It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Beats Norway To Be The Happiest OECD Nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
If I couldn't be Canadian anymore, I'd definitely want to be Australian.

But yeah, we're doing quite well in Canada.
www.oecd.org...

Canadians make more, work less, are happier with their lives and better educated than most residents of the 34 countries that make up the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development...

www.cbc.ca...

Also a 9.0 on health? I guess Our health care system leaves something to be desired afterall!
www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org...

Thats funny. I have always thought Canada would be the best place to live if I wasnt here. You have certain laws that I agree with. Your Government seems pretty good. Canadians always seem cool too.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Agree with the Asian friendships, and although he had his floors Kevin was in a better position for that to happen. He had a connection and it's probably lost now with you know who !!! Need someone with big nuts to step up & help Australia take full advantage or resources. Can't see it happening, not much choice at the moment.

Yeah but by saying krudd was a good option, is pretty much saying nothing. No matter which bafoon gets voted in, the rules stay the same, the players stay the same, just identities differ to protect the guilty.

This is 100% why enforced voting is a failure. With it, you're guaranteed that some numpty is voted in. If it was voluntary, and people actually cared, it'd be a very different kettle of fish.

Still, when I go to the beach or even a park, I love this place. It shines. It's a true gem. I cannot fault the weather in WA. It's HOT as hell and then it's colder than hell frozen over, but in between, it's just bloody awesome.

Cant sit in the sun all day though, sadly... so it's those miscreants with superficial power that corrupt corruption to the hilt, that make me jaded.

Paul Keating was another one of the colin barnetts. arrogant, self appreciating, smug, and determined to be renown for his attitude rathern than his policies. I pine for the day I want to see someone in power. It will never happen, it's just not how this democracy works. You vote for the lesser of two evils, and all you get is double edged evil swords, making the whole effort a pointless endeavour.

Politics.. Should stay out of the arena when speaking of this country. Like all places, they stink just as much when they hit the fan, and before that, you are always wondering "What the bloody hell stinks so much..."

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
Don't know much about AUS...but from what I see coming from the policies on Video Games with graphic content, I wouldn't want to live there...

Seems like a bit too much of a nanny state to me. Dunno...maybe someone can correct this notion - its just from what I've heard.

Well, if you base the quality of life on video games, you're SOOL. lol

But hey, nanny states are good, no? I mean just now on the telly, I saw a news item that said "Hey Pot smokers. Don't smoke pot, go for a run!" and I thought "Holy crap, who'd have thought of that!!! Those athletes that are disqualified from participation for positive results, should have just gon.. oh wait..."

And sadly, that is true... don't ban the messenger, it was on the news! IT WAS ON THE NEWS!!

edit on 23-5-2012 by mainidh because: Threw an O where a U was meant to be. Ahh who'd be a cripple lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Stephen Harper is about to change that soon!!!

But yes if you aussies want to preserve your wealth and social security,better be vigilant about the NWO.Look at what happened in USA,we dissidents were ridiculed as the Black helicopter or tin foil about our warnings about slow and steady preparations of genocide camps ,Govt spying and coming draconian laws and will collapse the USA for NWO.We warned and were ridiculed by the stupid sheep in USA and look what happened today.

Awaken the sheep of your nation before the NWO does the same in your nation.Your elite isn't as brave as Stalin or the russian elite but public pressure will make them bow.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I have no idea why but your post made me think of this:

The sheep of australia are just not ready for canned thoughts!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I'm Norwegian, and I haven't been happy for ages. Norway has a lot of good things going for it, but a lot of bad too. They sugar coat the bad things and hope we're too stupid to realize it. But more and more people are starting to realize the major issues facing Norway, the people and the government.

Thankfully, I'll be outta here soon back to the place I called home for the majority of my life.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The land of the Resources Boom.

I'm guessing you live in W.A or QLD, because while the mining states are currently doing well, the rest of the country is flat-lining, with massive job losses occurring over recent months in Victoria alone.

The biggest threat to Australia is the Federal Government that is intent on pandering to the United States Government despite the fact that Australias future is with China and not the United States.

If you are speaking in terms of economics, China's growth is linked to the US buying their cheap manufactured goods. If the US tanks and stops buying Chinese goods, China stops needing our raw materials to make those goods, and our much-lauded "resources boom" dries up overnight. So we're still tied to the US's success, just via China.

If you are speaking in terms of strategy and military alliance, consider that our alliance with the US was to our advantage in WWII. It would be difficult to justify turning our backs on that history for little or no gain, especially by allying with a country that has zero cultural connection, history, or loyalty with us.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Agree with you it amazes me how many people bag out a pollie or party. Then you ask who they voted and guess what " they have no idea" wtf. You should at least have to have some level of iq before you can vote :/

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

I'm guessing you live in W.A or QLD, because while the mining states are currently doing well, the rest of the country is flat-lining, with massive job losses occurring over recent months in Victoria alone.

The biggest threat to Australia is the Federal Government that is intent on pandering to the United States Government despite the fact that Australias future is with China and not the United States.

If you are speaking in terms of economics, China's growth is linked to the US buying their cheap manufactured goods. If the US tanks and stops buying Chinese goods, China stops needing our raw materials to make those goods, and our much-lauded "resources boom" dries up overnight. So we're still tied to the US's success, just via China.

If you are speaking in terms of strategy and military alliance, consider that our alliance with the US was to our advantage in WWII. It would be difficult to justify turning our backs on that history for little or no gain, especially by allying with a country that has zero cultural connection, history, or loyalty with us.

Chinese internal demand is rising at a linear rate.Chinese could use the currency surpluses to stimulate internal demand for 3-5 years at current production levels.

So would you like NDAA?I renounced my american citizenship for good reason.USA of ww2 is not USA today.Its a nazi germany.
edit on 23-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

I live in NSW. There are plenty of mining jobs around.

And compre our economy with any Western Nation. We are a safe haven. The United States cant pay its debt so they are done. Europe are done. Asia is the future. China has been busy creating a BRICS Bank with the BRICS nations. The BRICS can trade between themselves when the next GFC hits. The power will shift. The BRICS Bank will take over from the World Bank and the IMF. Everyone likes to bang on about how China will collapse without all those American consumers. Its not true. China is never going to see that money. They know that. They continue to buy the debt because it gives them power over the US Government just like the IMF is trying to gain over Europe. Did you hear the way China spoke to America after the Credit Downgrade?

China and Asia are the future and we should get on the right team. Its about more than resources. America will lose the Reserve Currency status before long. China will overtake the US as the worlds largest economy withina few years. America is screwed. They are a sinking ship. We need to jump ship before its too late.

And we owe America nothing. We fought off Japan ourselves. America helped with their navy but Japan decided that it was impossible to invade us after they discovered how hard we fight. China wouldnt want to fight us either if diplomacy was an option. Our alliance with America makes diplomacy harder than it should be. It also risks drawing us into conflict since we are right near China.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

I don't think there's many of us that mind that type of nanny state, really what are we missing out on banning a few games here & there. Weathers to good to be playing indoor games. There's alway pirated copies anyway.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Get around us! I agree withthe previous poster who stated that if Victoria had warmer weather it'd be the perfect country
gettin real cold here.

We need to cut our ties with the U.S and Brittain and forge a new way forward.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
reply to post by Holodomor

I don't think there's many of us that mind that type of nanny state, really what are we missing out on banning a few games here & there. Weathers to good to be playing indoor games. There's alway pirated copies anyway.

Ha! Why ban a Mortal Kombat game but allow GTA?

I wonder what our libert rating should be.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Get around us! I agree withthe previous poster who stated that if Victoria had warmer weather it'd be the perfect country
gettin real cold here.

We need to cut our ties with the U.S and Brittain and forge a new way forward.

Yeah,we dont need Britan or America. Those guys at Eureka Stockade had the right idea. We should become a Republic and form new alliances. The Western Australians are ready to become part of Asia. They are our friends. They are the future.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Jennifer Hawkins is a national treasure too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join