Tree of Life and Tree of Knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

This is too anti-religious for me to even care about responding.

People, I don't care about your ideas. This thread was to discuss MY IDEA. Lets try to keep ATS and different ideas ORGANIZED here.

wtf, are you serious? What a joke....

3 dimensional representation of DNA would be referred to as the Tree of Life.

yeah, that's real on par with what religion says is the correct interpretation of the word, right?

Too anti-religious? You are joking right?

It's hilarious, I bring up the evolution of consciousness and communication, and you tell me it's too anti-religious... while you entertain the idea that the Tree of Life is DNA...

What is the most epic part in all of this, is that I actually... partially agree with the notion that you presented, just not fully. I think it's too direct of a concept, and that a lowered threshold in conceptual metaphors is at play. Remember, that when these writings were made, the knowledge threshold was much different than today's. This is not to say that the knowledge of the past was completely inferior to ours today, just with strengths in different areas...

From reading much of what you have said, it's apparent that you have next to no idea about anything that you speak of. I implore you to 'step your game up' for this elementary explanation does not suit nor fit well with the genius that is to claim Authorship to such texts.

simply put...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Crabmeat

You're reifying. Do you honestly expect to get away with that? Should everyone reading this thread simply accept that the Good and Evil part was added later simply because you say so?

Gordon and Rendsburg[3] have suggested that the phrase "טוֹב וָרָע", translated good and evil, is a merism, i.e. a figure of speech whereby a pair of opposites are used together to create the meaning all or everything (as in the English phrase, "they searched high and low", meaning that they searched everywhere). They conjecture, therefore that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil means tree of all knowledge. This meaning can be brought out by the alternative translations tree of the knowledge of good and of evil (the word of not being expressed in the Hebrew) or tree of knowledge, both good and evil. The phrase occurs twice as applied to the tree, Genesis 2:9, Genesis 2:17. It also occurs twice as describing the knowledge gained Genesis 3:5 and Genesis 3:22 where it may be translated perhaps with knowledge, both good and evil.

en.wikipedia.org...

In this study I would like to study the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, that was found in Gan Eden. This is the tree that HaShem commanded Adam and Chava not to eat. Bere# (Genesis) 2:16-17 And HaShem God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

When Adam and Chava ate from this tree they crashed the world. Most are aware that Adam and Chava required clothes after they ate, but most do not realize the profound ramifications of this sin that have reverberated through all of time. In this paper we will explore some of these ramifications. Mixing Good and Evil

The tree of the knowledge (daat) of good and evil contained fruit that was a mixture of good and evil. If this idea was present in a human being, we would call this situation: Doubt. Thus we have the tree of doubt, the tree with an admixture of good and evil. To understand this admixture we must understand the state of Adam HaRishon as he was before the sin. The state of Adam HaRishon before the sin was quite different from the state we find ourselves in today.

www.betemunah.org...

IN PART I, WE ESTABLISHED THAT THE STORY of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was actually part of the greater narrative of Berei# 2:4 - 3:21. An analysis of the story of the Tree, as such, must include an investigation of this entire section of the Torah. In Part II, we began this investigation by looking at the first verse of this section. We determined that this portion of the Torah is not simply a further portrait of creation but, rather, is the description of the conception and definition of a very specific part of creation - that of the moral universe. It is within these verses that we are to find the purpose of man - how G-d left potential in His creation for man to affect creation, thereby to perfect the world and, specifically, himself.

www.nishma.org...

Look at all these poor ignorant fools who lack the special knowledge you do! Of course, I suppose you didn't read past the first sentence, so you'll remain ignorant of all those poor ignorant fools who lack the special knowledge you have.

I feel your pain...

IGNORANCE

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

All those references delve into the in between the lines of the historical story that Genesis is. There are many moral understandings derived from Torah, which are constantly evolving due to oral tradition.

When you look for these secret meanings in the story then the Tree of Knowledge becomes the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, as in almost every deciphering of it's meaning deals with sin, and acquisition of knowledge that separates good and evil.

I'm not reifying. I simply see Genesis as more than just an abstraction to teach us (mankind) about ourselves.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I did not say that and you know it. HUMANITY in one form or another has been around at least 4 to 5 MILLION YEARS. I NEVER SAID HOMOSAPIENS. That is you not reading. Split Infinity

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is straying off topic and heading down the flame tunnel, something I won't descend down.

Respond to the OP kindly and I'll try to respond to what your comment is.

Keep in mind it's just an idea, a proposal.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

"on that day you shall surely perish"

You play at words here when there are clearly many interpretations. You went with King James here.

On that day the curse of death was upon them and they died.

You can look at it backwards, read it backwards, say it's written backwards even say it backwards But when you simply read it ? Well you said yourself the serpent manipulates ? Well ya! By lying ! Hello.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

The Serpent which 'coerces' Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, informed her that not only would she not die as God said she would by eating of it's fruits, but she would become Godlike herself.

Informed her, or lied to her. Did they not die ?
not physically IN THAT DAY (as the local Authoritarian threatened), but spiritually YES

Did they become Godlike ?
Insofar as 'knowing good and evil' as the Elohim did, YES, and we actually have a quote of them saying so: "Behold, they have become as one of us, knowing good and evil." but Godlike in the sense of being like the Source of Life? No. The Elohim are NOT the source of life and Adam and Havah actually became LESS like the real Creator through their acceptance of the ego-virus.

To suggest only that the serpent informed her is misleading.
To interpret the incident as being possible to understand from a dualistic perspective is even more misleading.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Insofar as 'knowing good and evil' as the Elohim did, YES, and we actually have a quote of them saying so: "Behold, they have become as one of us, knowing good and evil." but Godlike in the sense of being like the Source of Life? No. The Elohim are NOT the source of life and Adam and Havah actually became LESS like the real Creator through their acceptance of the ego-virus.

K.
First of all To ask the question " Did they become Godlike ? " Was nefarious as a question because in no Bible anywhere does it proclaim the serpent said they would become Godlike. It says " You will become like God ! "

So did they become like God ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It actually didn't say anything about becoming like God or becoming God like. When the serpent suggest to Eve to eat from the tree she responds with how God commanded her not to, and that she would die if she did, affirming the quoted command God gave her. The Serpent meerly refutes what God said.

Sort of like this:

E: God said if I eat from the tree that I'll die on that day.
S: You will not die on that day.

Oral tradition says that the Serpent climbed the tree and touched the fruit to show Eve that it was safe, but there's no documented verse (evidence) of that. It's simply oral tradition, something that I've actually heard quite recently while divulging my theory about the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge to a local rabbi.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Crabmeat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join