It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't we all sheeple?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Let me first start by saying I hate the term sheeple....it give me the impression of the user being very smug. The title was to prove a point that regardless of what side you may be on we are all followers in one way or another. If you are on this website than your loyalty falls within the views of such topics as UFO's, NWO, Reptilians living within the earth, ghosts or paranormal activity, Remote Viewing, or any other esoteric belief.

Those who refer to the masses as sheeple refer to those folks as what I percieve to be followers or folks blindly being led without question. I would say that folks that fall into any of the other categories that I listed earlier can also be considered sheeple as they too support without question or evidence subject matter to which the other side would call crazy. Just look at the stars and flags for articles which people on this site very seldom search for facts. We star and flag videos of ufo's that in most accounts are easily explainable but due to our willingness to want to believe we get all antsi in the pantsi and star and flag away. I would like to reference one post that showed an astronaut in a space station workign on a computer with a ufo wallpaper. Some folks immediately assumed that it was a real ufo and was proof and star and flagged it when in fact it was just the wallpaper background on a computer.

Those who believe 911 happened are considered by some on here as the sheeple however I would argue the 911 truthers are also sheeple. One could make the argument that the truthers search for evidence to disprove such events as 911 but I would say the folks that believe 911 happened are satisfied with the evidence provided. I guess sheeple can be viewed within the same realm as a democrat, republican or independent, truther or occupier as in most cases allegiance is unwaivering regardless of the facts presented or simply missing. Just a thought that has been bothering me since coming on to ATS but maybe I'm off...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sheeple follow the MSM and official stories without questioning. The fact that you question means that you are not of the sheeple.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm a Shepard... I can't be a sheeple!

Yes, we could say we are sheeples, unless we decide to do the hardest thing of all; that is standing up for your own belief and not siding with a party or another. But it gets lonely, so you better be prepared.

If it is true there are two sides to a coin, the fringe linking the two parts is thin, not much place for many.

I call it equilibrium. Hard but rewarding.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

So folks on this site that follow blindly by starring and flagging articles without little or no questioning can also be considered sheeple...that's my point..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

LOL i to saw that space station thread regarding aliens it took me seconds to debunk it, then the believers screamed sheeple towards me ooh how i laughed on the floor in stitches i split my sides .

Alot of people wont believe the facts and then scream at you saying - "you do not think outside the box".
Well i clearly am because i went with logic first and used my noodle to debunk it and accept it was just a image on his laptop. I say always go first with facts . P.S do not pay attention to charlatans as they only twist things in their favour to make more money out of you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I hate it when people blindly argue a case with no proof, no evidence, and no logical reasoning. These are the people I would classify as "sheeple", when they believe something just because they read it. The type of people that do this are also impossible to reason with, they tend to ignore everything you say and imply that you're stupid and need to "wake up". A good example of this is a guy that was arguing about the NWO with me yesterday, he refused to listen to any logical argument I made and couldn't show me even a hint of proof, but the thing that got me is how unwilling he was to see things from another point of view and even consider the possibility that he may be wrong. When people act like this based on something they've been told or read, they are "sheeple". Can't think for themselves.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I hate it when people blindly argue a case with no proof, no evidence, and no logical reasoning. These are the people I would classify as "sheeple", when they believe something just because they read it. The type of people that do this are also impossible to reason with, they tend to ignore everything you say and imply that you're stupid and need to "wake up". A good example of this is a guy that was arguing about the NWO with me yesterday, he refused to listen to any logical argument I made and couldn't show me even a hint of proof, but the thing that got me is how unwilling he was to see things from another point of view and even consider the possibility that he may be wrong. When people act like this based on something they've been told or read, they are "sheeple". Can't think for themselves.
You got that right! i have someone who thinks the entire space program is a massive deception .a STAR TO YOU SIR!. what makes me laugh is they get angry and say " you do not think outside of the box" or they call you" SHEEPLE"! . I know alot of truths and put it this way the charlatans like icke who i used to live near by the way, von danniken who has been debunked and found out to be a liar , richie hoagland a fraud also a liar, I can tell you now people alex jones is a charlatan fact but i cannot go into it now. What is wrong with these people who have no facts but scream at you for not opening your mind when they get confronted with facts wtf....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I hate it when people blindly argue a case with no proof, no evidence, and no logical reasoning. These are the people I would classify as "sheeple", when they believe something just because they read it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Old Army saying that I agree with...
"It is better to live one day as a lion, than 100 years as a Sheep"

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes, we are all sheeple. Some of the sheep just follow a different sheppard. Those that use the term "sheep" or "sheeple" are just a guilty of blindly following their beliefs, but fail to realize it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

That's pretty good....I'm going to use that...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
After watching the show Head Games on the previous Sunday night, I'd have to say conformity is a very powerful force to be reckoned with, and people are far more susceptible to suggestion than one would think.

In one startling segment, they showed one of their actors just staring up at a tree. Nobody responded. Then they got three more actors to start staring up at a tree because they say four is the magic number. Some people did come over to start looking up at the tree and they asked what was going on. So the actor stated that he was looking at a snake in the tree. Of course, there was none. However, the people who came over started stating that they saw the snake even though there really was none in the tree.

So muse on that for a while. You really could be conforming, maybe not to the larger main social group, but you could actually be conforming to the group you're with, and may not even know it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Sheople is, Sheople does.

Oh and uh, it's Sheople, not Sheeple. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No, not everyone is as mediocre as yourself. Please don't think that way -- it is completely unproductive. Try to improve!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
when someone calls someone a sheeple it does not mean they think their smarter than others so don't get it twisted it just means they can clearly see entertainment and money along with material things is affecting their minds that they don't want to except reality and just want to keep thinking this illusion will last forever...sorry to bust your bubble we all let this crazy greediness in our lives and so history is repeating all over but yet sheeple still ignore and allow it to keep on going on by holding on to bull# gossip of the illusion and staying silent and just accepting our loved ones dying of cancer allowing the wars to keep on going as long as it's not effecting their happiness....you people really got to be idiots to think the white trails covering our sky is normal and that won't effect our immune system

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

when someone calls someone a sheeple it does not mean they think their smarter than others so don't get it twisted it just means they can clearly see entertainment and money along with material things is affecting their minds that they don't want to except reality and just want to keep thinking this illusion will last forever...sorry to bust your bubble we all let this crazy greediness in our lives and so history is repeating all over but yet sheeple still ignore and allow it to keep on going on by holding on to bull# gossip of the illusion and staying silent and just accepting our loved ones dying of cancer allowing the wars to keep on going as long as it's not effecting their happiness....you people really got to be idiots to think the white trails covering our sky is normal and that won't effect our immune system

new topics

top topics

join