It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich how less empathy, studies suggest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Dascher Keltner a Psychologist conducted a study that suggest the rich really are different.

Less empathetic, less altruistic, and more selfish.

They did 12 studies and each one suggested the rich show less empathy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
thread about it Here

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"the rich how less empathy, studies suggest".

What does that even mean?

/TOA

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
In my expeirence have not seen a lot of tolerance,compassion or empathy coming from those who condemn others for not having it when they have never shown it to date.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Probably because they see leaving a bartender or a waitress a reasonable tip as class warfare or pure communism. They're creating the job just by drinking or dining! Why then must they support the help even more? Sickening

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
More than likely it's because the rich are targets for people who think their money should belong to someone else for various reasons and do what they can to take that money away from them.

I knew I get really resentful when my money is taken away from me.

Many of them do give to charity. Bill gates gives millions of dollars a year to charities, for one example. And Angelina Jolie won a prize for her charity work.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That explains so much about our elected officials.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Please don't go on a rant about celebrities doing charity work...

I would give away millions if I had billions...

Half the celebrities preaching about charities are asking for our money aswell, you know the people that don't have 8 cars, a 15 bedroom mansion and our own personal stylist at our beck and call.

It's all a scam, Oprah asking people to help kids in Africa, when she could give a hundred million without making a dent in her personal wealth. But, yet your $50 makes a ton of difference.

If Hollywood one year gave away 5% of their profits, there would be no world hunger issues. Hell, if the catholic church gave 5% there would be no poverty, and that's not even touching big corporations like wal-mart or GE.

Please, the rich try and convince us that we can help, while they are hoarding money and trying to make more.

There is a reason the rich rule our society, they're smart and they know how to con...

Pred...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Also found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, it's good to see the mainstream media actually admitting this...

top topics

join