It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the TSHTF and there is no more gasoline or diesel, what will you use to get about?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
When the TSHTF and there is no more gasoline or diesel, what will you use to get about?

My feet

Neo96, I'll come pick you up in my Fred Flintstone car and give you a ride, okay? Four feet can go faster than two!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Right about now would be a good time to start investing in...

Mountain bikes and 10 speeds.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath
reply to post by queenofhearts

A horse is a damn good idea and you could use more than one to travel with when searching for sanctuary or a missing spouse.

Oh, yeah! And when worse comes to worse, he can be invited to supper for a month. Tell him to leave his saddle at home.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My horses get around fine now without gas or diesel and I assume they will after SHTF also.

As a side note, they get quite testy if I try plugging them into an extension cord to recharge them....go figure.

Yeah, I will stick to my animals

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Szarekh

why not a combo of Donkey and Bike/Horse

Dude, this is not friggin' Bonanza....nor does the Average Joe live a couple of blocks away from theO.K. Chorale. I would like to see the average New Yorker grab up a donkey when TSHTF.

Hell, I don't even know where to find a donkey, and there are farmlands on the outskirts of my city.

Lol when I read your post all I could picture was the Erp brothers standing in the middle of Tombstone city and singing together

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for a long time. I believe that there will be a big change by Dec 2012. Most of the population of the entire world will be wiped out. If me and/or my family were to survive it
, then we have a lot more to decide than the means of transportation alone.

For transport, my opinion is we really don't know how much land mass is going to be present. And if there is land mass, will the land mass that we are located in right now will be above water?

I have been reading about sterling engines, steam engines, solar collectors etc. Will start with a bicycle on land and if I am on water, probably will salvage from the debris floating around and build a raft. Slowly will build a sun ray powered steam driven raft.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I do not plan on losing the ability to drive, that is why you need to create your own biodiesel and get a diesel powered vehicle.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

My horses seem to operate just about forever and I've never needed to fuel them with gasoline.

They seem to be able to run on grass!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My slaves will carry me in a litter on their shoulders! Boo ha ha ha!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I've got a horse for that, and we also have several bikes.
I also have a cart and a plow for her to pull.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

That bike set up looks like it would work in a pinch but it would be top heavy and hard to manuver when loaded.
Is the seat wooden?
If so can roid rage, that does not look very comfi.
I plan on hoofing it mostly.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
2.bp.blogspot.com...

Just to claryfi, what is it that you expect when SHTF...?!?!?
Define SHTF:

Doomsday prepper gets a bugoutbag and gets to his bugoutbunker
and the earth splits in two...He will die anyway...

How the heck can you prep for something you have no clue about.

edit on 2012/5/23 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I will use the fat from all the dead yuppies that weren't smart enough to survive the lack of Mc Donald's, Publix, and the corner gas station. I will however be thankful to all the huge corporations for fattening up my fuel supply. It's gonna be a messy job but I love a Sunday afternoon drive.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
These comments are proving most of you are doomed if TS really HTF. And, not surprisingly, no one has thought of the thing that moved everything for the entire history of the world. The mover of every economy and everything and everyone all through history: the sailboat.

Luckily for me, I live on a big sailboat, and she's stocked with food, weapons, and plenty of fishing gear. I need no fuel, can repel boarders, and even the military with all their high tech satellite tracking, TV cameras and airplanes could never find me if I want to get away.

Sux to be you landlubbers. Anchor's aweigh!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I will use the oldest mode of transportation known to mankind. My feet.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm hoping one of these is invented by then

If not my skateboard and mountain bike should do me just fine for most occasions. I do have a gassifier, but plan on using it to power a small generator. I would probably throw it on the car if need be, but I don't plan on making myself a target by flashing fancy transportation in a SHTF scenario. I'll probably try to scoop up a mule if the situation presents itself too.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That is why I stay in great shape because I know for a fact I can out physically perform more than 95% of the rest of the population. Bring it on zombies because I know you can't run for 5 miles straight at almost full speed. LOL
edit on 23-5-2012 by knowledgedesired because: sp

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Three words ... Urban Dog Sled.

Dogs can also: provide sleeping warmth, hunt, guard & alert, defend, attack, and scatter if need be ... and (if well feed) will come back.

Will work on dirt, on paved roads and of course in snow. With the proper setup you could go hands free and shoot if you need to.

I just need some dogs now...and a sled...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would have to say an electric bike. They are silent yet extremely fast.
Some are capable of going over 60 MPH!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would steal ^^^^his^^^^^ bike

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join