It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Freedom: What's Your Price?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Truth is something that cannot be argued.

Otherwise, it's a perspective.

True truth leaves room for circumstantial changes, and explains the parameters for the effects those changes have. In other words, truth will explain it all, briefly and accurately.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

True truth leaves room for circumstantial changes, and explains the parameters for the effects those changes have. In other words, truth will explain it all, briefly and accurately.

yet the ignorant will always argue

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I don't believe karma is only expressed in multiple lives. I also think it is a system of providing needed lessons into our experience.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Originally posted by jed001

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Starchild23

I did not choose freedom, I chose slavery to Truth. I do not wish for freedom. But this was my free choice.

edit on 22-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

what is truth ...... your truth, may not be my truth, or the truth

it is Truth to me, and in my opinion this is all that matters. I do not need to speak on what I believe it is or is not, if you are seeking Trtuth I am sure you will find it.

over the years when people have told me their "truth" it really ended being just an opinion. myself, i seek balance

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

so many times "truth" only turns out to be someone's opinion . a truth must hold up to everything and everyone and that is why i have seen the "truth" so few times

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
reply to post by jed001

I don't believe karma is only expressed in multiple lives. I also think it is a system of providing needed lessons into our experience.

there are some that refuse to learn, because they think they already know all there is . my grandmother died at 87 and told me at her age there were still lessons to be learned

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I believe in Absolutes

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

This is EXACTLY the question I am posing. Everyone wants something, but every action has a consequence, and with every consequence, something is lost...to never again be reclaimed.

No one understands that everything has a price...even freedom itself. They claim it is their right, when in reality (quite literally, the fabric of reality) their supposed "right" would result in their destruction, because what they want...doesn't exist.

They don't truly understand what they want.

I'm confused. You said that every action has a consequence, so basically you are saying every choice is a matter of sacrifice correct, since something is lost forever? But then you say what they want does not exist? why does it not exist just because of sacrifice? Are you saying that it is what they "do not want"? because that is not the same thing as saying what they want is not there.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I completely agree.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This itty bitty piece of existance must be left behind to know a greater beyond.The truest freedom is pure universal knowledge,You don't get that being you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

That's an interesting idea.

It's very possible.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I'm confused. You said that every action has a consequence, so basically you are saying every choice is a matter of sacrifice correct, since something is lost forever? But then you say what they want does not exist?

I can understand your confusion. Yes, every choice is an act of sacrifice...although, since we are getting something in return for that sacrifice, we really don't see it that way. Especially considering the mere act of making that choice makes it clear that every other choice at that time, was not to your taste...or at least not as much as the choice you actually made.

When I say it does not exist, I mean that the ability to choose without making a sacrifice does not exist. Not in our reality. And that's what people want...lack of sacrifice. They want their cake, but they want to eat it as well. They want freedom of expression, and then cry out when others tear down their beliefs. They want the right to information, but want information kept secret as well.

Many people today want it both ways...and the sacrifice system, the system of ebb and flow, give and take, does not allow that. Therefore, true freedom - or freedom to act without sacrifice - does not exist.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There are no absolutes, because everything is perceived. And in all perceived matters, reality is subjective. When reality is subjective, there is no pure truth, because the concept is also determined by its surroundings or the small interactions leading up to it. And since everyone sees it slightly differently, the actual concept is subjective in the minds of those who behold it.

Therefore, there are no absolutes, so long as the observers are varied.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Balance is the wisest thing to seek. Most do not truly understand balance...they have to sway from side to side, maintaining equilibrium through motion, because their life requires motion.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If you are referring to me, I argue because arguments are proactive questions. Never stop questioning, or you will never find the answers you seek.

The moment you cease to inquire into the world in which you live, is the moment in which your quest for knowledge will end.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Freedom to act is not hindered though. There is dissonance, but dissonance alone does not restrict freedom, if anything if gives you more freedom. If i could act without ever having a reason to object my choice, how do i know i have a choice?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

If you act without sacrifice, you have no restrictions. None at all.

You would know you have a choice because you still have the $50 bucks in your pocket, yet you have that awesome new CD in your hand as well.

Or maybe you can still taste the cheeseburger while you're heading into Wendy's for a shake.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by juveous

If you act without sacrifice, you have no restrictions. None at all.

You would know you have a choice because you still have the $50 bucks in your pocket, yet you have that awesome new CD in your hand as well.

Or maybe you can still taste the cheeseburger while you're heading into Wendy's for a shake.

These are bad examples, but if I have to give up one thing in order to have another, there is no contradiction but a contradiction of desire. I will still be free to choose how i suffer.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

If you want good examples, look at every move you make and imagine what you could have done instead. Those opportunities are lost...because no matter if you do it five or ten seconds later, you will never know if the result had been the same.

Experiences are the sacrifice. What you might have seen, or heard, or touched, or known...that is what is lost. Because what you are thinking at the time, what others are doing at the time, or what is happening at the time...it all has an effect. All of that moment is lost the moment you forfeit it for a more pleasing option.

That is the price of our actions. The loss of those moments. And every time you choose between one thing and another, you lose another moment. And you lose every moment that follows.

True freedom is the ability to experience any and all time lines. Any and all choices, and the moments that follow each of them. But that is impossible in this reality.

I will still be free to choose how i suffer.

No, because even each act of suffering follows a different timeline.

Do you understand now?
edit on CWednesdaypm050545f45America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yes i understand, but how is this any different than saying we aren't omnipotent? There is no dillemma here becuase this isnt based in reality to begin with.

So yes based in this reality we have freedom, unless you just play the determinism card.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join