It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue screen galore! D<

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

The one they have on the site is actually older than the version that I have now.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

You can rule that out then i suppose.. If that blue screen stays up long enough, try to read whats causing the problem.
Also you can check out this site here, may be of some use.

source

BlueScreenView is a small, freeware and portable application that scans all of the minidump files that are created when Windows experiences a “Blue Screen of Death”. It will display the information about all the crashes in one table with the minidump filename, the time and date of the crash, basic information about the crash (as in the BSOD message) and the driver or module that possibly caused the crash. The main benefit of using BlueScreenView over other minidump reading applications is that it does not require the Microsoft debugging tools (which are 16 – 225mb in itself) which makes this application small, quick and portable. This tool is definitely worth having in your kit to track down the cause of BSOD’s.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm going to try that and I also shot an email to a friend of mine that used to work as an IT person. I'm thinking it's plausible if could be a heating issue though? It's gotten pretty warm up here and all my laptop has to sit on is a wooden stool. It has been VERY hot before and hasn't crashed or blue screened though... It's just the many start up attempts after the crashes that has me thinking.. The first time the blue screen popped up, it was only for half a second before the computer shut off. The second time, it lingered but I still wouldn't have had enough time to get a record but I will try if it happens again.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I received information on the crash from earlier. If I post all of the coding and things here, would you be able to figure it out for me? I'm not good with this kind of thing. I'll try to link to a screenshot below. I'm only including what showed up in red because that's probably what caused it, correct?

i46.tinypic.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The fltmgr.sys bsod is well known...Try downloading CCleaner
You can also try windows repair, just hit F8 as you boot and choose repair windows.

Check out this win7 forum as well..useful info there.

link
edit on 22-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I used CCleaner and went straight to registry. There was a looooong list of issues so I had it fix them all and I don't know if that'll make a difference but we'll see. I also have the laptop off of the desk enough for the vents to be mostly uncovered and have a small fan blowing up onto the laptop from below until I can get a cooling station. Also: What was described on that forum was EXACTLY what happened those two times. I was playing the game or on youtube and the sound started to go out to this really just... Skipping grinding sound through my headphones and then the bsod would pop up. I tried to look to see if the game is compatible, but it was no on the list of games on the website given later. Also, if it were a gaming issue, why would youtube make my computer flip out as well? Could I have a video card in need of replacement?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Could I have a video card in need of replacement?

Not from what ive read on the matter. In any case, a laptop has a video chip, not a card. It is soldered on to the MB and not so easily replaced (or cheap)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Okay, well I'll have to update back here then if it BSOD's on me again with the new dmp file. Thanks for all of the help so far and I hope that CCleaner actually did something. >.< This has been scaring me because if something really serious were to happen to this laptop, I wouldn't have a school laptop because I can't afford to buy another.

EDIT: I also noticed I was having problems with ntoskrnl.exe, what does that mean exactly and what should be done?
edit on 23-5-2012 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join