It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Get The Hades Away From My Dinner Plate!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thank you for that!

There should definitely be an adequate food education program available to all. I agree with you on that basis. My argument is basically against penalties/banning/restricting what foods we can buy and eat. I look at obese children and it is a waste on top of being very sad. They have no choice about what food is bought into the house or being served. As a parent myself, I DO FEEL 100% liable for my daughter's weight/health. At least until she is an adult. I am much stricter with her diet than I am with mine. Her father's side of the family are all obese. My side are all small. She has a 50/50 chance of becoming too heavy which is then unhealthy.

We did live a more active lifestyle than they do today. I am not sure what the answer is for those parents who could care less about their children's eating habits, but I do know that I do not want the government taking control over yet another freedom we have.

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
When I saw the size of your OP I thought twice about reading it. I'm glad I did though, That was truly the most entertaining rant on this site ever. Not only hilarious to read but I also agree with your message. Anyone notice that food pyramid they pounded into all of us has changed drastically since then?
edit on 23-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: spelling

Thank you so much for the compliment!!
I am thinking I need to search out a pic of the oldest food pyramid that came out
Just for old times sake!

Originally posted by BellaSabre
I had forgotten all about that food pyramid! I think they made us memorize it in girl scouts. I still remember the examples in pictures. One was of eggs, a large wedge of cheese and a big jug of whole milk! yep. These days that would be called heart- attack- on- a -plate.

Actually, we do live longer now. Maybe they are on to something.

I know what you mean though. I will take to the closet with my chocolates and ice cream if I must. A girl does what a girl has to do.

Your post made me literally lol
Don't let them shame you into the closet with your cordial cherries and sherbert!!

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I hear you and star and flag for you

Without my chocolate,cookies,Little debbies
and coffee,I am not even human.I would be
grouchy,irritable and just plain mean.

Thank You!!

You are definitely not alone! My husband can get might angry when he goes without that stuff for a day or two!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

A huge thank you to you as well for being so kind and reading!
Your entire post was perfect!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, if that is the case, then you folks clearly never had to struggle with your weight, and shouldn't be doling out advice to eat every unhealthy thing under the sun to the rest of us, many of whom have battled body image issues for years.

And before you go there, I am 5 ft 5 inches, weigh 127 lbs, run 5 miles before work in the morning 4-5 days a week, and eat a very healthy diet which does not include the junk food listed in the OP. So why am I sympathetic to the opposing viewpoint? Because I wasn't always this way. I fought my weight for many many long and weary years before I got to this balance point. I had to learn how to reach my healthiest weight myself, the hard way, since my family didn't teach it to me. My folks, although they would not say this aloud, believe that being overweight is a moral failure, not a lack of understanding and commitment to nutrition and excercise. This is certainly not the case and not a helpful attitude.

<< 1   >>

join