It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church Declares War on Obamacare. This Could Spell The End Of Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
On Monday, some of the most powerful and influential Catholic institutions in the country filed suit
against the Obama administration concerning the contraception mandate within Obamcare.
making one of the largest coordinated challenges to Obamcare to date.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa05f4523994.jpg[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan of New York,, in a May 21 statement applauded 43 dioceses,
hospitals, schools and church agencies for filing 12 lawsuits around the nation saying the
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services mandate violates religious freedom.

On Monday, 43 Catholic institutions filed lawsuits against the White House in protest at its
contraception mandate. The culture war just got hotter, and we just moved a few steps closer
to Obama’s eventual defeat

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

The plaintiffs include a host of schools and organizations, including the University of Notre
Dame and the Archdiociseof New York. The lawsuits, though related, were filed individually.

www.foxnews.com...

www.youtube.com...

The Obama administration was suprised.

Really?

edit on 22-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Obama (practically) declared war on the Catholic Church first.
The Catholic church is just returning the shot.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Do you think this is a one time event or has the Church decided to be more assertive (or defensive, or what's the word?) about its role in America? Perhaps by Obama crossing some line, the Church has been aroused from a slumber.

I can see why Obama believed that nothing would happen. It's been a long time since the Church stood up against a Democrat President. I wish I knew where it was going from here.

There are a lot of Catholics which don't follow the Church's teaching, so while this will hurt the President, I don't know how much.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oh, I would agree.

Obama has essentially declared war on the entire United States,
I think this is only the beginning.

Lets just hope its not the beginning of the end.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

There are a lot of Catholics which don't follow the Church's teaching, so while this will hurt the President, I don't know how much.

Well, its going to be very interesting, indeed.

Couple this together with the fact that many non religious people are done
with Obama, and then there are plenty of religious that are done with Obama
and they are not Catholic.

Couple that together with the news that Obama is the Original Birther...

Its not the Catholics that hold the power....its The Vatican

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Not only has the obama-care crap offended the Catholic Church but now he's approved the right of gay marriage.

I personally don't get into politics but obama has done nothing to support the Church. In fact, he's EXTREMELY controversial. Some wonder if he's a closet-muslim which would explain the lack of Christian like beliefs. Just a thought....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Well, it would be an understatement to say that Obama and his policies are controversial.

While I admit it was pretty brave of the Obama Admin to add the Vatican to
the list of top money laundering suspects....
www.catholic.org...

That may come back to bite him.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And the MSM is absolutely MUM! on this subject. How long can they hold out??

Link to the ignorance of ABC, NBC and CBS. As usual
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I think any tax exempt religious institution that continues to involve itself in political matters should be denied tax exempt status. "If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." Churches are tax exempt under the principal that there is no surer way to destroy the free enterprise of religion than to tax it. If religious organizations continue to involve themselves in political issues and continue to support candidates, then they shouldn't have the right to suck money out of my pocket and every other tax paying citizen to cover their "tax exempt" status.

These religious organizations have a captured audience. A lot of them blindly follow whatever is preached to them. This gets under my skin as much as when a federal judge ruled corporations are considered people too.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh, I wonder how are they managing to supress this? I mean the silence
is deafening. I found this news by way of some alternative source.

This will really turn the heat on, yet watching the news....you would never know!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

"Could Spell The End Of Obama"?
A little late for that. But there's always hope.
S+F

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I know how much. The Catholics who voted in the primaries in a state that MAJORITY favor Ron Paul? Voted Santorum, for being the most "Pro Life" "Christian" that was not involved with a "gay scandal". Go Louisiana. The Democrats that vote here in Catholic Country? They vote Republican more than half the time due to church influence.
edit on 22-5-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: forgot 1 word.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
And the MSM is absolutely MUM! on this subject. How long can they hold out??

How long have they played hide and seek with Fukushima?
How long can they hold out?
A while methinks.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Considering the separation of church and state and the constitutional right of freedom of religion and to worship as they see fit Obama messed up royally.

Let's hope they mobilize and sway the vote to get him out of office Obama has made a lot of "enemies" and if they stand in a united front they could very well kick the potus to the curb where he belongs.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Better now than after another 4 years. I dont think
we would recognize this country in 4 years as The United States Of America.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well said. Curbside he should be.
And yes, he has really pushed the envelope major on many issues.

Putting it mildly.

To be honest, I read 4 years ago he was prepared to hang his presidency
on Obamacare.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I barely recognize it now. But, yeah. Another four years simply isn't acceptable.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I cannot wait till Obama's term is over...oh well another four more years of seeing the conservatives whine just a little louder.

Who really cares what the catholic church thinks anyways...these are the same idiots who for years have hid child molesters.

Good for Obama...he need to distance himself from the protectors and hirers of child molesters.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Will someone explain that if the church dosen't pay for the pills and the church dosent distribute the pills and the chruch dosen't know who gets the pills - it is the churches business. Please explain the outrage.

BTW the distribution of birth control pills is not really the biggest part of the affordable health care bill

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

I'll bite. Its the problem that the State is telling the Chruch what to do.

Which is a no no.

Its not the Federal Governments right to make Catholics provide contraceptives
packages in Health Care.

And I am not Catholic, nor am I defending the Catholic Church.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join