It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church Declares War on Obamacare. This Could Spell The End Of Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That rumor reads like a Kevin Smith script so I don't think it's real.
Unless I read a fake report or something.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
When the kid #ers want to pay their taxes, they can have a say in how the US government works.

Unti; then, they can stay the heck back in their own kid #ing country.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You have it all backwards.
They dont have to pay tax as a religious organization, and
they cant not be told to buy health insurance as a religious organization.

Number sign that.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why are so many peoples go to sentiment, "they should pay taxes".
What do taxes have to do with this issue?
Must people in America pay taxes for every freedom they have?
Should I pay taxes for breathing if I don't want pollution in the air?

eta: Oh I should have phrased it:

Do I have to pay air tax if I do not want the Government to pollute the air?

edit on 23-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Its possible it was only posted by an anonymous person,
meaning they understood what Andrew Breitbart now knows...
only they knew it ahead of time.

There is all of the supporting evidence found available in the MSM
media. theulstermanreport.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Entertaining read.
It draws you in because the story is so fascinating, and while the dialect is fun, it also makes it unbelievable.

If the story were made into a movie, Jason Mewes would be great as WHI.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But you don't seem to understand the Catholic faith or rules at all.

So is protecting child molesters part of the Catholic faith or rules?

How about protecting Nazis?

How about burying mafia bosses amongst their most "holy"?

What about money laundering for criminal organizations such as the mafia? Is that part of the Catholic faith or rules or is it just regular Vatican business?

The Bible says something about "the whore of Babylon". Does it not? I wonder if the whore of Babylon would try to protect child molesters, protect Nazis, dive in bed with the mafia and launder money for murderers, rapists, kidnappers, extortionists and what have you not...I also wonder if the whore of Babylon would be a fan of collecting wealth and gold, like the Vatican...oh...

PS.

When you have the gall and disgusting mindset to try and emotionally trick people with bullcrap like:

Paraphrase ...
First the came for the blacks, but I wasn't black so I did nothing.
Then they came for the Jews, but I wasn't Jewish so I did nothing.
Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't like them so I did nothing.
Then they came for me, but there was no one left to help me.

Then where the HELL were YOU when children were being abused for DECADES if not CENTURIES, at the hands of men you look up to? You did nothing when they abused those children. In fact, you actively go around that fact, since it makes it easier for you to uphold your fraudulent religion that we've been warned about in the Bible.

Where the hell are any Catholics to speak up against the MASSIVE wealth of the Vatican? Do you know who that wealth is taken or stolen from? No you don't. Because you don't care, it's "yours" now isn't it?

You really won't get a single sympathy point for me.
edit on 24-5-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Why are so many peoples go to sentiment, "they should pay taxes".
What do taxes have to do with this issue?

Go back to school will ya? Go study history will ya? ( No, not ancient alien history
)

Then come back and ask what taxes have to do with it.

This is an obvious tactic by the Vatican and their right wing buddies. Well, not obvious to those who'd rather read about aliens, new world orders and the like...but definitely obvious to those more knowledgeable out there.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

That is all true, yet once again many wrongs dont make a right.

The U.S. Federal Government has no constitutional right, basis in which
to require the Catholic Church ( or any church for that matter) to purchase health
care, let alone health care that includes contraceptive packages.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The U.S. Federal Government has no constitutional right, basis in which
to require the Catholic Church ( or any church for that matter) to purchase health
care, let alone health care that includes contraceptive packages.

Yes and in the meanwhile, back here on planet Earth...

the constitution was ratified in 1788. That's a whopping 224 years ago. Don't you think anything may have changed during that time span? Lets say...a population growth of about 290 million people? Lets say that population growth brings risks with it, of the sexually transmittable kind. Now lets move forward and observe who are the most sexually backward people and we find out it's religious folk who are fanatic in their religion( of which the Catholics are a large chunk).

So then we have sexually repressed people doing it and being told not to use contraception.

If you don't mind that then sure, I can imagine that you'd say...hey, who cares, 224 years ago something was written down and that something means that nobody can force me to keep up with the time. The Amish seem to be doing their thing, right?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You're right.

All those wrongs + the wrong of forbidding people to use contraception = extra wrong.

It sure as hell doesn't make a right.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think you are over the top there with that description

"forbidding" I am not Catholic so I cant say for certain, I dont think
they forbid people to use contraception. They just dont want to
pay for the contraceptive "package" in insurance.
And the Federal Government has no legal place to make them
provide that either.

Get your facts straight first, then you can argue.

edit on 24-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
When you have the gall and disgusting mindset to try and emotionally trick people with bullcrap like

It's not gall or disgusting mindset. It's the truth. People are just in glee over the INNOCENT Catholics in America losing their constitutional rights simply because you all hate on the Catholic Church. The government will be emboldened .. and next time they could easily be coming for YOU.

Then where the HELL were YOU when children were being abused for DECADES if not CENTURIES, at the hands of men you look up to?

Back the cart up ... My child was never abused by anyone. the VAST MAJORITY of children were never abused. Children in Catholic schools/churches are less likely to be abused then children in public schools. That's just the fact. And I NEVER said I look up to anyone. You really shouldn't take such massive leaps and assume things simply because I back the constitutional rights of Americans.

You did nothing when they abused those children. In fact, you actively go around that fact,

:shk: :shk: :shk:

1 - I personally 'did nothing' when those pedophiles abused children? How do you know that? And what exactly was I supposed to personally do?

2 - Catholic layity in the church, when they found out what was happening, withdrew donations and formed the 'For the Sake of God's Children' laws. You should read up on that before you spew any more ...

3 - This subject is about the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of tens of millions of Americans to practice their faith as they see fit. That is the subject.

makes it easier for you to uphold your fraudulent religion that we've been warned about in the Bible.

1 - You really should stop calling it 'your religion'. Just because I was raised Catholic and I support the Constitutional right of ALL AMERICANS to worship without government interference, does not mean that I fit into that Catholic box. It's funny how you assume that to be the case, when I have said many times it is not.

2 - As for the bible .. you are free to interpret it any way you wish. I have a very low opinion of the bible so it means nothing to me.

Catholics to speak up against the MASSIVE wealth of the Vatican?

Completely different topic for discussion. This is about CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
If you wish to start a thread about Vatican wealth - which is a separate issue - go right ahead.

Do you know who that wealth is taken or stolen from? No you don't. Because you don't care, it's "yours" now isn't it?

Don't be absurd. If it was MINE I'd be doing a whole lot with it. It isn't mine.

You really won't get a single sympathy point for me.

So your anti-catholic bias means you don't care that tens of millions of innocent americans are having their constitutional rights infringed upon. Lovely. Just don't go whining to anyone when YOUR rights are stepped on. There will be no one left to hear you.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Most women and men use contraception, so I'm sure Obama isn't trembling in his boots about the opinion of an organization that created a manual to teach priests how to cover up cases of child molestation

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I dont think Obama cares truthfully. Hes just a puppet.
If the Government can make you buy healthcare, they can
make you buy something else.

Pity on those who are so blind such as yourself.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by MrXYZ

I dont think Obama cares truthfully. Hes just a puppet.
If the Government can make you buy healthcare, they can
make you buy something else.

Pity on those who are so blind such as yourself.

If you remember correctly, President Obama and the Democrats wanted a "single payer" and/or "public option," but we were refused a seat at the table. The personal mandate to purchase insurance from a private insurance carrier that was eventually adopted as part of the Affordable Care Act was a mainstay of the Heritage Foundation as well as the Republican party and it was they who inserted it into the plan. It is part of their "Privatize Everything" mentality. Might I add that this is the primary part of "ObamaCare" that is currently being scrutinized by the SCOTUS.

Sooner or later, you're going to be forced to accept the fact that's it's your own party who's instituting most of the policies that you so vehemently oppose.

And if you don't mind, I'll end it with a quote from your post; "Pity on those who are so blind such as yourself."

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Considering that I don't want taxes in the first place, why should I be upset when someone else gets out of paying what I should not?

Literally, this is a misery loves company conclusion, and people ought to be ashamed of themselves for thinking this way.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Your assumption is that I have a "party".
Get your facts straight first, then you can argue your points.

I dont have a party.

To address any substance in your post, that Obama and his minions
have any good intentions for the United States is proven false.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The GOP is a master of deflection! They say Democrats wage a war on women, when in reality they want to legislate what women can do with their bodies, and they also are against equalcpay for women. And sadly many fools fall for this. Not saying the Democrats are perfect, far from it, but the GOP is awholly owned subsidiary of corporate America...and that's infinitely worse.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Back the cart up ... My child was never abused by anyone. the VAST MAJORITY of children were never abused. Children in Catholic schools/churches are less likely to be abused then children in public schools. That's just the fact. And I NEVER said I look up to anyone. You really shouldn't take such massive leaps and assume things simply because I back the constitutional rights of Americans.

I would like to see some fact that you base the above quotes on. I attended a catholic school and I teach in a public school. I was also an alter boy for 6 years in the catholic church. What you don't realize, is that catholic schools are a "private institution," they're more secretive and will do what they can to prevent unwanted and negative press from tarnishing their self-righteous image. I've seen it with my own eyes! In fact my mother and sister taught at the same private elementary school in which I attended. As soon as questionable abuse arose in that school, teachers and even the Pastor of the church would be summoned to the school and they would squelch it and sweep it under the table. The things that I witnessed drove me away from the Catholic faith and religion all together.

I find your statement quite ridiculous. A public school is in the "public eye', they are held accountable for any abuse no matter how small, and are under law to report it. Private institutions, are still under some of these laws, but their school systems are small in comparison, and are less scrutinized than public schools. Some private schools still have corporal punishment. They also don't have to accept every student who knocks at their door. When they have troubled or disruptive students they're expelled, and who do you think ends up getting them? The good-ole public schools.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join