It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged With DUI Had Zebra And Parrot In Front Seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Can we say police state? It's come to this. We are no longer allowed to drive around drunk with our Zebra's. Jack booted thugs will take you to jail. Video at link.

DUBUQUE, Iowa - It sounds like the beginning of a joke. A man, a zebra, a parrot walk into a bar. A Cascade man was arrested outside of a Dubuque bar on Sunday night with a pet zebra and a macaw parrot in the front seat of his truck. Officers charged Jerald Reiter, 55, with OWI. Police reports say officers stopped him in the parking lot of the Dog House Lounge as he drove away in his truck. According to police, field sobriety tests showed Reiter had a blood alcohol level of .14. The legal limit in Iowa is .08. Reiter tells KCRG.com that he and his girlfriend, Vickey Teters, see the animals like their kids and often take them for rides. On Sunday night, they say they took the zebra and the macaw to the bar because it often lets people bring their animals inside.

Is anyone else amazed this story isn't out of Florida? I didn't know you could own a pet Zebra. I also can't imagine getting one in the front seat of a pickup. Sometimes my dog gets ornery, refusing to hop in the car. He is a pain to lift sometimes, but baby Zebra? This may be one of the best DUI (or OWI I suppose) stories I've heard in a looooooooooong time. If I were the bar owner I sure would have let the Zebra in.

Link

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow

That is flat out crazy. It sounds like some sort of messed up joke just like the article says

Still not as funny as the story I once read about the guy stealing a ferret by putting it down his pants. Then when confronted he shoved it in a guys face and it bit the guy. The police in that case chaged him with assault with a weapon.

www.foxnews.com...

That confrontation makes the ferret a "special weapon" under Florida law. So Bolton also faces battery charges for dangerously wielding the animal.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Raist

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
"Sir, you know you have a zebra and a parrot in your car?"

"Oh, good, you see them also..guess I am not as drunk as I thought I was"

Add:
Got a copy of his mugshot

edit on 22-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A zebra walks into a bar. The barman says: "Wait, you can't
come in here without a necktie." The zebra goes out to his
car, looks in the boot and gets a set of jumper leads, which
he ties around his neck.

He goes back into the bar. "This good enough?" he asks.
Barman says: "Yah, but you better not start anything."

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thats not true at all.

The Zebra could drive fine and the parrot could tell him all the turns to get home.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Lolwut?
This is like the hangover. But the "In real life" version.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually that last post reminds me of a case I read about in a book called "Worlds Stupidest Criminals"

Get this. in the midwest, a guy was arrested for DUI>

The Guy was blind and had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend at the local bar and she stormed off. Normally his driver (since he's blind and all) he decided the next best thing to do was to have his dog named, no joke, Sir Anhuser Busch III sit in the passenger seat and tell him when the lights were green or red etc...

So obviously the guy gets pulled over. According to the cops. the dog was doing just fine alerting the owner to when the lights changed but the blind, drunk driver was having a hard time staying in the lanes which is what brought attention to him in the first place.

One to compete withthe ferret story:

Same book. A guy in boston decides to steal a live lobster from the supermarket. Standing in line to "Check out" with a pack of gum he suddenly collapses. the paramedics investigate and find the lobster.

When a reporter asked the doctor who had attended to the man at the local emergency room, he said that basically the thief had performed a do it your self vasectomy. OW!!!!

I got more. let me know. you sure you don't want to hear about the guy who got off in court from running from the cops because he claimed that he 'Gets abducted by aliens all the time, and that the police lights made him think it was a UFO coming back to get him, while in his drunken state. This guy was arrested for the DUI but not for running from the cops, which the judge dismissed stating that "he could see how a cops lights could remind a drunk of a UFO)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

I got more. let me know. you sure you don't want to hear about the guy who got off in court from running from the cops because he claimed that he 'Gets abducted by aliens all the time, and that the police lights made him think it was a UFO coming back to get him, while in his drunken state. This guy was arrested for the DUI but not for running from the cops, which the judge dismissed stating that "he could see how a cops lights could remind a drunk of a UFO)

there are tears running down my face i'm laughing so hard.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Cant stop laughing. I think we need more.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
OK Ok.

So this is actually a common event strangely. I forget what country it was in but it was in europe.

A group of burglars broke into an industrial building. That's about as much as the police really know. Cause shortly afterwards the building blew up. (it was late at night, nobody other than the burglars got hurt)

They speculate due to chemical samples taken that the burglars broke into the building and tried to use dynamite on the safe to blow it open. Turns out they didn't check the building signage. It was a demolitions company and they kept their explosives in the safe. They leveled the building with them in it.

Good Job Guys.

Another has to do with a guy who broke into a New Zealand radio station and held the jockey and staff hostage claiming to have a bomb for 12 hours. His only request and demand? He wanted to hear a certain muppets song played back to back non stop until who knows when. The cops eventually deduced that the bomb was a fake, stormed the building and put the radio listeners our of their misery by arresting the guy and shutting down the muppets broadcast.

Two bungling burglars in france tried to drill a hole and break their way into a bank vault from the alley behind it. Sadly they didn't do their research too well. They ended up getting the wrong building. When they finally broke their way into the "Vault" they were startled to find that they had actually broken into the police cafeteria with dozens on cops sitting there.

In brazil the cops had a run in that required the zoos help. They went to take down the estate of some drug dealer. The security was more than they expected. The drug dealer had a pair of lions that he was attempting to train to attack police. Not even sure how one goes about that but still.

In texas there is a prison that banned serving salsa after it was used to slowly eat away over time at the bars in one inmates cell. ho actually managed to escape for a half hour before getting caught.

These are off the top of my head. I got more. Let me go home and bring the book in tomorrow and put the really good ones in.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
wait theres one more I gotta add.

A zoo in portugal had to fire their head zookeeper. He put his kids in monkey suits and showed them off in one of the abandoned pens for a week claiming that they were rare apes from somewhere. He actually got away with it fooling the onlookers until somebody finally caught on.

A judge in indonesia lost his job because he went on a public campaign to change the laws so that people convicted of murder or any other offense requiring the death penalty were to be executed in a giant terrarium filled with venomous snakes open to public viewing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

these are very good. Venomous snake terrarium is nightmare fuel for me. I think maybe the judge was on to something!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maybe its the plot of a new live action madagascar 4?

Stupid police not letting us drive drunk and murder children.... WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLL US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm
edit on 24-5-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There are a lot of car accidents because of drunk driving. States are cracking down on drunk driving. DUI and DWI laws across the nation are becoming stricter and being enforced with greater diligence. NY Knick, Jason Kidd was arrested for drunk driving the summer of 2012 after his vehicle was in a serious collision. He was charged with DWI and later appeared for court. Good thing no one was injured in the accident.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thats funny.

They missed some details out though in the story....i heard the cop told the guy to take the animals to the zoo.

Next day, the cop saw the guy again, driving the zebra and parrot around town AGAIN....but this time they had sunglasses on. The cop said, "I thought i told you yesterday to take them to the zoo?". The guys said..."Yeah....and i did....today i'm taking them to the beach!"

Well i thought it was funny.

CX.

top topics

join