It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says she was fired for being 'too hot'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by alfa1

Oh my baby jesus.

This is why I never get excited for all these Hollywood models and actresses. The minute you remove their 5 layers of make up, lighting effects and airbrushing, you see the truth.

Blah.

The only truth I see is how some can be so quick to judge and hate, and have no real understanding or empathy for what this woman was put through.

May your karma come back at you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
It saddens me to see women not understanding the humiliation this woman was put through, and knocking her for how much makeup she wears.

Wearing a form-fitting sequined black dress and black leather, sequin-studded boots, Lauren Odes, 29, said her Orthodox Jewish employers at Native Intimates told her that outfit and others like it were "too hot" for the warehouse.

Fired For Being Too "Hot"

To be honest, I could care less how much makeup she does or doesn't wear. Doesn't common sense tell you that you dress differently for the workplace (and bear in mind that she was not a lingerie model) than you do for the club?

An employer certainly has the right to maintain a dress code. Evidently form-fitting dresses and leather, sequined boots weren't a part of it.

J

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
pfft, you can tape em down, id rather un-tape em
That's the beauty of a breast taper downer, you get to also untape them and watch them spring back to life when she's done doing her thang.

Not hers though, cuz shes kinda ugly.
I do not discriminate. Ugly gals need lovin' too.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

That's the beauty of a breast taper downer, you get to also untape them and watch them spring back to life when she's done doing her thang.

Hey, no way... Union rules say different.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

An employer certainly has the right to maintain a dress code. Evidently form-fitting dresses and leather, sequined boots weren't a part of it.

That doesn't explain the "you should tape your breasts down" comment.

Most dresses are form fitting . What is she supposed to wear, a loose fitting smock?

Wow, a few sequins on some boots, that really is pushing the edge on a dress code.

edit on 23-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by LadyJae

That doesn't explain the "you should tape your breasts down" comment.

Most dresses are form fitting . What is supposed to wear, a loose fitting smock?

Wow, a few sequins on some boots, that really is pushing the edge on a dress code.

She, herself, states she had been told to tone down her "fashion sense" before she was terminated.

Since neither of us were there, neither of us know exactly how "form-fitting" her clothes were nor what the boots looked like. Neither of us know exactly what was said or who said it. Or if anything untoward was said at all. It's all conjecture at this point.

The headline was designed to garner attention. It succeeded.

J

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the better wording would be that they found her to be too sexually revealing I suppose,
thinking she may turn on men too easily? I don't know. stupid society.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

You have stated some very good points....food for thought. I do care about the humiliation she went thru...(if she did)...I just don't know if all that is said about this situation is true. I should have more compassion...you are right...I will work on that...thanks for steering me in a better direction.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have stated some very good points....food for thought. I do care about the humiliation she went thru...(if she did)...I just don't know if all that is said about this situation is true. I should have more compassion...you are right...I will work on that...thanks for steering me in a better direction.

I am so happy to read this post, and kudos to you for acknowledging that perhaps you were a little hasty in your judgement.

I don't know if all of it is true, and am basing my opinion on the the assumption it is.

If it isn't, then I do hope the truth comes out, and she deals with the consequences of manipulating and fabrication.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hey, no way... Union rules say different.
I'm going to need to see that in writing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I prefer my women to be conservative with make up so I can admire their true beauty.

8 Layers of make-up is fabricated beauty, it is deception.

And please, don't ever speak on my karma. I know my karma, and I am in the process of balancing it fully. Thank you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Well I agree with you. I hate "phony".....just like men who wear toupees....I mean people wear all these "appliances (makeup, toupees, body shaping undergarments etc)....to attract a potential mate. Then sooner or later, if you find someone, things get intimate, and they will see the "real" you. It seems ridiculous and pointless. I wear makeup, but not to make myself look like something I'm not. When people do these things, it's like getting a beautifully wrapped Christmas present....you think it is going to be something really special....then you unwrap it, and there is a piece stale fruitcake inside LOL!

On topic....I do think it would have been embarrassing for her to have been told to tape her breasts if that is indeed true.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Seems like this thread has turned into an arena to discuss the shallow topic of how people look, with or without makeup, instead of the real issues that some face within their workplaces.

According to many, we shouldn't believe anything she says , and I guess there is a point to that.

Maybe we shouldn't believe much we read on here either, unless we have proof and verification.

Yep, its a world where the nuggets of truth are hidden under piles of BS , and everyone would do well to have a good shovel with them especially when on sites such as these.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Seems like this thread has turned into an arena to discuss the shallow topic of how people look, with or without makeup, instead of the real issues that some face within their workplaces.

According to many, we shouldn't believe anything she says , and I guess there is a point to that.

Maybe we shouldn't believe much we read on here either, unless we have proof and verification.

Yep, its a world where the nuggets of truth are hidden under piles of BS , and everyone would do well to have a good shovel with them especially when on sites such as these.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I agree with every post you have made...the point has been lost on whether she is hot or not, her make-up usage, her ego, publicity for a pay day....

No one is realizing the humility aspect...now, obviously no one really knows both sides of the story. Sure, she could be out for a pay day but, as far as I can tell, the employers are not disputing the fact that they put her in a robe and suggested that she TAPE HER BREASTS down.

No one else sees how wrong this is????

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join