It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling Noise Heard Throughout North East Scotland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey All,

Just thought i would post a quick thread to see if any others in Scotland heard the very strange deep rumbling sound at 1045GMT tonight, 22nd May?

My partner and i were on the sofa watching tv, volume at moderate when we both heard it. My partner checked her Facebook to find that others heard it too and for some this is the second night in a row.

It sounded like a loud truck outside our house crossed with thunder. There was no truck and the sky is clear.

It was quite an unusual sound to hear!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hello a few days ago im not such which, I could check on my Facebook I heard and others around my town heard rumbling for a few hours non stop. It was exactly how you described it or I'd say like a jet at a semi high altitude flying constantly over my house. I'm in the south east England near london. My friend attempted to record it but we were on his balcony and it was fairly windy. You could easily tell the noise from the wind even sitting in his flat you could hear the rumbling. This all happened between 2300-0130

Thought I'd share

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just to update, i contacted the non emergency police line and was told it is being actively investigated as i was the 386th person to report this sound tonight in my area. Some houses across the road from me shook, but i am convinced it was NOT an earthquake as some are reporting this for the second night in a row.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Just to update, i contacted the non emergency police line and was told it is being actively investigated as i was the 386th person to report this sound tonight in my area. Some houses across the road from me shook, but i am convinced it was NOT an earthquake as some are reporting this for the second night in a row.

[/quote

386 people, is a lot of people. Wish i knew what was going on with this noises in the sky business. Im down in Wales, and me and my daughter heard something weird in the sky a couple of months ago. We live by a railway track, but it wasnt that and im certain it wasnt a plane or thunder. Its all very curious.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Evening Mr McLeod!

How far are you from the coast? I know there is some fraking going on out in the North Sea just off the NE coast there...just a thought

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i don't even know what to believe when the authorities say it wasn't an earthquake. fracking is a possibility. or it's another one of these strange teeny tiny quakes that barely show up and in theory shouldn't be felt at all.

very strange.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This has been an ongoing mystery and government officials are so quick to pass it off as an earthquake. My wife and I experienced this a while back and what you described sounds exactly like what we heard.
3.3 earthquake california

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i don't even know what to believe when the authorities say it wasn't an earthquake. fracking is a possibility. or it's another one of these strange teeny tiny quakes that barely show up and in theory shouldn't be felt at all.

very strange.

So suddenly fracking causes rumbling at night? And earthquakes don't shake your floors, but make loud rumbling?

Something is happening, but to me it seems more like sound barrier breaking/malfunction (maybe due to or earth changes or solar system disturbance) or alien/black-ops activity.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We have been hearing this noise quite often here in the U.S. (Louisiana) for the past year....still no clue what it is, but it is un nerving.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Sounds a bit odd. I've heard the weird noise that resembles the constant low flying jet. It was a few months
back, had to let my dog outside. I looked up to try to find the cause but noticed the sky wasn't clear but overcast with a slight red tint. Around the time there was a lot of posts on Youtube all reporting strange sounds but until I actually heard it for myself I took most of it with a pinch of salt.

Not sure what the cause could be or weather the cases are linked.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thought i'd give you all an update. I was surprised this morning to hear that this "event" made it onto our Radio Station. It has also made the national news Link.

What concerns me here is that the MoD has replied saying, it "might" have been a supersonic jet, yet they need permission to fly at supersonic speeds over the UK, so surely they would know???

What also confuses me is that i have spoken to 2 other people who have heard these noises for the past 2 nights, some people heard them multiple times last night, so unless the jets are breaking the sound barrier a couple of times a night for a few nights running, this just doesn't make sense.

I also received a call back from the Police this morning wanting to know the exact details of what happened, and the police woman said they might be back in touch for further details,

Seems like an awful lot of effort for a "might" be sonic boom that no-one can confirm.

Would it not be sensible for the police to contact the RAF/MoD and get clarification?

The UK earthquake site shows NO earthquake, yet some houses shook and some buildings were evacuated.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I do not know the protocol these days but the Tornado squadrons used to use the East Coast (N Yorks / Lincs upto Northern Scotland) for speed and low level flight training. Possibly this has been reintroduced but not been admitted to because of "National Security" fears? Used to have them regularly as low as 100ft over my garden - scared the bejeesus out of me on more than one occasion!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hello all....

I'm up on Deeside, near Aboyne, so I'm a wee bit away from where this seemed to happen, but there was nothing here last night that I remember at all. I certainly would have been right on ATS if I'd heard this. Wasn't there fracking being used on the recent Total gas leak in the North Sea? We're not known for even small earthquakes here, so i'ts mystifying for sure, but very curious that the police are taking such an interest. Will be watching very closely, and listening tonight.

Cait x

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have taken the liberty of contacting the MoD myself because there seems to be little to no interest from them. My email to them is below.

I am requesting an answer to the confusion surrounding the rumble/trembling sounds heard throughout Aberdeenshire on the 21st/22nd of May 2012. I witnessed this sound at approximately 2245 and contacted the non emergency police line as others on my street also heard it and i was curious to find out if it was an incident. I was duly informed that many people heard this sound ranging a distance of around 50-100 miles. What confuses me about this incident is that it seems to be unimportant in the MoD's eyes.

If it were a supersonic jet creating a sonic boom, why did it occur 3 times on the 22/5/12 between 2000 and 2245 and why did it occur the night before on the 21/5/12? Not only that but jets are not allowed to fly at supersonic speeds in UK airspace without authorisation. This authorisation must come from the MoD, yet in the local media it stresses that the MoD say "it is likely"...well either it is or it isn't.

This is concerning on 2 fronts...

1. The MoD know if it was or wasn't a supersonic jet doing multiple sonic fly bys yet deny knowledge, which is concerning because they are only allowed to do it for special reasons...why were the RAF/Navy doing it if they were and where were they racing at supersonic speeds too?

2. If it was not a supersonic jet (multiple times), or an earth quake (multiple times), then why is it not being investigated? You would think that an unknown sound disturbing a large area on multiple occasions without any natural explanation would raise security concerns within the UK's MoD.

I would appreciate it if the matter could be clarified or will i and others be reporting back with another case of a "mysterious sound" tonight?

I find it highly strange that when authorisation is required to fly supersonic (especially after the incident in England last month) that the MoD would admit, yes or no. What are they hiding and if they did have to go supersonic multiple times, what were they after?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I have taken the liberty of contacting the MoD myself because there seems to be little to no interest from them. My email to them is below.

I am requesting an answer to the confusion surrounding the rumble/trembling sounds heard throughout Aberdeenshire on the 21st/22nd of May 2012. I witnessed this sound at approximately 2245 and contacted the non emergency police line as others on my street also heard it and i was curious to find out if it was an incident. I was duly informed that many people heard this sound ranging a distance of around 50-100 miles. What confuses me about this incident is that it seems to be unimportant in the MoD's eyes.

If it were a supersonic jet creating a sonic boom, why did it occur 3 times on the 22/5/12 between 2000 and 2245 and why did it occur the night before on the 21/5/12? Not only that but jets are not allowed to fly at supersonic speeds in UK airspace without authorisation. This authorisation must come from the MoD, yet in the local media it stresses that the MoD say "it is likely"...well either it is or it isn't.

This is concerning on 2 fronts...

1. The MoD know if it was or wasn't a supersonic jet doing multiple sonic fly bys yet deny knowledge, which is concerning because they are only allowed to do it for special reasons...why were the RAF/Navy doing it if they were and where were they racing at supersonic speeds too?

2. If it was not a supersonic jet (multiple times), or an earth quake (multiple times), then why is it not being investigated? You would think that an unknown sound disturbing a large area on multiple occasions without any natural explanation would raise security concerns within the UK's MoD.

I would appreciate it if the matter could be clarified or will i and others be reporting back with another case of a "mysterious sound" tonight?

I find it highly strange that when authorisation is required to fly supersonic (especially after the incident in England last month) that the MoD would admit, yes or no. What are they hiding and if they did have to go supersonic multiple times, what were they after?

I love the effort you put into this, but garnering any attention form the authorities is like me asking President Obama if he wanted to have a sleep over. These guys are full of class distinction and your email will be seen with very little concern. If they happen to respond it will most likely be a generic, non specific reply.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

I know, its quite sad really. Its another case of the public left out in the dark.

They know fine well what it is...its pretty pathetic really!

All i can do is try!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

We are nothing to the Elite, expendable, and financial enabler via the tax imposed, the world is their playground. Sad indeed, but we as a people gave up our rights to actually live free, because we enabled them for so long and fell into the control of their propoganda. We pay for their secrets, but have zero rights to benefit from them. I guess that why even when we become "awake" we are still in their grips of being their sheeple. Sad indeed!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe a thread is needed for rumbling noises in the UK don't really get much attention as it does in the US. I would/can do it but usually on my phone for the web plus I only have a netbook which is a heap of junk. I dunno just a thought.

As to the idea of jets, when I heard the rumbling the noise didn't seem it was moving if you know what I mean. When you hear jets you can hear the sound fade in and out when they move about. This was just constant

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Welcome to the club! I heard the rumbles last year.

Just curious, I know you stated it was clear when you heard the rumbling, but did it rain later on?

I'm not suggesting it was thunder, but I've noticed that some of the reports of the sound have had rain events afterward.

Hope the next night is quite!
OiO

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Supersonic Typhoons practising annihilation of Tehran..........there not going to tell you that are they.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join