It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charle West Blues Fest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My sister and I meet up once or twice a year to visit and since we live so far apart, we meet in Charleston WV. It's a half-way point between where we both live...although I always seem to have drive about 45 minutes longer due to the terrain. It's a beautiful drive but, full of curves and mountains.

So, we happened to be there over the weekend and they were throwing a free to the public blues fest. It was such a nice little surprise. They had it in a public park right along the Kanawha river and while it was a small venue, it was absolutely wonderful, in my opinion.

We didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked but, I did get a chance to hear a few good bands. One in particular was Jill West and Blues attack. They were amazing and I'm not even a huge blues fan. It was a great energy that they put out to the crowd and they even inspired me to buy a CD. I never do that!

The greatest thing happened though when we went to buy a CD....we got to speak to Jill West herself! She was such a kind hearted lady and I felt a really good energy from her. She was even nice enough to sign the CD's for us even though I could tell she was in a bit of a hurry towards the end of our conversation.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with Kenny Wayne Shepherd....he was there as well but, we didn't get to stay to watch him. My sis was the DD and she was ready to get back to the hotel....bummer.

Anyway, If any members live close to Charleston...check this out next year if you can. My sister and I are actually going to plan our next trip around the festival and try to get a hotel closer to the venue so we don't have to worry about a designated driver.

Here are a few other bands that attended although I cannot vouch for their greatness:

Diddley squat
Mel Melton & The wicked Mojos
Johnny Rawls
Rod Piazza & The Mighty Flyers
6 kinds of Crazy
Ms. Freddye
Dennis McClung
Mahajibee
Shaun Booker Band
Carpenter Ants
Slim Fatz
Fiona Boyes

If anyone is familiar with any of these bands please let me know what you think of their music b/c I have a feeling many will be back next year.

Cheers!

new topics

join