It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Suddenly Seems Electable (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I remeber when Obama was running for President..... people said "He cant get elected - he wont get elected"

Now we have it completely opposite- and people still deny the power a politician can have over the populace.

Only this time- The people have someone they can put a little trust into, and knowing for a fact that he actually cares about what he is doing.

Obama got elected cause the Republicans were done and the Liberals had the man that they needed to get everything they needed or didnt get from the prior administration. Only they got more than they could bargain for.
Lots of handshakes and fist bumping went on during those times.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
My point is, if people don't like Ron Paul, don't assume that they're automatically part of a group that you despise.

I despise liberals and republicans equally

It's incredibly frustrating when a politician like RP comes along and people latch onto him/her like blind sheep without realizing that they could be duped once again (as with Obama).

I understand that. I myself am often surprised that I'm so into him. But it really is more about the ideas he represents. He just happens to also be a likable guy.

Always look at a politician from a balanced viewpoint before voting.

It'd be ludicrous to imply that I hadn't

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Didn't he say recently that he didn't think that he'd get the nomination and that his run is symbolic?

Why keep running then? Isn't that giving false hope to his supporters?

Unless you can provide a source, I've never heard him describe his run as "symbolic".

False hope to supporters? Do you have any idea what's been going on recently? People who believe in liberty have been infiltrating the system. They're taking over the GOP at the state level across the entire country. Can you not accept that this might be something that could be categorized as a "revolution"? Whatever he's doing, it's working. How that would be considered giving his supporters 'false hope' is beyond me.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Was very nice to hear mitt wrongney be honest, maybe that was a first for me it had been utter bullpuckey up until then.
Ron Paul can even get a compulsive liar to be truthful, imagine what he could get from the federal express reserve if he was prez.
Got to be worth a vote just to see how far down the pan america is already.
A vote for ron paul is a vote to see where america really is, politically, militarily, economically, is it so far gone and so blatantly fraudulent that even ron paul cannot pull it back on its feet.
It is something people should vote to see, kind of like going all in with a poker hand, sometimes, you just have to look.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what do you mean "suddenly" ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

With all of the comments said about Dr.Paul they make it sound like a novelty to be honest and not up there lying and flip flopping the issues,has it really been that long since they have heard an honest politician speak?

If it wasn't for the cheaters,liars,and thieves running the election Congressman Paul would be a shoo-in for president.
I still have hope that he will win this election

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I'm a realist, not a dreamer

Nope, I'm pretty sure you're not a realist. You're just pretending to be one.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You're what, the 4th or 5th poster to make a cheerleading thread for Ron Paul.

I think it's a lot more than 4 or 5 posters.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

This is the Vid from '88.

What an odious piece of slime Morton Downey is!!

He also blamed tobacco companies for lying to consumers about cigarettes, although congressman Ron Paul (also a physician) had advised him, in 1988, while on his show, that smoking was highly unhealthy and responsible for a huge number of deaths every year.[1]

Wiki Source

Morton Downey was a douche. I would love to know what that twat of a woman thinks of R.P now.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Liberty and freedom are popular!!!

Not to the left, they aren't, as evidenced by certain posters in this thread.

Ron Paul 2012

/TOA

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

You're what, the 4th or 5th poster to make a cheerleading thread for Ron Paul.

How many more of these are going to pop up before the people making them realize that it is futile to continue to do so?

I love how you assume that because people were booing Ron Paul in 1988, that they were "liberals". So lovely, coming from someone who wants people to let go of the status quo and vote for Ron Paul.

RP is still an improvement over R$ but not by much.

What the # does it matter to you? I enjoyed reading it. Thanks OP, I appreciate it. If you don't like it, move along and don't be a douche bag about it. You really love the smell of your own farts don't you?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I just love the way people nay say about Ron Paul .... But they never offer a viable alternative .

Lets be honest Do You Want More Obama a proven Liar .. Or Perhaps Romney a corporate raider and a sell out ?

they are both warmongers and corporate whores ..

So who is left ? Who has a shred of honesty proven through the years time and again ... ???

I guess some people would rather see the world go to hell rather than admit that the Republican/Democrat parties are a sham and do not represent the peoples interests .

If Ron Paul stood a chance in hell running as a Libertarian he would have ..but that is not the way things are structured .

To all you nay sayers and malcontents Who Would Better this Country at this time ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
what do you mean "suddenly" ?

It's the title of the video on youtube. Not my words

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think Ron Paul is serious about serving as President, and I think people should take him seriously. Reasons for believing this:
-He has been running for years, and his platform is the same as it was the first time he ran
-Other congressmen have stated that Ron Paul as President makes much more sense than Ron Paul as congressman
-If he does not serve, the system will just fall back into the same old establishment status quo bull that got the country into the mess that inspired him to run in the first place
-the economy really needs help, and Ron has the know-how to get it back on its feet
-He lives in the country, and he wants to be free as much as the next guy out there who is NOT running for President, and the other candidates and the incumbent are doing everything in their power and will continue to undermine freedom
-He's not afraid and prepared for a potential attempt on his life, he is the oldest candidate, and he knows that being killed will make him into a Martyr, and will make more impact on the system than if he were to serve just one full term
-He's a hero, a veteran and the closest thing to real, substantial change that America has seen in decades

If anyone thinks that there is a better option between Obama and Romney, get your fascist mindset out of here, you're just building your own prison and digging your own grave.

Other option would be Roseanne Barr, hahaha, she would actually be a good president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join