It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War. Where are my spoils?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So, we got like 300 wars going on (give or take). Each one sold to the public by doing the right cause, liberate the oppressed, etc.
How often do we later (if not while in progress) realize it was more about corporate profit than any right and just cause
oil, pipelines, raw materials, no bid contracts, weapons trading....there is plenty of profit in war, just all going to a few interests.

So, heres my idea.

We demand to get a cut of the spoils...no more warm heart feelings of how we dismantled the rape camps and bands of raiders murdering farmers for fun...lets get in on the actual purpose of war and let the population benefit verses corporations.

Media: stop showing us the horrors of the current dictator (we probably helped get in there anyhow). Stop showing us the brave common citizen of waristan and how he is standing up to a brutal military with slingshots and spitballs..we are realizing it isn't about any of them.
Be honest.
Show us their museums..their gold caches, their oil fields...auction off a war like you would a diamond necklace..show us the cool stuff we get should we start launching the bombs.

Otherwise, ya..lets stop the wars..because having our military men and women going off to die in backwoods lands just so some corporate interests...let the nation feast off the spoils of war...I want a barrel of oil for every month we occupy a middle eastern nation! I want some art pieces from a palace in Syria, or a brick from big ben! (ya England, its payback time..and you got good stuff there!!!)

ok, rant over.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I seriously don't understand your viewpoint.
In my life riches are garnered through love and last forever.

On top of the gold, oil, artwork and whatever you deem "riches" would you like the heads of the children killed in war stuffed and mounted on your wall? That would be cool eh?

b

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
I seriously don't understand your viewpoint.
In my life riches are garnered through love and last forever.

On top of the gold, oil, artwork and whatever you deem "riches" would you like the heads of the children killed in war stuffed and mounted on your wall? That would be cool eh?

b

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You spoiling for more war?
Your spoil is you get to buy the gas at the pump.
That extra couple of bucks it costs right now?
Well that is the cost you incurred to pay for that war.
Your spoiled.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
You spoiling for more war?
Your spoil is you get to buy the gas at the pump.
That extra couple of bucks it costs right now?
Well that is the cost you incurred to pay for that war.
Your spoiled.

We have enough oil in our own country to supply ourselves for the next 100 years..The Dakotas, Colorado, have HUGE amounts of oil underneath them.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Since you are most likely American, and your country had been at war in the middle east for a good portion of the past 20 years, I would say the price of gas is your spoils.

Yes it may seem steep to you, but the rest of the civilized world pays much more for a gallon of gas.

This thread has some prices from various areas.

Europe seems to have it the worst.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

War is good for the economy.

Don't you see us booming, overflowing with riches and profit...
We went into to Iraq for the oil. Meanwhile China and Russia both got the lions shares when the New Iraqi Government awarded the two largest contracts.

We went into Afghanistan for OIL!

Meh..

They have no oil...

They do have supposedly over a few Trillion dollars in Rare Earth Minerals though.

WooT!

Meh...

China is tying those up I hear.

Yup, We are just rolling in the dough...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

They do have supposedly over a few Trillion dollars in Rare Earth Minerals though
reply to post by SLAYER69

My brother worked for a contracting company in Afghanistan for a year (dyncorp) and he said pretty much the same thing.
We have an agreement with the Chinese, our soldiers are there to protect Chinese miners, well that and the poppy fields of course.
He wasnt privy to the exact arrangement of the relationship, if theyre paying us or reducing our debt etc.. but he did say it was true, and that is what they mine, mostly.. (rare earth minerals)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The biggest lie for the last 12 years where are the spoils eh?

16 trillion dollar deficit seems to me that treasury would be filled but what is that?

It's not.

Where oh where is all that profit?

Oh could be paying for 150 million Americans on social programs to blind to see where that cash is coming from,

The biggest drain of this nation and it's economy is not war and it has never been war over 120 trillion reason's for anyone to see a nation where never before in this nation's history are there more people consuming the wealth of others than creating their own.

Now if those people were producing there own wealth and paying taxes instead of getting paid by taxes this country would look totally different.

But nevermind let's blame war for the church of climatology and the rampant anti corporate hacktavision that has led this nation off a cliff and scream and shout with glee.

Let's have another helping of cutting our own throats!!!!!

Yes We Can Go Forward with the same failed ideology and policy making that has led to the current state of the union!!!!!!

Yes People!
More!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

We have enough oil in our own country to supply ourselves for the next 100 years..The Dakotas, Colorado, have HUGE amounts of oil underneath them.

HUGE? HUGE LINK? I have heard that is HUGE BS too.
But lets say its twoo... then why all the blood and treasure spilt in the Middle East?
We're not there because of they grow better Brussel Sprouts. Its about the oil.
Sorry about the "your spoiled" part.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Want a link? Im sure you know how to use google

and here

People are so lazy. Theyd rather take the time to say "proof" or "link" than they would to look it up themselves..
Well, there I did half the work for you and it took all of .0.32 seconds each (according to google.)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SaturnFX

War is good for the economy.

Indeed it is
just not ours.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
Since you are most likely American, and your country had been at war in the middle east for a good portion of the past 20 years, I would say the price of gas is your spoils.

Yes it may seem steep to you, but the rest of the civilized world pays much more for a gallon of gas.

This thread has some prices from various areas.

Europe seems to have it the worst.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I lived over in the UK, I remember my first thought on the price of petrol was...just astonishment..and this was back in the late 90s. Was thinking how insane people would be in the states if they even reached half that price..

Yep.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by intrptr

Want a link? Im sure you know how to use google

and here

People are so lazy. Theyd rather take the time to say "proof" or "link" than they would to look it up themselves..
Well, there I did half the work for you and it took all of .0.32 seconds each (according to google.)

People just repeat what they have heard instead of looking into the subject a little more. Quoting "Billions of Barrles" of oil beneath America is misleading. It is a little more complex than that. Comparing how much is "reportedly" there is different from current and future estimates of actual production. So take the time to read this one (Mr.32 seconds search engineer) from your own provided goggle link.

www.theoildrum.com...

In the good areas of the Bakken, with higher porosity and lots of fracture permeability, the recovery might range as high as 5% to possibly 15%. Typically only a few areas, or "sweet spots," will have recovery this high. Outside the sweet spots, recoveries are likely to be much lower; the reservoir quality will deteriorate, with lower porosity, lower permeability, and fewer fractures, and/or thinner beds of reservoir rock. In these areas, recovery will probably be less than 5% of the oil in place, and in some areas less than 1%. Estimating recovery factor in shale reservoirs is more an art than a science; only after several years of production, and with very good data, can a reliable range of recovery be estimated.

This projection for how much recoverable oil was done by the USGS after all the hype in the news and blogs about how much is there. Big difference between the two. If you read it (it will take longer than .32 seconds) then you will know that a variety of factors contribute to actual production of the oil which down play the sensationalism first applied to the reported amounts in the deposit.

That would help to explain why we continue the vast expenditures we do to secure (steal), pump, pipeline, tanker and refine oil from overseas instead of 'drill baby drill' at home. Hmmm...?

edit on 23-5-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You know, I guess it depends on how you interpret what is said and what you want to believe. I said there were billions of barrels of oil, right under our feet and that is true.. Is the technology available to get it, well we are getting close.
Just a few years ago there were millions of cubic feet of Natural Gas that we couldnt get to, now there is a new operation in Texas called Eagle Ford that has brought tons of jobs and tons of NG to the State.

Here is an excerpt from a few days ago regarding a GAO probe into the shale oil reserves and how much couldn be recoverable.

Source

And Link to original document

“The Green River Formation--an assemblage of over 1,000 feet of sedimentary rocks that lie beneath parts of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming--contains the world's largest deposits of oil shale,”Anu K. Mittal, the GAO’s director of natural resources and environment said in written testimony submitted to the House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environment. “USGS estimates that the Green River Formation contains about 3 trillion barrels of oil, and about half of this may be recoverable, depending on available technology and economic conditions,” Mittal testified. “The Rand Corporation, a nonprofit research organization, estimates that 30 to 60 percent of the oil shale in the Green River Formation can be recovered,” Mittal told the subcommittee. “At the midpoint of this estimate, almost half of the 3 trillion barrels of oil would be recoverable. This is an amount about equal to the entire world's proven oil reserves.”

Take from it what you want. This report was made in 2010 but only released this month.

Not to Be Released Before 9:30 a.m. EDT Thursday, May 10, 2012

edit on 23-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

top topics

join