It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assumptions and lives wasted because of them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This is a somewhat controversial topic. Question: With regard to the supposed proofs of the existence of 'God'. What would transpire if what fitted the profile for 'God' refuted entirely all human assumptions about themselves and themselves in relation to 'it'? Humanity has a great deal to lose, so a great deal of refusal to acknowledge would be the case. Yes?Is it not so awesomely likely that this would be the case? When I say fits the profile for 'God'. obviously there's a great deal of subjectivity and agenda-laden junk inherent, while such a profile/s are/have been created. Appeals to logic make a God as humanity wants 'it' to be. Appeals to cosmology can't even begin no matter how ferocious the claims. Appeals to supposed Holy Spirits becoming words are ridiculous. Feelings and inclinations, dreams about 'angels' and 'Jesus' are the same. Is it not that humanity hasn't evolved sufficiently far so to encompass what really is the truth? That humanity can't encompass the truth in this moment? That humanity never will because there is no reason for humanity to do so? Of course there are those who disagree but why? Because they are supposedly 'inspired'? Supposedly 'connected, 'looked down upon'? The more these assumptions are examined the more stupid they should appear, but the problem is, that they don't.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I just can't beleive it though... I just can't beleive it.
I can't beleive someone back then in the world would make up such a book that had many pages and write it in such a way, I just can't beleive what happened to me was nothing but coincidence and many things that have happened to me, and things I have seen.
Then all the beleivers must be crazy... maybe i'm crazy, but I just can't beleive it.
And as much as I hear it and as much as people deny it and want me to deny it... I just can't because I can't deny something I beleive, like if there was a glass of water in front of my face and I was staring at it and someone comes up to me and tells me its not there...that i'm just seeing things, and then I pick up the glass and drink from it and still they tell me its not there but yet...it is...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very well said regnassem.
What more could I possibly add?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Very well said regnassem.
What more could I possibly add?

hehe thanx lizard ^.^;;

top topics

join