It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Beats Norway To Be The Happiest OECD Nation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Australia is the world’s happiest nation, ahead of Norway and the United States, according to a survey by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). (Photo: IBTimes Pictures)Austaralia is world's happiest nation, according to OECD Better Life Index Enlarge (Photo: IBTimes Pictures) Austaralia is world's happiest nation, according to OECD Better Life Index Follow IBTimes UK Google Plus Related Articles IMF's Christine Lagarde tells UK: 'Growth Too Slow' [NEWS VIDEO] In its annual Better Life Index, the Paris-based group ranked Australia as top among industrialised nations based on criteria such as jobs, income and health. The OECD survey rated its 34 member countries on categories such as housing, jobs, education, health, environment and work-life balance, giving equal weight to all 11 categories. Though no nation came first in all categories, it is the cumulative ranking that catapulted Australia to first position. Norway and the US are second and third respectively. Read more: www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

So its official. Australia is the greatest nation to live in on the earth. Take that Norway. I was surprised to see that the United States was ranked third. I thought they would be way down the list.

Australia is the land of the gold plated AAA Credit Rating. The land of the Resources Boom. The land of low unemployment. The land that shrugged off the GFC. Australia is in the perfect position geographically as the power shifts to the East. Australia is by far in the best position to face the future compared to the other OECD Nations

The biggest threat to Australia is the Federal Government that is intent on pandering to the United States Government despite the fact that Australias future is with China and not the United States.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Australia is a great country, but the pollies suck & will ruin this country sadly
. If Victoria could have warmer weather it would be a perfect country

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Uhhh, sorry.. what did you say? For some reason I was entirely distracted... uhh still am di.. wait, hard to type one handed..

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You should thank the British, for shipping you off to a nice warm Island, with great beeches, while the rest of us Brits live on a crowded little Island, with crap weather.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Australia is a great country, but the pollies suck & will ruin this country sadly
. If Victoria could have warmer weather it would be a perfect country

I agree. Our politicians are terrible.

But like I said,being close to China puts us in a great position going forward. China and Asia will be the power of the future. We will be the premiere nation of western culture. Our tourism industry is going to thrive. We have so much resources its not funny. Low population and ample room to expand. We should be strengthening our friendship with China. By allowing America to send marines here and have them talk about a Drone Base off our coast only hurts our standing with China. We are Chinas best friend apart from North Korea. Together,we could rule the world. We have it all covered between us. America is history. We need to cut ties so we dont go down with the ship.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Miranda Kerr is a national treasure.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
You should thank the British, for shipping you off to a nice warm Island, with great beeches, while the rest of us Brits live on a crowded little Island, with crap weather.

Ha!

Yeah,mostly free settlers though really.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Agree with the Asian friendships, and although he had his floors Kevin was in a better position for that to happen. He had a connection and it's probably lost now with you know who !!! Need someone with big nuts to step up & help Australia take full advantage or resources. Can't see it happening, not much choice at the moment.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes thank you as I'm descendent of that time lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Don't know much about AUS...but from what I see coming from the policies on Video Games with graphic content, I wouldn't want to live there...

Seems like a bit too much of a nanny state to me. Dunno...maybe someone can correct this notion - its just from what I've heard.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

Australia is a nanny state but the social systems are very good.But,yeah don't praise in front of indians,pakis they think of australia as KKK land.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Agree with the Asian friendships, and although he had his floors Kevin was in a better position for that to happen. He had a connection and it's probably lost now with you know who !!! Need someone with big nuts to step up & help Australia take full advantage or resources. Can't see it happening, not much choice at the moment.

Yeah,Paul Keating did alot to encourage investment from China/Asia. We can still be friends with America but there is no sense letting them have military bases on our soil. There is no reason to risk our friendship with China over their Imperialism.

I like how the WA Government has made such strong ties with Asia. When the dalia lama was coming here the WA Premiere refused to meet with him because he didnt want to offend China. I like that WA threatened to split from the rest of Australia the other day. The Federal Government are pathetic. WA said they would become part of Asia. All of Australia should become part of Asia. Asia is our future. Not just with resources but for future growth in all areas. Asians love coming to Australia. The future is bright for us if we dont go down with America.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Holodomor

Australia is a nanny state but the social systems are very good.But,yeah don't praise in front of indians,pakis they think of australia as KKK land.

Yeah. The Indian Media are alarmist.

It was funny,A while ago,I was reading a story about a reporter that went undercover in an Indian Call Centre to see what they say about us. They trained them to be patient with Australians because we are poorly educated and slow. They also said that we are very angry. And they stressed not to say anything bad about our dogs because we love pets.

There is some crime here. And some racism. The lebanese Australians should be complaining more than the Indian Australians. Everyone gets along pretty good though. The Indian media are alarmist.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If I couldn't be Canadian anymore, I'd definitely want to be Australian.

But yeah, we're doing quite well in Canada.
www.oecd.org...

Canadians make more, work less, are happier with their lives and better educated than most residents of the 34 countries that make up the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development...

www.cbc.ca...

Also a 9.0 on health? I guess Our health care system leaves something to be desired afterall!
www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

indian media is full of corporate propaganda.Australia is under NWO ,but its businessmen like Clive Palmer are not obedient to NWO. Clive Palmer went on TV accusing the Rockefeller family and CIA of trying to ruin the australian coal industry. Shows the aussie businessmen have guts like Vladmir Putin unlike the Times of india owner Vineet Jain who's friends with Lynn Forester De Rothschild and that horny geezer Vijay Mallya a masonic puppet and friend of Rothschilds . Indian elite is proven NWO lackeys.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
obama has threatened to ruin coal in the US too
NWO as stated above I guess

Canada is in the same boat too

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

indian media is full of corporate propaganda.Australia is under NWO ,but its businessmen like Clive Palmer are not obedient to NWO. Clive Palmer went on TV accusing the Rockefeller family and CIA of trying to ruin the australian coal industry. Shows the aussie businessmen have guts like Vladmir Putin unlike the Times of india owner Vineet Jain who's friends with Lynn Forester De Rothschild and that horny geezer Vijay Mallya a masonic puppet and friend of Rothschilds . Indian elite is proven NWO lackeys.

Yeah. That was awesome. The media tried to make him look like an idiot but if you look into what he is saying its actually true. The Rockafellers fund a group that is linked to the Greens. It is also not a stretch to assume that the Rockafeller Foundation donates to the greens directly through a third party.

Its good to see some people coming out and speaking the truth even though they know the media will try to make fools of them. Its a secret silence. More need to speak out against these criminal American Bankers/Politicians?Corporatists. I think more and more will in the future.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

OMG you did it again!!!

She is, one very fine lady... I've never wanted to be Orlando Bloom before her, but I could handle that life pretty well I think

I'd love to know the real truth in regards to how happy us aussies are. Mind you, if they asked me, well.. how happy can you be on cheap grog and microwave popcorn.. lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
obama has threatened to ruin coal in the US too
NWO as stated above I guess

Canada is in the same boat too

Yeah,its crazy. Its all about making us pay inflated prices for energy. The Carbon Credits do not even translate to a reduction in polution. The corporations just purchase the right to pollute amd pass it on to the customer/taxpayer. Its absurd. It also makes it harder for small business because start up and running costs for certain industries skyrocket. Carbon Credits is a scheme thought up by Bankers and Corporatists.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Just imagine how happy we would all be if the NWO types got the old Ixnay
then we could all be real happy
not just brainwashed happy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join