Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

When I was young

page: 1

join

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
when I was young a lot of strange things happened and they are kind of hard to explain. Kind of like I left residual energies all around. Friends and family would see me in places that I wasnt (woods, house, garage, etc). they would go to find me and no one would be there and they would tell me this and wouldnt believe me until they had found out I was miles away. My parents and aunt would hear me calling their names all the time just to realize I wasnt in the room they heard me calling from but rather outside or at the store. This still happens from time to time people call my parents to find out if I'm living back in the state I grew up in just to find out I havent been back in years. Has anyone ever heard of this it doesnt happen frequently like it used to but I dont know what to think. My cousin just called me and told me he saw me over at my grandparents old house and thats 10 hours away. He thought I came to visit and hadnt called him yet. Is there a name for this?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Do a search on 'doppleganger'. Not uncommon, my sister saw one of me wearing a "blood red" sweater once leaning on the doorframe to my room, freaked her out as I only left the room for a few minutes to use the bathroom.
I've had friends and relatives with similar experiences, though not often as you seem to have them. Spooky stuff.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I haven't had any experiences like this.

Sounds intriguing, though.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hi. I've never heard of this before, so will gladly step aside to read the thread as it grows. I can only imagine how unnerving this must be.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of Walt from Lost. I'm rewatching the series for the third time on netflix so it is fresh in my mind!

Other than that, I'm not sure I've heard of people experiencing this.
When people claim to have seen you, do you notice any subtle differences in your own reality at all? Do you feel anything...see anything?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Wow that sounds very similar but I have never had one in an ominous sense they have all seemed to be inconsequential just weird I knew of doppelgangers but not in this sense just in a look alike sense. Strange as it is I think this may very well be what I and others have experienced thanks. I wonder what it means though because the symbolism of it has not been incorporated into the experiences.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

No only once I was in lying in snow meditating and felt a deep spiritual peace but that was only one time and my aunt heard me screaming her name from a room in her house and tripped the hell out. She called my parents thinking it was a sign that I was in danger

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Due to a birth defect, I have a very distinct style of walking. People have sworn that they saw me walking down the street, etc, same walk, same height, hair color, face, clothing style. Mostly when I was younger too. Also, people who I meet for the first time will swear they've met me before. Thanks for sharing your story! It's nice to know I'm not the only one... Might have to do some research.

top topics

join