Obama aides gave classified information on bin Laden raid for film, watchdog says

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Judicial Watch claims the secrets were provided for a film on the bin Laden raid that was first scheduled to be released Oct. 12, just in time to boost the president's image shortly before the November elections. Sony Pictures has since pushed the release back to December.



According to the documents, the filmmakers were granted access to a Navy SEAL captain who was the "planner, operator and commander of SEAL Team Six," which killed bin Laden. In one memo one of the filmmakers says he had a "good meeting with Brennan and McDonough" and says "they were forward leaning, sharing their point of view on command and control."


Obama aiides gave classified info on bin Laden raid for film

This will surely stir the pot. Do you think this will help Obama? I wonder if any of these people who released this information will face any charges. It sounds to me that they were allowed to give up the information, but weren't supposed to let the media know. What do you guys think? Is there anything to this?




posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First of all, the raid never took place, so whatever the producers got is propaganda, and false.

No worries.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
First of all, the raid never took place, so whatever the producers got is propaganda, and false.

No worries.


Hahaha! Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Well I guess it is a non-issue.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Jeopardize national security just to smooze with Hollywood.

Get this idiot out of the White House.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Remember the brouhaha over the alleged outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame?

Isn't outing a Seal Team 6 Commander a little more serious than outing a mid-level CIA agent?

Where is the outrage at the Obama administration? Oh, wait, never mind....it's the Obama Administration. Another Free Pass just like "Fast and Furious".



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No big deal if Obama or someone else with authority declassified it, or gave authority for classified information to be viewed by some individuals. The President does have that prerogative, as do many in the intelligence and defense apparatuses. It's not illegal to do this.

Based on the article the one thing they were asked to avoid was naming the SEAL officer who they were speaking to. The Dept. of Defense works with filmmakers all the time on films, and has at least since World War II. "Top Gun" is one example, they had access to the carriers and the actual Top Gun school and the planes for the film (all of the flying scenes were real). Much more recently "Battleship" was made with extensive Dept. of Defense assistance.

DoD loves this stuff when it presents the military in a good light. They're all too happy to let Hollywood make them look like heroes. Is it propaganda? Sure, but it's certainly not illegal.
edit on 5/22/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Remember the brouhaha over the alleged outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame?

Isn't outing a Seal Team 6 Commander a little more serious than outing a mid-level CIA agent?

Where is the outrage at the Obama administration? Oh, wait, never mind....it's the Obama Administration. Another Free Pass just like "Fast and Furious".

I don't see where they outed the SEAL commander. Certainly doesn't say that in the MSNBC article, just that they were asked not to.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath
 


Nitpicker here.
You said:

"(all of the flying scenes were real)"
No, they were not all real.
The early on upside-down confrontation with the Mig was not real nor was the flame out business that cooked the Goose.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
No big deal if Obama or someone else with authority declassified it, or gave authority for classified information to be viewed by some individuals. The President does have that prerogative, as do many in the intelligence and defense apparatuses. It's not illegal to do this.

Based on the article the one thing they were asked to avoid was naming the SEAL officer who they were speaking to. The Dept. of Defense works with filmmakers all the time on films, and has at least since World War II. "Top Gun" is one example, they had access to the carriers and the actual Top Gun school and the planes for the film (all of the flying scenes were real). Much more recently "Battleship" was made with extensive Dept. of Defense assistance.

DoD loves this stuff when it presents the military in a good light. They're all too happy to let Hollywood make them look like heroes. Is it propaganda? Sure, but it's certainly not illegal.
edit on 5/22/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)



Yet the US NAVY rejected the movie Avengers cause it was "unrealistic" LOL



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

King has released a December letter from the Pentagon saying that the inspector general's office covering intelligence matters "will address actions taken by Department of Defense personnel related to the release of information to the filmmakers."


Here is a follow up story.

Too much released?





new topics
top topics
 
3

log in

join