It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Noise Heard Throughout North East Scotland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I want more rumbling I'm curious as to what it is. It's been quite sunny and clear skies at the moment so will be nice to hear it and have a nice view of the sky

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I had a similar experience several years ago. Very loud rumbling, no doppler effect, clear skies. I was working nights and my family was very understanding of my need to sleep during the day. They woke me up anyway, it was just that disconcerting.

In my case, though, we know exactly what happened. A natural gas line had ruptured about 25 miles away.

What I understand from these reports is that the events are more intermittent, probably even louder, and (maybe) lower in pitch. But the similarities are such that we can make a comparison and at least speculate on the differences.

First, the OP said it happened a couple of times in a night. This could be a natural oscillation, like Old Faithful gyser in Yellowstone. It could also indicate purposeful control. Second, the only mechanism I know for increasing sonic volume is increasing the power of whatever is producing the sound waves. I saw footage of the ruptured gas line and I was really surprised at the ammount of pressure involved. And that was just a transmission line. Third (and least verifiable) is the possible lower pitch. No, scratch that, it's too speculative.

So stipulate a common cause for a similar noise. Add the variables of (possible) purposeful control and higher pressure.

It's either a fracking operation (which is completely unregulated in the U.S. and I'll bet you U.K. folk don't have it any better here at the end of the Oil Age) or you have a volcanic caldera under you that nobody thought to mention.

Try lighting your tap water on fire every now and then. They at least pay you not to talk if you you have flammable water (flammable=inflammable U.K...OK?)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Must be something of more interest than they let on if police called you back requesting more details.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
This phenomenon is very real, I have also experienced it and it scared the shot outta me.
It's like a truck idling beside you and shakes you to the core

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Normally i would say yes because it rains everyday in Scotland, but it actually HASN'T rained for about a week, in fact it has been warm and sunny for days. The police called me back again (2nd time) and gave me an explanation. This is what they said.

"They have contacted the MoD and the MoD cant confirm or deny if it was a supersonic jet. If it were a sonic boom, because of the high pressure of the air at the time, this would have allowed the boom to travel further and effect the coast."

What i will say is that the police man who called me actually sounded like he was reading a script.

I promptly said...thanks for the call back and hung up the phone.

Thats it case closed in the eyes of the UK police force...Glad to see my hard earner tax money is doing the right thing...Good Job!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Apparently they are doing on going Typhoon Fighter low level and night time flying at the moment. I was reading an article on the web about it earlier today, just thought of it again now, went to find it again to link to this thread and ......nothing......it has disappeared off the web!

They have also stationed 4 Typhoons near London for the Olympics and they have just completed a 9 day exercise in preparation for that so it is probably all linked.

That "statement" from the Police was probably just that - the copper was most probably reading you the official script doled out by the MoD.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Could the noise be the crust pressing together at fault linesand creating groaning sound and then it takes a larger quake to disband it?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by StealthyKat

Could the noise be the crust pressing together at fault linesand creating groaning sound and then it takes a larger quake to disband it?

Nah man.
I don't live on a fault and this happened to me and many others in my general vicinity.
Maybe its the core heating up and "biting" pieces off of the crust (from the inside)
It truly seems like it's coming from inside- not the air or from above

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I believe that sound is from the dragon, chief of under ground world, that ancient people often mentioned in their books to describe the biggest earthquakes. Japanese Princess Kaoru said she had met and communicated with the spirit of this dragon. I myself experienced this in the west coast of US last year and felt like a giant animal or an elephan blowing air to my face before leaving.

edit on 25-5-2012 by thorforecaster because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I know the US has a mystery aircraft called the Aurora that is supposedly said to cause sky quakes. With the Olympics coming up perhaps there are some air maneuvers being performed (or maybe an air jockey out for a joy ride -- it happens).

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From another post years ago:

Originally posted by SimonGray
Posted on the old board by Scottish Investigator

Machrihanish AFB is on the Mull Of Kintyre peninsula in South West Scotland. It has over the years been used in testing many planes including the F-117A in its 'black' days.

But it has also been linked with the testing of the possible 'aurora' hypersonic airplane and there is evidence to support a plane capable of such speeds operating here with the locals often reporting terrific sonic booms rippling through the sky near the base.

>>The news about the base first came out after an RAF Radar Man picked up a unidentified object travelling at MACH3+. An airplane having to accelerate on take off to reach such speed could easily operate from Machrihanish with its 3mile + runway. It is so large as Machrihanish is a Emergency Airfield Overflow (EAOF) site.

>>The Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute investigated earth tremors and strange shock waves across the Fresian Coast. They reckon the cause was that of a sonic boom from an airplane travelling at 4,000Mph

>>To support the claim of mysterious aircraft being flown here and over the whole of Scotland the
United States Air Force was operating there w/ a possible large secret underground facility that is rumoured to be guarded by elite US Navy SEALs troops. The base�s runway is also east/west facing making it easy for secret airplanes to land unnoticed (even though the population near-by is small to say the least).

>>More support for the operating of secret aircraft here is the Chris Gibson sighting. He was working on the Galveston Key oilrig when he and colleagues looked up only to see two F-111s and a large triangular aircraft refuelling from a KC-135 tanker.

However, the Americans left the now reported to be deactivated Machrihanish after a crash of a Boeing Chinook helicopter which had all of Britain�s top intelligence officers in Northern Ireland on it. The original reasons for the crash were human error and computer software failing. But there is a third cause and that is a sonic boom from an aircraft going into a high Mach speed.

Machrihanish has a skeleton staff but is still guarded like Fort Knox.

The chairman of the Scottish Earth Mysteries Research Ron Halliday claims that parts of Scotland are being used in the same way as AREA 51 to test mysterious aircraft. Apparently the MoD owns large areas of land in Scotland much that is hard to access and no body as any idea why they own it. Halliday believes that flying disks could be hid in mountain sides in Scotland and be flown at night and the highlands has very sparse small to large areas of housing making it easy to test these planes with no one seeing.

Also any investigations made to the MoD about UFO sightings in Scotland are always dismissed as quick as a flash as though they know something but do not want anything to come out of it.

Though as with AREA 51 we will likely never know what activities were being carried out at the base or over the skies of Scotland.

oh yeah, more machrihanish info can be found by going to www.area51researchcenter.com...

------

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hi,
Here is a video I shot on my mobile in May 2012 when there was a security exercise in preparation for the olympics. It is a Typhoon fighter.The sound was louder than it seems in the video, and you could feel it in your core.
Did it sound like this? Btw this is 1st upload to YouTube so fingers crossed it works.
Cheers
JD

top topics

<< 1   >>

join