It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing with Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is a reason teachers/guides choose their students rather than the other way around. Some want to believe that religion does not or should not come into play while attemting to connect with what is normally defined as the supernatural. Yet, it must, and it does.

What does religion teach and why does it teach these things?

Religion teaches balance, it teaches dicipline, it teaches man to control his will, to control his baser self, and a self purification process. These things are of the utmost importance, because what controls you, should always be you.

Also, it teaches to find yourself, your soul. The journey to seeing your soul is very important, because this shows you more about you than you ever wanted to know. This should be done after you have full control of self and every aspect thereof. Never before, because here you make choices, and you need rational thought and mind for these choices.

The why happenes when man comes to the stage of finding a guide, if what is in your heart is malevolent, your guide will be malevolent, if you are pure, the guide will be beneficent. This is important to know. No matter how 'good' you believe yourself to be, trust me, you are a far cry from your own opinion of yourself. Everyone is. We all have evil in us, it is a matter if we can control it, and rid ourselves of it, or if we allow it free reign in our hearts and minds,

As one teacher wisely stated: "Know my dear noble son, that this serious question leads to one of the greatest secrets of the heart that the simple curious should never discover. For their undertanding depends on the unveiling of the heart from which only the Lords of these hearts can profit.... My son, grasp the true value of unveiling the secrets of the heart... and hide them from those who are not worthy."

Not everyone will find something beneficent, even if it appears this way at first sight.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Congratulations on your first thread! Now, how do you know all this? This sounds kind of like a pronouncement. What do you expect from this thread? Good luck.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Congratulations on your first thread! Now, how do you know all this?

Thank you.

Experience.

This sounds kind of like a pronouncement. What do you expect from this thread? Good luck.

possibly.

I hold no expectations, educational purposes only.

thank you again
edit on 22-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Excellent. Simply the truth. Nice job man. That op is absolutely awesome.
I understand what you are saying but what about the part of you that cannot tell a lie? That part of you that wants to tell the truth? deafened ears does not guarantee silence.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Excellent. Simply the truth. Nice job man. That op is absolutely awesome.
I understand what you are saying but what about the part of you that cannot tell a lie? That part of you that wants to tell the truth? deafened ears does not guarantee silence.

a person need not lie, it is only that not everything can be spoken. The part that wants to speak, can be controlled. (Most of the time anyway
)

Thank you also for the compliment.
edit on 22-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The student if they are astute, must also choose what they would learn with their eyes open.To measure values to weigh ones soul is quite beyond us mere mortals.Some would throw circled pentagrams,the lesser keys of solomon or perhaps a grimoire untitled with entities and powers to alter the tenants of reality itself but for what,the acquisition of treasure? Power to control others?These are worthless compared to the true knowledge of one's self. what we REALLY are, I'm guessing infinity.But I'm stuck in this busted meat bag until the next world or ,dare I hope, a paradigm shift.Until then I'll try to let my higher instincts speak to my overly thick skull and do what is right to me,anger and all.

top topics

join