It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Freedom: What's Your Price?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by OpinionatedB

There are no absolutes, because everything is perceived. And in all perceived matters, reality is subjective. When reality is subjective, there is no pure truth, because the concept is also determined by its surroundings or the small interactions leading up to it. And since everyone sees it slightly differently, the actual concept is subjective in the minds of those who behold it.

Therefore, there are no absolutes, so long as the observers are varied.

I would disagree, I believe the absolutes are fixed and it is only our perception that causes us not to see in these absolutes, if our perception were to change, we could easily see them.

It is all in how you turn your head to look

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by OpinionatedB

If you are referring to me, I argue because arguments are proactive questions. Never stop questioning, or you will never find the answers you seek.

The moment you cease to inquire into the world in which you live, is the moment in which your quest for knowledge will end.

no, i was not refering to you personally... general statement of fact.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"The kingdom of heaven is like a wise merchant, who, after travelling the whole world over in search of a fine pearl at last finds it, and in finding it, sells everything he owns to have that pearl."

It (freedom) exists, and it's gettable, but you're right, for almost all of us, the price required is just too great, but then again... if you ever found it..! Hmph, interesting. That Jesus he was a very smart cookie. Too bad it's taken us 2000 years to understand what he was talking about!

The saying actually involved a wealthy merchant, but I think this perfectly describes the type of sacrifice required to realize liberation/absolute freedom. Everything has to go, all attachments, preconceived biases, conceptions, and judgements, and what's left is an eternal freedom aka kingdom of heaven, realized. When you have it, you know it, and when you don't, it's missing. What Jesus is saying is that it's worth everything to have that one special thing in exchange for all that stuff whatever it may be. Takes courage and wisdom to jettison all the baggage in exchange for liberation.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join