It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official- Obama Verified Eligible to Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
On Monday May 21, 2012
Hawaii has verified President Barack Obama's birth records to Arizona's elections chief!

Quote from article : "Joshua Wisch, special assistant to Hawaii Attorney General David Louie, told The Associated Press in an email late Tuesday that the matter is resolved after Hawaii gave Arizona the verification it was looking for."

This puts the fork in the latest birther theory.

Also Joe Arpaio has called off his investigation. His Posse is returning to Arizona after the news broke.

Another quote from the article "
Wisch says Hawaii got what it needed, so it gave Bennett's office the verification"

Article here : www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm surprised that this went on as long as it did. And not to say that Arizona and the sheriff were in the wrong, but I think both sides drew this out way too long.
But then again both sides had dug in their respective heels in their regards to the opposite side.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

Lol, I swear, Arizona secretly loves Obama. Admit it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot
On Monday May 21, 2012
Hawaii has verified President Barack Obama's birth records to Arizona's elections chief!

Quote from article : "Joshua Wisch, special assistant to Hawaii Attorney General David Louie, told The Associated Press in an email late Tuesday that the matter is resolved after Hawaii gave Arizona the verification it was looking for."

Also Joe Arpaio has called off his investigation. His Posse is returning to Arizona after the news broke.

Wisch says Hawaii got what it needed, so it gave Bennett's office the verification"

I love this

I don't think this is what Arizona birthers were looking for exactly. The want Obama out, as with all birthers, they aren't interested in anything further.

oh this is my favourite part of your OP:

Where do I sign up to join Arpaio's posse?? These guys got a free trip to Hawaii all for a publicity stunt and what the hell do I get??

+9 more 
posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I admire your enthusiasm for Obama, but I think that enthusiasm pushes you further than the facts permit.

According to your source, Hawaii thinks it has given Arizona what it needs, but

It's not immediately clear whether the information will satisfy Bennett. Bennett spokesman Matthew Roberts said the office received the verification and planned to comment Wednesday.
Maybe it's acceptable, maybe not. We'll know soon, but we don't know now.

The article didn't say that.

This was not a birther theory, Arizona was trying to satisfy its citizens that all candidates were qualified. There was no "theory" to go along with this.

As I say, I admire your loyalty to your candidate, but you may want to be a little more careful.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I admire your enthusiasm for Obama, but I think that enthusiasm pushes you further than the facts permit.

.....but this is what Arizona will take. Brewer is clearly not interested in getting involved in this birther lunacy (even she has a limit) and Bennett has stepped back from going any further with this. Obama is going to be on the ballot.

You want to know why Arpaio has invested himself so dearly into bitherism lately? Well apart from his obvious political and partisan issues, he's 80 years old and due for retirement. Zullo, the man leading his investigation, is a supposed retired detective. Birtherism is a poison to political careers. Some politicians will flirt with it from time to time, but nobody with serious intentions of high office is willing to fully take it through. Ah well, there was Alan Keyes, but he full well knew he didn't have a chance in heck.

As for the comment from Bennetts spokesperson? Well Bennett doesn't want to look too weak infront of potential birther voters now would he? You know what's going to happen? Obama will be on the ballot, and birthers will move on to something else.

This was not a birther theory,

It is a birther theory. Two birth certificates were already released to the public, verified by hawaiian officials. Birthers refuse to accept either of those, because they believe there is some big cover up going on. The entire point of demanding Bennett to do something is just another excuse for birthers to make a scene, in reality they've already made up their minds on this matter. 'Verification' means nothing to them, and you apparently.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It's not immediately clear whether the information will satisfy Bennett. Bennett spokesman Matthew Roberts said the office received the verification and planned to comment Wednesday.
Maybe it's acceptable, maybe not. We'll know soon, but we don't know now.

The article didn't say that.

This was not a birther theory, Arizona was trying to satisfy its citizens that all candidates were qualified. There was no "theory" to go along with this.

As I say, I admire your loyalty to your candidate, but you may want to be a little more careful.

I don't understand? They asked for verification, they got it. They got what they asked for.

Why is his enthusiasm pushing the facts? They got what they asked for, logically, the matter is settled. Are they going to stack on extra requirements??

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

On Monday May 21, 2012

Do you expect us to not actually read the article? Your quote "Also Joe Arpaio has called off his investigation. His Posse is returning to Arizona after the news broke" was not mentioned anywhere, so obviously you're trying to falsify news.

Joshua Wisch, special assistant to Hawaii Attorney General David Louie, told The Associated Press in an email late Tuesday that the matter is resolved after Hawaii gave Arizona the verification it was looking for.

Hawaii says the matter is resolved, not the Arizona investigative team. From the article:

Roberts did not say whether the information would end the flap with Obama's name on the ballot.

edit on 5/23/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Great catch op... lots of challenges back and forth on this issue... still does not yet seem that it will go away.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Huffington is the only one reporting this so far. I will have to check Arizona's response.
Is it a BC by affidavit or not?
Is Arizona satisfied that he is Natural Born or just that he has a BC?
Guess we will just have to wait for the news.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Two threads? Same topic
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=14172523#pid14172523

Alrighty... Let's hope Obama fills out all of his paperwork properly in AZ Quite the reversal from the Secretary of State. Makes one wonder... Who got to him?

edit on 23-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

You forgot something in your OP

Roberts did not say whether the information would end the flap with Obama's name on the ballot.

Bennett said during a radio interview earlier Tuesday that he had reworded his request to Hawaii and expected to get a response within two days.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

No word in your article either that suggest the Sheriff is calling off his investigation as you stated in your OP. Perhaps I check your other thread to make sure you have your facts straight also.
Today is Wednesday! Let's see what he says TODAY! I think you got a little ahead of yourself OP.

edit on 23-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2012 by jibeho because: typo

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You and I both know this isn't going to stop the birther (or the "I'm not a birther, but") crowd.

People that dumb, that completely retarded, that obsessively stupid, cannot be stopped by facts. It doesn't matter what is presented, how many times their idiotic cases are thrown out of court, how many times their fake Kenyan birth certificates are discovered to be hoaxed, they aren't going to stop.

I guarantee these people are going to claim victory come January 20 (either 2013, or 2017 depending on if Obama is re elected.) and claim that the reason that Obama isn't in office anymore is because they were right all along.

It won't have anything to do with reality, it's all in their pathetically delusional heads. Reality has absolutely nothing these people want, and they reject it, substituting their own delusion for the facts at hand.

Robert Gibbs understood this:

Nothing we can do brother. It's just arguing with idiots. They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
edit on 23-5-2012 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No press conference today from the AZ Sec of State.

A Hawaii official sent Bennett's office verification of birth for President Obama on Tuesday, according to both Bennett and Hawaii officials.

Bennett said the issue is now resolved from his point of view. He has cancelled a planned Wednesday news conference where he was expected to discuss the issue.

"I'm happy that we got what we asked for and that's what I was expecting all along," Bennett said Tuesday night.

Bennett made national news earlier this month when he asked Hawaii to verify Obama's birthplace to ensure the President is eligible to appear on Arizona's November ballot.

His decision reignited the simmering birther movement, though Bennett has said he doesn't associate with the birthers.

On Tuesday Joshua A. Wisch, special assistant to the attorney general in Hawaii, said the matter had been resolved.

"We have received information from Secretary Bennett that satisfied our requirement and has therefore provided his office with a verification of birth for President Obama," Wisch wrote in an email.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

If it was this easy to begin with, why were they dragging their feet for so long in HI with regards to earlier unanswered requests. Pretty simple stuff when you consider the high level of those folks involved. Who's milking what? or who needed more time to get their ducks in a row?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I am a citizen of Arizona. A handful (1200) emails requested proof of Obama's Hawaii birth.

The population of Arizona is 6,392,017.

I'd say most citizens are satisfied.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I am a citizen of Arizona. A handful (1200) emails requested proof of Obama's Hawaii birth.

Good point! At least no one can say that your secretary of state ignored their requests. Nothing wrong with following procedure to ensure accuracy in a situation that should have been very simple from the beginning had there been sufficient cooperation across the board. Oddly, its been stonewalling tactics the entire time as if they are making this stuff up as they go along.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by Annee

Good point! At least no one can say that your secretary of state ignored their requests. Nothing wrong with following procedure to ensure accuracy in a situation that should have been very simple from the beginning had there been sufficient cooperation across the board. Oddly, its been stonewalling tactics the entire time as if they are making this stuff up as they go along.

He could have said its been verified by the White House.

Arizona has its share of white supremacists. Fortunately - - there's an influx of new young residents - - many from CA.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

On Monday May 21, 2012

I love this

I don't think this is what Arizona birthers were looking for exactly. The want Obama out, as with all birthers, they aren't interested in anything further.

oh this is my favourite part of your OP:

Where do I sign up to join Arpaio's posse?? These guys got a free trip to Hawaii all for a publicity stunt and what the hell do I get??

Chuckled when I read the thread topic as well.
The birthers weren't interested in anything further then ousting Obama, your right and this included the truth.
Way to go to Arpaio's boys going on a tax funded safari in Hawaii. Guardian, I don't think your bigot enough to fit in with that piece of trash's posse though, sorry.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2012 by Procession101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Arizona has its share of white supremacists. Fortunately - - there's an influx of new young residents - - many from CA.

Now, why did you have to bring that issue into the fray? Are you suggesting that only white supremacists in AZ sent the emails to your secretary of state? That's a bold and unnecessary jump with a little race card slight of hand. Boooo!!

Glad you are getting California's outcasts. I guess the bankrupt state no longer appealed to them and their quest for a free life living off of the state. (oops sorry for that assumption)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Annee

Now, why did you have to bring that issue into the fray? Are you suggesting that only white supremacists in AZ sent the emails to your secretary of state? That's a bold and unnecessary jump with a little race card slight of hand. Boooo!!

Because its true. I live here. I know.

However - no where did I say only white supremacists are the only ones who sent emails.

Glad you are getting California's outcasts. I guess the bankrupt state no longer appealed to them and their quest for a free life living off of the state. (oops sorry for that assumption)

There's been a heavy influx from California for the last 20 years.

edit on 23-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Arizona being the home of Reid and MCCain leads other to know otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join