It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst movie ever made???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have no doubt many of us here at ATS are fans of the sci-fi genre. I think it probably just goes with the territory. I just managed to sit through, however, on Showtime Black (I don't know why it's called showtime black, I think because it features a black person?? Forrest Whittaker in this case, but I digress), I just sat through perhaps the worst movie ever made...and we can all give a big shout out to L. Ron Hubbard for this debacle. Yes, ladies and gentlemen...I dub thee, Battlefield Earth, as the worst sci-fi movie of all time. Thoughts?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say the worst film I've ever seen was ' Antfarm Dickhole' Although it was independent film they could have done a much better job with the ant scenes.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't think you've seen "the room"

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I remember watching a movie called Shakedown with Ron Pearlman as the lead. I don't really remember much about it. The one thing I do remember was thinking this is the worst movie I have ever seen.EDIT: Here is the trailer to that atrocity.

edit on 22-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Body Parts, Leviathan, and jeepers creepers. oh, and the smurfs. does that count as sci fi?

link   
reply to post by BBobb

Yeah that movies pretty bad.

But...nothing tops this IMO.

I have had nightmares more entertaining.

link   
I rather enjoyed Battlefield Earth, myself.

My all-time worse movie has to be Red Sonja.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Anything on SyFy with "Apocalypse" in the title....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
one of the worst i've ever seen is "phone booth" a guy stuck in a phone booth for 90 min...what fun

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you mean bad movies that are just bad, too many to mention(Godfather 3 comes to mind). But if you're talking about movies that are so bad they are funny you're got to see Sword of the Barbarians. The protagonist(deep voice), "I hear something." Off camera you can hear a guy breaking a branch.
This movie is worth watching because it's SO bad. Laugh your ass off.

CX

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
one of the worst i've ever seen is "phone booth" a guy stuck in a phone booth for 90 min...what fun

I actually enjoyed that.

My vote for worst film has to go to The Wicker Man (Nicolas Cage version).....some originals just do not need tampering with, and the classic that is the original Wicker Man is one of them!

I can't even bring myself to post a trailer showing it, i have vowed never to cast eyes on that abomination again as long as i breathe!

CX.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes I remember that. This one?
Great fighting scene in the water.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Anything with J-Lo. I prefer big breasts rather than big butts.
Cecil B. DeMented. Melanie Griffith at her worst.
Lost Highway. I wanted to be lynched after seeing this one.
Jaws 3D. My jaw was certainly clutched before I walked out.
Howard the Duck... Made me up-chuck.
Hunger Games. Boooooorring!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmmm worst ever movie.... the postman is definitely on my list together with the ' phone booth'.... hmm i see a pattern emerging I guess any movies named after communication channels so for the future when 'the TV', 'the printer' and 'the email service provider' comes out I'm not watching those

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For me it was Melancholia. It's suppose to be about the end of the world movie about a planet called Melancholia that collides with Earth. Instead it was a snooze fest about depression, although stuningly beautiful cinematography.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ha! I knew there would be some classics thrown out there for this thread. I'm glad to see it's run the gambit from indy to mainstream, because I think crap is an equal opportunity label, don't you?

Speaking of crap (though not to speak ill of the dead), has anyone seen Brittany Murphy's last movie, Megafault? Oh, I think they were trying to make a sci-fi flick, but they pulled off one helluva comedy instead!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hands down it has to be The Village.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
When it comes to bad sci-fi movies, I gotta go with the classically awful "Plan 9 From Outer Space", from that crazy guy Ed Wood.

Crappy production values, wooden and unbelievable acting, cheesy looking props, and the space ships in the sky are hung with string. Plus the story is just dumb.

My favorite part is when the space vampire (Bela Lugosi) chases a woman through a graveyard...part of it was filmed at night, and part during the day. Terrible, careless editing.

I think it was labeled "Worst sci-fi movie ever" by The Golden Turkey Awards.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

I liked it too, it was intense. But many of my friends don't like it either, it didn't keep their attention but I thought it was a very bold bit of movie making and worked for some.

My worst movie, toughy, I agree that Battlefield Earth was beyond bad.

I'm finding it hard to pinpoint one movie, i'll say Saw 7 for how it ruined one of my favorite movie franchises.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Leprechaun. Good lord that was a crap movie.. and Im a rabid horror and dystopian fan!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join