It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Suddenly Seems Electable (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just came across this.. sorry if it's already been posted. Great compilation of clips, and the message is right on. It's true that it's just a matter of public opinion coming around. I was stunned when I saw that old footage of Dr. Paul on the Morton Downey (?) Show back in '88.. Every single person in the room was yelling at him, booing him, angry with what he was saying - yet he was saying the exact same things he says today. I know, Morton Downey's audience was probably packed with liberals, but still.. A room in 2012, even packed with liberals, he'd be getting cheers. Or at least not booed by every single person in the house.

In trying to find optimism in these tumultuous times, my hope is that despite all the prescription drugs, fluoridated water and 24 hour propaganda, people are indeed waking up, one by one.

Plus, this videos cool simply because I like hearing people - let alone people like Ben Bernanke, Hillary Clinton, and Howard Stern - say that Ron Paul is right.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Dear bacci0909,

I was struck by the idea of people waking up one by one. I think it's a given that the Paul message will take some time to wake up the entire country. Who is Ron Paul's successor when he leaves politics? Is Rand pretty much a copy of Ron, or is there someone else who is philosophically closer?

Oh, congratulations on locating something that you see as good news. We all need some from time to time.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

One of the things about Ron Paul that always amazes me is that when I come to a debate like this the only signs I see are the Ron Paul people, out there in freezing temperatures, they're always there. He ignites an enthusiasm with a number of people, it's very exciting.

~ Mitt Romney

Wow, Mitt just blew my mind with his honesty, I can't believe he even said that... it's like a criminal openly admitting his own crimes and getting away with it.

Evidence of Vote Flipping in GOP Primary Elections
edit on 23-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This is the Vid from '88.

What an odious piece of slime Morton Downey is!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There was a speed bump in Nevada but Dr. Paul will push on to Tampa!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

This is the Vid from '88.

HAHAHA! Man Ron Paul is getting really fired up! I've never seen him like that. It's funny how times change. Recent surveys indicate the majority of people want to end the war of drugs because they think it's a miserable failure. If that debate took place today the crowd would be cheering him and not booing him. No wonder the establishment is so scared of Ron Paul, his ideas are finally starting to sink in and people are starting to wake up. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I can't even believe how stupid that whole debacle with Morton Downey was. Does anyone know who the lady arguing with RP is? I'd like to send her a letter and see if she still thinks the same way. Thanks for linking that vid. Times have changed alot in 20 years. Go Ron Paul!
edit on 5/23/2012 by Xenrutcon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xenrutcon

Lisa Sliwa of the Guardian Angels.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xenrutcon

And her name is Lisa Evers now, and works as a reporter for FOX 5.

She doesn't seem to be the kind of person to change. I think she would still push for a nanny state. Ron was right, if you legalize drugs the drug dealers get put out of business overnight and she wouldn't get to get publicity because one of her people got beat and stabbed.

Funny how she was supposedly raped by two people from the guardian angels. How could she not see that those "in charge of cleaning up the streets" can be just as dangerous as those dirty drug dealers? At least the dirty drug dealer doesnt pretend to be a moral authority as the nanny state does, and just gives them plausible deniability

"why would web ever deal drugs or break laws? We are the government, everything we do is to protect you, we never think about ourselves, only your well being"
edit on 23-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

You're what, the 4th or 5th poster to make a cheerleading thread for Ron Paul.

How many more of these are going to pop up before the people making them realize that it is futile to continue to do so?

I love how you assume that because people were booing Ron Paul in 1988, that they were "liberals". So lovely, coming from someone who wants people to let go of the status quo and vote for Ron Paul.

RP is still an improvement over R$ but not by much.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear bacci0909,

I was struck by the idea of people waking up one by one. I think it's a given that the Paul message will take some time to wake up the entire country. Who is Ron Paul's successor when he leaves politics? Is Rand pretty much a copy of Ron, or is there someone else who is philosophically closer?

Oh, congratulations on locating something that you see as good news. We all need some from time to time.

With respect,
Charles1952

I'm not sure who Dr. Paul's successor would be.. my hope is that it wouldn't come down to just one person, but a movement of elected officials. We are starting to see candidates for senate and congress pop up all over the place who say Ron Paul is the reason they got into politics.

As far as Rand goes, I'm not informed on him enough. I like a good amount of what I've heard him say, and I've heard he's definitely consistent. It's strange though.. there is something about him that makes me embrace him with less than open arms. Don't know why, could be in my head. For all I know, he'll carry on Ron's legacy and beyond.

I always wished Dennis Kucinich (former Democrat senator from Ohio) would have run for higher office. He incites a very similar debate as Ron does about foreign policy, monetary concerns, and vanishing civil liberties. Basically, Kucinich is a constitutionalist, like Dr. Paul. And I almost wonder if Kucinich would have greater success, given that his anti-war views are more in line with his own party.

And yes, I'm happy anytime I can find something that keeps the cynicism at bay!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

What's futile about it? Ron Paul is gaining tremendous traction. You know it and you are worried. He is absolutely the best option by far. He puts Obaromney to shame. Liberty and freedom are popular!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

And her name is Lisa Evers now, and works as a reporter for FOX 5.

Hahaha, who is surprised by that?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I'm not worried at all because from the sounds of it, RP will probably end up endorsing R$ at some point.

I'm a realist, not a dreamer.

I'm not sure that RP even wants to be President at this point. You can keep pushing for him and even elect him. But, will he serve?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by bacci0909

You're what, the 4th or 5th poster to make a cheerleading thread for Ron Paul.

4th or 5th? It's got to be more than that..

How many more of these are going to pop up before the people making them realize that it is futile to continue to do so?

What could be futile about making a cheerleading thread? Is this a thread about delegate counts? No. Is it a thread about some prediction concerning the national convention? No.. it's just a video about somebody I admire. What's futile about sharing it?

I love how you assume that because people were booing Ron Paul in 1988, that they were "liberals"

I don't just assume they were liberals, I'm going off of what a lot of them were saying when at the mic. I'm probably wrong.. were they conservative? That's fine.. makes no difference regarding my point about the evolution of the American people's mindset. Ron got booed thunderously by REPUBLICAN voters as recent as a couple months ago, so what's your point?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You can keep pushing for him and even elect him. But, will he serve?

Now you're just babbling complete and utter nonsense. He would drop out if he didn't intend to serve.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My point is, if people don't like Ron Paul, don't assume that they're automatically part of a group that you despise.

I'm sorry that I went off on you like that.

It's incredibly frustrating when a politician like RP comes along and people latch onto him/her like blind sheep without realizing that they could be duped once again (as with Obama). Always look at a politician from a balanced viewpoint before voting.

I've got plenty of reasons not to vote at all in November thanks to Obama and R$.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Didn't he say recently that he didn't think that he'd get the nomination and that his run is symbolic?

Why keep running then? Isn't that giving false hope to his supporters?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Why keep running then?

He didn't say it's completely impossible did he. There is always a chance. Pulling out now would be a slap in the face to all his supporters and the people who have donated to his campaign (he even said that himself), and like you said the longer he runs the more he can spread his message, it's not just about one thing or the other, it's about spreading the message whilst trying to get the nomination. Unlike some people he is a man of principle and consistency and will keep fighting until the very end. He may be aware the odds are stacked against him, but he still fully intends to serve should he get the nomination, you'd be a fool to believe otherwise.
edit on 23-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

His 30 year record of consistency tells me that no, he is not out to dupe me. I feel rather confident about that. Whatever happens his message has caught fire and it cannot be stopped. Liberty and Freedom for all!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join