It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman says she was fired for being 'too hot'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Im familiar with this. I myself havnt been able to hold down a job in years cos werever i have worked, all the ladies undergarments have spontaniously combusted. its a cross i must bear.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
She's not even that hot though.

agreed! I would hate to see the troll that fired her.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
She's not even that hot though.

Yeah, as if imagining yourself as such would make it true.
How did this become a news story?
Did all the Kardashians die?
If she wanted it to be believable they should've left out the pictures.

My headline would read:Skype refuses webcam service to man for being too ugly
edit on 23-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Pride comes before the fall !

Could you explain to me how the employee's pride came into this? (if that is what you were suggesting)

I don't see her calling herself "hot", only fighting a dismissal over allegedly being 'too hot" for the job, not to mention the embarrassment of being made to wear a robe over perfectly normal clothing at work.

C'mom..they asked her to tape down her breasts??

edit on 22-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure why everyone is honing in on you all of the sudden....you are exactly spot on with all of your points. She never claimed she was hot! Her employer told her she was too hot!

On top of that, they made her wear a robe around an outfit that was not inappropriate for her job. It's not as though she was parading around the workplace in the lingerie sold by the shop...jeez!

And, on top of that, they asked her to tape her breasts down? How humiliating!

The point is not whether this woman is hot or not...it is that she was fired and humiliated for not looking like her employer felt she should look like to work in a lingerie shop.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
not hot !!!! and shes almost 30!!

im gonna bet that shes a kook and that was the problem

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
She was seriously fired for being "too hot"?

I've dated better looking women than her.

The only thing hot about her was her big boobs.

So she got a boob job done with a pair of triple D's and expects to not get attention? More like she was fired for being a distraction. Can't fire all the other employees for staring at a pair of boobs that were made to get attention on purpose.

Now if you want to go blaming something go blame society for making women feel like they gotta have huge tits to be attractive and sexy just to get jobs. Too much emphasis in sexuality nowadays.

She probably got fired for knocking everything over and breaking it every time someone yelled her name.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Wearing a form-fitting sequined black dress and black leather, sequin-studded boots, Lauren Odes, 29, said her Orthodox Jewish employers at Native Intimates told her that outfit and others like it were "too hot" for the warehouse.

Fired For Being Too "Hot"

Perhaps she overemphasized her "hotness". Working in the warehouse is very different from modeling the lingerie.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I don't get it....she was fired from a LINGERIE company for being too HOT?

Isn't "hotness" a selling point for lingerie? That doen't even make sense.

I don't think she worked actually selling the lingerie, it was an office job.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

If you watch the video you will see what they told her was inappropriate office wear.

The 'try taping down" your breasts is what really got me.

Lauren Odes, 29, claims her supervisor at Native Intimates lingerie told her she was "just too hot for this office," just days after she was hired in Manhattan, New York, on April 24, KTLA reports. The New Jersey resident, who was hired as a data entry temp, claims management told her she should wear her boyfriend's T-shirt and sweat pants.

But Ms Odes alleges when she changed her attire it was not enough, and her supervisor then told her: "Lauren, try taping down your breasts to make them appear smaller." Ms Odes only worked at the company for one week before she was fired. Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Ms Odes said: "When I was first told that I was told I was 'too hot' and that my breasts were too large I was shocked, I thought I was dressed appropriately for my job." Ms Odes claimed management made her wear a bright red bathrobe to hide her figure.

Someone suggested that she may be doing all this for publicity, and she is lying. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is, though that isn't always an indication of actual truth and motivation.

If it is all true then this woman was wrongfully dismissed , in my opinion, and I understand why she chose Gloria Allred as her attorney.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
She really needs to grow up and stop whining, at least she was able to get a job. I'm so hot that nobody will even hire me but somehow her story is more important. Why, because she was able to afford breasts implants? Maybe if I wasn't so hot and could actually get hired at a job I could afford breast enhancement as well...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I think she is a very average looking young woman who wears too much makeup...I think she is seeking and getting now her 15 minutes of fame...and I also think she will profit off of it any way she can.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm glad they didn't have that rule where I work. I wouldn't have been hired. Matter of fact, they wouldn't have even handed me an application. They'd be like, "There's no use in you having this. You're too damn hot."

And I'd be like, " But this is McDonald's...."
edit on 23-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Oh my baby jesus.

This is why I never get excited for all these Hollywood models and actresses. The minute you remove their 5 layers of make up, lighting effects and airbrushing, you see the truth.

Blah.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lol, that's most likely hot when you're drunk.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Whether you think she,s. " hot " or not, surely this is an ass et (!) working in a lingerie store ? More likely jealousy from less well endowed colleagues ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't get it, wouldn't you want hot women working at your lingerie store? I would,
you would sell more i would think.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And here I thought everyone loves tig ole bitties...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've seen hotter chicks working at Applebee's.
If the employer did ask her to tape down her breasts that is kind of messed up and something should be done about it. People are strange.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
If the employer did ask her to tape down her breasts that is kind of messed up and something should be done about it. People are strange.
I missed my calling. I should have been a breast taper downer.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by llmacgregor
I missed my calling. I should have been a breast taper downer.

pfft, you can tape em down, id rather un-tape em

Not hers though, cuz shes kinda ugly.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by alfa1

I think she is a very average looking young woman who wears too much makeup...I think she is seeking and getting now her 15 minutes of fame...and I also think she will profit off of it any way she can.

What she looks like with or without makeup is NOT the issue.

It saddens me to see women not understanding the humiliation this woman was put through, and knocking her for how much makeup she wears.

Honestly, if this was your cousin, would you not be supportive?

Because someone had a legit reason to file a lawsuit, all of a sudden she wants her 15 minutes and is all about the money. Her attorney is known for fighting for the rights of women , which is why I think she was chosen.

Really baffled by the the catty remarks on this thread, especially from women.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join