It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars vs. Star Trek Space Battles - Must See!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
lmao
thank you

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

cool video!!! as much as i like picard,we all know that this would be the true outcome of such a battle!
jim kirk don't put up with no bull sh3t!!!

kirk is the man,and always will be.
if he faced vadar,he would settle the dispute with an arm wrestling contest which,of course. kirk would rip his arm off and beat him with it!

then kirk would find the first green chick he saw and hook up with her!!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I like this one

ps your all drones!!! especially the drones!

edit on 23-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Talk about funny star wars references this is great! Well acted and effects are really on point

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Quality selection - shame I can only flag once.

Geeks of the world unite

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Outstanding!

Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
An oldie, but still a classic...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
hahahahehaa i loved it! can we have more pls! i would love to be able to have the time to do this stuff but i work alot and to much for now, good stuff

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Alright, I know this isn't as much space battles...but it is Star Wars related. And just plain awesome, be sure to watch them in the order they are posted, not for continuity purposes but for awesomeness purposes!

edit on 5/23/2012 by adigregorio because: Video fix attempt # 1

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
I like this one

ps your all drones!!! especially the drones!

edit on 23-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

You mean "you're", instead of "your", don't you? There is a huge difference between the meaning of those words.

Why can't most people seem to write coherent english anymore? It's appalling, it's shocking, and it's depressing. Please, if you are going to write a short sentence, which is a quote (meaning, you don't even need to create anything new, so your (here is how you use that word correctly) brain doesn't need to do much work), the LEAST you can do is get the few words correct.

English is probably the easiest language in the world, it has very short and simple words, and then most native speakers seem to mess them up. Just because they only care about how something is pronounced, not about how it's written. And if someone points out their mistake, their attitude is almost always the same: "You only care about my grammar, not my point, so your correction is worthless".

It's unbelievable, and uncanny. It's almost as if people have been programmed to do this, to choose the wrong grammar, wrong words, and generally to make a mess out of the english language and not care. If this kept going, in 50 years no one would understand anyone anymore.

If anyone corrects me, when I make a mistake, I am thankful for the opportunity to improve myself. I guess you have to be an optimist to expect such an attitude from people that make mistakes.

Here is some of the mistakes I seem to regularly bump into:

- their / there / they're / thier -- getting mixed up (not that 'thier' is a word)
- would of / could of / should of -- instead of: would have / could have / should have
- wierd instead of weird
- sequal instead of sequel
- then instead of than
- to instead of two or too (and vice versa)
- villian instead of villain
- here instead of hear (and vice versa)
- compleat instead of complete
- waist instead of waste (and vice versa)
- new instead of knew
- no instead of know

And so on .. I could continue this list for a really long time - I have seen a lot of these things - I call them "American Typos", and I am worried.

It's more common to bump into these (and a plethora of other) "American Typos" than to bump into messages that are free of them. This can't be normal. How, when and why did people become so dumb that they can't figure out how their own language's words are written?

When did they become so arrogant and disrespectful towards others, that they don't even care whether they write words correctly or incorrectly?

From an outsider's point of view it looks like someone substitutes "Falcon" for "Ferrari", and when someone corrects them, they get angry and thing everyone should have understood their point anyway, although they typed it incorrectly.

Sorry to dump this load on you - you are not the main problem of course, just one of the many people who write extremely short messages, and manage to STILL get them wrong. This trend really worries me.

I can understand 'grammar' errors, when it's either a typo, a missing comma, or things like that, and when it happens rarely enough to be justified as a simple 'human error'. Like, if someone writes a really big bunch of text, and there are a few errors and typos in it, it's completely understandable. But if someone writes three words, and substitutes one of those words with a word that wouldn't make any sense unless you read "forgivingly", it boggles the mind. What's happening to people and their writing ability?

I am sure 100 years ago most people who could write would never have made the "American Typos" that I see every day in youtube, ATS, IMDB, and other forums and discussion areas.

It goes so deep that a few ATS members even have such typos in their SIGNATURE. I mean, that's like a "permanent" thing that is displayed every time they write a post. So they are basically broadcasting their inability to write coherent english every time they post anything. And they don't notice OR they don't care, and I don't know which is scarier.

I can understand an error in a short post that you write once. But something that's more permanent, like text in a video (which you have plenty of time to double check), or a signature - that is very worrying.

Are native english speaking people naturally this dumb and arrogant, or have they been manipulated to become that way? I honestly don't know which scares me more. They don't even strive to write adequately (let alone well, let alone perfectly), they are almost PROUD of their complete lack of english-writing ability. We sure live in peculiar times..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Ok, your views are idiotic!

Not all the people on Ats use Engwish as their first language. Some use different versions of Engwish as I do. Some use English/english, some use USA/English, then there is Aussie/English, Chinese/Engwish.

But because you can speak it, it means that English is easy as. Possibly so.

You sir should complain less and stop using split infinitives.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join