It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church Declares War on Obamacare. This Could Spell The End Of Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
I was born and raised Catholic.

But you don't seem to understand the Catholic faith or rules at all.

I don't see how Obama care is a violation of freedom of religion. It does not mandate that anyone be on contraceptives, only that they be available.

It mandates that the Catholic church make artificial birth control and abortion available ... that is against the Catholic faith. No one in the Catholic faith is allowed to help others partake of artificial birth control or abortion. It's considered a mortal sin. (punishable by hell-fire)

If the Catholic Church wants to be in the business of health care, it should have to follow the same rules as any other business.

The Catholic Church operates faith based OUTREACHES which are part of the church itself. Catholic Church hospitals. Catholic Church schools. All outreaches to be run in communion with the Church. To do otherwise would make them like secular institutions, which is not the purpose of the outreaches at all.

The Catholic Church outreaches ARE following the rules. They follow the US Constitution. The US Government is the one not following the rules and is the one overstepping. What the Obama administration wants to do is unconstitutional. It's just that simple.

The motive ... a power grab. The nanny state and gov't has to have it's fingerprints on everything and have everything under government control. You should be afraid of this power grab. If successful, they will move on to other things next ... it's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Faith scares them because it is something they can't govern, regulate, control, tax, or inhibit.

You SO NAILED IT! This is an unconstitutional power grab by the Obama Administration. It's all about control and power and TAXES. (gawd those far left wingers just luv hanging additional tax burdens on people). Everyone who enjoys freedom in the USA, and everyone who holds their constitutional rights dear, should be very afraid of what the government is trying to do. Unfortunately for some people, their anti-Catholic bias is getting in the way of them seeing this for what it is .... a huge power grab by the Obama administration.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok, so no offense intended to the miriad of replies and people for whom this is a hot button topic but; since when did right wing catholic fundamentalists ever vote for a left wing black man anyway? In todays world, and with his particular progressive voter base (including those who are just sick of meaningless social division) a few less ring kissers won't have any effect whatsoever. The very people that this set of fundies have alienated will vote left regardless.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
How about the ACLU or NAACP? They have the same tax status as the Catholic Church. Should they be silenced as well for their participation in political expression and opinion?

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by burntheships

I think any tax exempt religious institution that continues to involve itself in political matters should be denied tax exempt status. "If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." Churches are tax exempt under the principal that there is no surer way to destroy the free enterprise of religion than to tax it. If religious organizations continue to involve themselves in political issues and continue to support candidates, then they shouldn't have the right to suck money out of my pocket and every other tax paying citizen to cover their "tax exempt" status.

These religious organizations have a captured audience. A lot of them blindly follow whatever is preached to them. This gets under my skin as much as when a federal judge ruled corporations are considered people too.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
a few less ring kissers won't have any effect whatsoever.

You've missed the entire reason that this is so important. It's got NOTHING to do with how many votes Obama gets and it's got nothing to do with having 'less ring kissers'. It's got everything to do with constitutional rights being violated and the government overstepping in a power grab.

Paraphrase ...
First the came for the blacks, but I wasn't black so I did nothing.
Then they came for the Jews, but I wasn't Jewish so I did nothing.
Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't like them so I did nothing.
Then they came for me, but there was no one left to help me.

It's a constitutional issue .. not a 'ring kissing' issue.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It mandates that the Catholic church make artificial birth control and abortion available ... that is against the Catholic faith. No one in the Catholic faith is allowed to help others partake of artificial birth control or abortion. It's considered a mortal sin. (punishable by hell-fire)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

I'd like to post this right here.
What the catholic church seems to forget is that Congress may not allow one religious group to dictate public policy. They can't play favorites.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are ... you ... serious?????????

Have you SEEN the polls??? 82% of Catholics think birth control morally acceptable and think that insurers should pay for it AND that employers should be FORCED to provide it! And that's the Catholics. It is HIGHER among everyone else.

www.dailykos.com...

Oh my GOD are you clueless. No one cares about your silly little pedophile Church.

Wow. JUST wow.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I agree with that! If you let the foot in this door it's all over but the crying for freedom of belief, in whatever you want,
God or smurfs.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatherofMaat

Interesting poll. No mention of the use of abortifactants in that poll. Its all about the questioning...and the generic perception of Birth Control as a whole. Sadly, some people think that abortions are a means of birth control too. Sebelius dictates that abortifactants are somehow preventative care items.

Regardless, people are free to make their personal decisions (for now) and It's not the Federal govts. role to mandate to the religious organizations when such mandates raise a legitimate conflict.

Conscientious Objection is to be considered here.... This goes very deep.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For once I actually agree with the Catholic church. That is scary.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
On Monday, some of the most powerful and influential Catholic institutions in the country filed suit
against the Obama administration concerning the contraception mandate within Obamcare.
making one of the largest coordinated challenges to Obamcare to date.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa05f4523994.jpg[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan of New York,, in a May 21 statement applauded 43 dioceses,
hospitals, schools and church agencies for filing 12 lawsuits around the nation saying the
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services mandate violates religious freedom.

On Monday, 43 Catholic institutions filed lawsuits against the White House in protest at its
contraception mandate. The culture war just got hotter, and we just moved a few steps closer
to Obama’s eventual defeat

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

The plaintiffs include a host of schools and organizations, including the University of Notre
Dame and the Archdiociseof New York. The lawsuits, though related, were filed individually.

www.foxnews.com...

www.youtube.com...

The Obama administration was suprised.

Really?

edit on 22-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Sorry to disagree but I still have greater faith in the American People than I do in some religous nutjobs.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The church's total hypocrisy in moving the goalposts on getting in to heaven for the sake of politics kinda totally destroys their credibility

As one Catholic puts it
"By 1972, many priests and most Catholic women had given up on church rules on sexual conduct. When I volunteered at my obligatory pre-wedding confession that I used the pill, the priest said that would no longer deprive me of a state of grace."

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It is not really about obamacare it has to do with government over stepping its boundaries and someone is finally pushing back. people should support them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

it has to do with government over stepping its boundaries and someone is finally pushing back. people should support them.

Yes, and Obamacare is part of that overstepping.
They will gain a lot of support from those who would not normally.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The CC?? Really?? That same "boys' club that couldn't keep themselves from molesting young boys? That sáme fraternity that tried desperately to cover-up the depravity in their ranks?

Thát club wants to dictate what a woman cán and cannot do?( Like most religions, to be fair...)

Excuse me while I give those old farts a giant middle-finger with raspberry on top.

They lost Áll credibility as far as I am concerned. I wish we had a time-machine, so we could send them áll back to 1100. They would have lóved it there.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
[

TextI don't see how Obama care is a violation of freedom of religion. It does not mandate that anyone be on contraceptives, only that they be available.

Don't really understand what you are saying. Contraceptives are already available all over the world. Almost every little burg in the country has a pharmacy and internet source. Is it because Obama care wants this given out free at no charge to the people and in private owned institutions?

The thing that really ticks me is all of the Christian people including the Catholics. Since 1973 this country has murdered millions of children each year with hardly a champion to defend them. The Catholic church declares to be against this practice and then endorses the democratic party for their people to vote democrat. Been going on for over 40 years. The blacks are the same. They vote over 90 percent for the democrats knowing that their babies are murdered five to one over the other children. What kind of double talk is that?.

If murder is a sin then why is it okay to vote for the murderer (democrat party)? You can't have it both ways. If homosexuality and lesbianism is a sin then why allow it to flourish in your own house and vote for the party that condones it? If contraception is a sin then why allow it in your own institutions and vote the party that endorses it? If you put up with murder and sexual perversion then why not contraception? Don't really understand how the Christians have a leg to stand on. I'm looking at a bunch of hypocrites on this one.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deee2

To be honest, I can't figure what he is or what he supports.

He's an enigma, that's all I know for sure.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

He doesn't understand that by supplying contraceptives they are directly aiding in committing the sin which is and of itself a sin, to them. Your premise however, does not force the religious to commit sin by voting on a party who legalize sin - at least not in their eyes. Furthermore, I think that they, like most Americans, are tricked into thinking that the only choice they have is to vote based on the lesser of two evils concept.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I know it sounds as crazy but...
Would his actions make since if he were just a spokesman/puppet for the nwo?
I think so.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Obama is a puppet.. therefore he takes the fall for his puppet masters. He is told what to do and say; everyone else pays the price.. when the people and systems retaliate against the decisions made, Obama is the one who falls; not the puppet masters. They just re-elect a new president... Stop blaming the puppet, its the ones behind the curtain pulling the strings over American society (as well as other countries).

~ Love is an art

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join