It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church Declares War on Obamacare. This Could Spell The End Of Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by beezzer

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

That scares the living daylights out of them.

I wonder how many black budgets have been blown away by that.

Faith scares them because it is something they can't govern, regulate, control, tax, or inhibit.

It is why, no matter what type of government, no matter what type of society, control of that nature will ultimately fail.

Faith is the ultimate trump card.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.- Ron Paul

We really need to embrace this mindset.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Churches are tax exempt under the principal that there is no surer way to destroy the free enterprise of religion than to tax it.

Which then leads to the question; why do churches need any exemption if they're not being taxed? An exemption is the act of freeing one from an obligation, a duty, or a liability. In terms of taxation it would be liable. If a church is not liable for any tax, they need no exemption.

The exemption game is a shell game. It is a way to draw people and institutions into the liability game. Churches are not liable for any tax until they apply for tax exempt status. That application becomes prima facie evidence of their own self assessment of liability.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Faith scares them because it is something they can't govern, regulate, control, tax, or inhibit.

I use to believe that til some idiot in Washington started taxing the air we breathe.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

And if you register for this mess, you aren't allowed to back a politician as a non-profit organization.

Frankly, the most frustrating thing about this is for small congregations, you cannot guarantee that the people who made the charter are going to be the ones who worship there in 5-10 years--especially in transient communities. So the tax-exemption mess can be something that some other group burdened you with.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I would have thought following their recent " difficulties " the Catholic church in America would need to keep their heads down and their gobs shut for a very, very, long time...a period of penance, maybe ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Or ... it marks the end of the Catholic church, and other religious organisations.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

To someone who is irreligious, making a church pay for contraceptives should be about as idiotic as making a history museum or library pay for them. The real reason they're trying to get a church to do it is clear - its an attack on religion.

I'm not going to say Obama cause I don't think its actually his idea.

I think it's the nwo who are behind it. I think they want to attack religion with something that seems like it is in the interest of the people so that no one suspects its evil intent at weakening religion.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I think it's the nwo who are behind it. I think they want to attack religion with something that seems like it is in the interest of the people so that no one suspects its evil intent at weakening religion.

Lay off the doobie will ya?

"Evil intent" on weakening "religion", and the Catholic religion at that? Hundred million++ dead people turning in their graves. But how would you know or why would you care? It's the NWO!!! Illuminati!!! Aliens!!! Crop-circle-graffiti artists!!! Someone get this guy a diaper, I think he might soil himself.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

To someone who is irreligious, making a church pay for contraceptives should be about as idiotic as making a history museum or library pay for them. The real reason they're trying to get a church to do it is clear - its an attack on religion.

Are you aware the insurance companies will provide contraceptives free - - not costing the employer anything. Meaning the employer is not paying for contraceptives.

Are you also aware - - we are talking about employees that are not Catholic.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Are you aware the insurance companies will provide contraceptives free - - not costing the employer anything. Meaning the employer is not paying for contraceptives.

And are you aware, that this whole ordeal is a ploy by the Vatican in cooperation with their conservative, right wing buddies, to take the Catholic vote from Obama? The Catholic religion is a political tool just as Islam is.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hello Annee,

We haven't had the chance to chat for some time. Mind if I comment?

The trouble here is that many companies (and Church ministries) self-insure, they don't go through a separate insurance company. So it does cost those employers. What if an insurance company is run by a Catholic? He (or she) would have to pay.

By the way, the idea that it doesn't cost the employers anything. How does the insurance company pay for those things? Through premiums. Who pays premiums? Everybody, including the Church. It's like saying consumers don't pay for the taxes that the corporations pay.

Yep. But the Church objects to violating its conscience in assisting contraception and abortion. The employees can do what they want and remain employees, the Church doesn't want to provide help.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
If the Church can control their flock, then the contraceptive option shouldn't even be an issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The government is attempting to take a chunk of our religious freedom by telling the Church they have to pay for something that the Church defines as sinful.

Actually the church can choose to not support this, in which case the insurance company is required to provide contraceptive coverage free of charge. So the church doesn't have to pay. It's a win-win for the people. And if the church has control over their followers and if they have faith that their followers will not opt for birth control it becomes a non issue.

There is no war but what the Church creates.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Originally posted by Annee

Is it written in the bill that insurance rates can not be increased to cover the contraceptives?
To please the audience, should I have said provide instead of pay?
Are Catholics the only religious group?
Are these moot questions?

My point that it is an obvious attack on religion.
If you have to pick at irrelevant points to make a point I don't see the point.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

My point that it is an obvious attack on religion.
If you have to pick at irrelevant points to make a point I don't see the point.

You do realize certain religious laws were created to prevent the outbreak of disease to preserve tribes and clans from dying out?

Imagine if they had condoms back then.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Sure I'll bite. What sources have you got?
Be warned though. If it is not a well known documented source I'll probably write it off as the handy work of Satan.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I'll probably write it off as the handy work of Satan.

What do you want proof of?

How the right wing and the Catholics are great buddies? You want proof of that?

You want proof of how all the NWO nonsense is just that, nonsense?

Or do you want proof of how certain religious laws were created to prevent the outbreak of diseases?

I'm not giving anything to you, go look for it yourself. You are so great at finding out and believing how aliens live in which parts of which universe that I bet you can find information about matters so earthly all by yourself.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I was going to troll you back but I looked through some of your posts and now I can't bring myself to do it. I just want you to know that if you have patience with people and treat them with respect, more often than not, they will do the same for you.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If there's one organization on this planet that can take on the Executive Branch, it's the Catholic Church. When you control an entire continent for about a millennium, you know some pro tips.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

If he was honestly a closet Muslim, I think the support of Gay marriage would have never happened - They kill gay people whenever they can.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join