It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an unseen planet skirting edge of our solar system?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

A little info on Mr. Roodny Gomes and his research...

Gomes speculates that the mystery object could be a rogue planet that was kicked out of its own star system and later captured by the sun's gravity. (See "'Nomad' Planets More Common Than Thought, May Orbit Black Holes.")

Or the putative planet could have formed closer to our sun, only to be cast outward by gravitational encounters with other planets. However, actually finding such a world would be a challenge. To begin with, the planet might be pretty dim. Also, Gomes's simulations don't give astronomers any clue as to where to point their telescopes—"it can be anywhere," he said.

No Smoking Gun

Other astronomers are intrigued but say they'll want a lot more proof before they're willing to agree that the solar system—again—has nine planets. (Also see "Record Nine-Planet Star System Discovered?") "Obviously, finding another planet in the solar system is a big deal," said Rory Barnes, an astronomer at the University of Washington.

But, he added, "I don't think he really has any evidence that suggests it is out there." Instead, he added, Gomes "has laid out a way to determine how such a planet could sculpt parts of our solar system. So while, yes, the evidence doesn't exist yet, I thought the bigger point was that he showed us that there are ways to find that evidence."

Douglas Hamilton, an astronomer from the University of Maryland, agrees that the new findings are far from definitive. "What he showed in his probability arguments is that it's slightly more likely. He doesn't have a smoking gun yet." And Hal Levison, an astronomer at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, says he isn't sure what to make of Gomes's finding. "It seems surprising to me that a [solar] companion as small as Neptune could have the effect he sees," Levison said.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Not sure I got the part about the Vatican and whatever maybe having seen it. Why would anyone hide knowledge of a new planet in the outer Solar System anyway? They would not.

They have more clawing to do with the media and manipulation of governments who feed the masses. Truth is more entertaining than fiction at times, not using terror to create a new kind of society. Godlike that book Hiram's key may decipher a level of understanding. As long as he was Republican and voted for Bush and the. And probably the two are connected I believe that you are inside of prison, maybe because there is a secret government they would hide knowledge, keep us in limbo. this Planet.
edit on 23-5-2012 by MarkScheppy because: ag

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Actually its just the result of computer models, not an actual sighting, and (just so you know) its already been done to death in at least two other threads here.

And if it is what I think it is they most likely never will. If it is a chuck of dwarf star matter or neutron star matter it could have the mass and gravity of a planet but be only a few feet wide. Like trying to find a basketball floating in space. This would explain the gravity data and the orbital data of the outer planets and at the same time explain why there is no visual proof as of yet.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Who cares? What's your point?

I'm going on:
Robert Harrington + Sumerian text + Odd behavior of all planets/Sun + the latest MSM reporting.

I don't care who authored this or what they used as their basis. It means nothing.

Bottom line, Planet X is real
I don't care if Daffy Duck wrote a 1000-page exposé on this... and neither should you!

edit on 23-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

I'm going on:
Robert Harrington + Sumerian text + Odd behavior of all planets/Sun + the latest MSM reporting.

I don't care who authored this or what they used as their basis. It means nothing.

Bottom line, Planet X is real
I don't care if Daffy Duck wrote a 1000-page exposé on this... and neither should you!

edit on 23-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

A deceased astronomer who was courted by Zecharia Sitchin + a text in an ancient language that you have personally translated? + What odd behavior of the sun and planets are you talking about? Could you please be specific? + plus a report by the MSM on a theoretical computer model

Bottom line, we don't KNOW if it's real or not, and if it is, where it is. You might believe its there, and I'm happy for your faith in something. Just keep in mind what you believe and what is fact are two different things.

BTW - Daffy Duck wouldn't write a 1000-page exposé on this. He'd be busy writing books about the coming of Niburu, and raking in the cash, while rubbing his hands gleefully, thinking "Suckers!" .......if you'd watched enough Bugs Bunny, you'd know that.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
BTW - Daffy Duck wouldn't write a 1000-page exposé on this. He'd be busy writing books about the coming of Niburu, and raking in the cash, while rubbing his hands gleefully, thinking "Suckers!" .......if you'd watched enough Bugs Bunny, you'd know that.

Yeah? Well if either of you knew anything about the manipulation that is orchestrated through animated series you would then know that Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny don't amount to anything other than more mindless drivel.

Who you need to listen to is Mickey Mouse and the rest of his club. They are based on everything that you two are discussing. Try watching old, and new clips of them on the internet from recent and back in the day. The masters of puppets throw in the Warner Brothers diversion in order to hide the chokehold that Disney has on all of this. Disney bows down to the altar of Saturn, the one and only true Pagan God.

Wake up brothers, and stop falling into their divisionist tactics. Instead, stand and fight together. Educating ourselves is our greatest weapon. Not this everyday he said, she said game of bs. Bugs bunny, Daffy Duck? LMAO! What, the little Alien dude in the Roman helmet? Come on, that should tell you both alot. ~$heopleNation
edit on 23-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Heheheh, sorry SheopleNation, I'm going to have to disagree, and I redact what I said about Daffy Duck.

I forgot: Warner Brothers and Daffy Duck have really and truly found Planet X YEARS ago!

How could I have forgotten?

"Now then my eager young space cadet! Here is the course we will pursue to find Planet X. Starting from where we are, we go 33,600 turbo miles due up. Then west in an astro-arc deviation to here, then following the great circle seven radiolubes south by downeast. By astro-astroble to here, here, and here, then by space navigo-compass to here, here, and then to here and here. By thirteen point strato-cumulus bearing four million light-years, and thus to our destination."

Ooops. We're drifting of topic and the mods are going to come get us.....in my defense, this thread IS about Planet X, right???

edit on 23-5-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Is he not the one that has the models suggesting the planet is out there?

Did you not post this in your OP....

The claim comes from Rodney Gomes, a noted astronomer at the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro. Gomes presented his recently completed computer models suggesting the existence of the distant planet at a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Timberline Lodge, Ore., earlier this month.

You are the one who started the thread using this individual with your source so why would I not post something about him?

That's my point......

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Its pretty simple. When the Main Stream Media starts throwing out "4 times the size" and throwing out "Gas Giant/Star" it pretty much means there is some kind of Proof.

The question is, if it took 30 years just to reach "a long way from Pluto" how long will this thing actually take until it Collides with Earth....Probably 100,000 years. That was a guess.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Here are the other threads:

Started May 14th: www.abovetopsecret.com... it's 10 pages long.

Please post your thought in the above linked thread.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join