It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America was invaded tomorrow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you for the History Lesson Slayer.

Sometimes a dose of reality,is needed.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJediLet's say they tried nuking us. We'd laser track/drone destroy most of those nukes before they got here. The rest may hit, but then that country would be wiped off the map before round 2's attacks.

Most of them? Not even close, it amazes how people can have so much confidence in a system like this. If China launched 200 missiles they would be lucky to destroy 20 of them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Throughout military history the side with Superior technology, Innovations and Tactics have very often won wars and or battles. Your claim that 'superior technology is NOT a decisive factor in any war' betrays your ignorance on the subject. Research military conquests and innovations. Not all Technological advantages come Microchip equipped.

With this just proves my point that you guys are just some "wannabe clever dudes". I can quote several historical events where the technological superiority worth absolutelly nothing. Since I know most americans are not familiar with basic knowledge like history, geography and reality, I will quote them:
1 - Fall of Constantinople: Even thou the city walls were really strong and it was defended by the tactically superior roman soldier and they after all were part of the once mighty roman empire, they were sieged and conquered by the "barbarians" Ottomans. What was the difference? Numbers, the Ottomans army was WAY larger than the one defending Constantinople. Plus the Ottomans had allied with several other groups. I can paint a similar scenario for nowadays: Ottomans = all islam ruled nations, allieds = Russian, Chinese and so forth.

2 - Bastille: Don't even mentioning that it was perpetrated by common people, not military...

3 - WWII: The Nazi defense lines for Berlin, were broke by the Red Army. At the time that americans reached Berlin the Red army was preparing to leave already. In other words. The Russians defeated the Nazis, conquered Berlin and left Germany, weeks before the American army reached Berlin and facing less vicious resistence. The Russian army was almost cashless. The soldiers equipment was not "top of line" and even so, they made it. By the way, more people died in eastern europe than the in all the nazis concentration camps combined.

4 - Egypt: One of your historical sources. They were crushed by the persians(nowadays Iran).

I could quote a couple more, but you get the point.

The sooner you get rid of the propaganda that US gov. sticks inside your brain, the sooner you will realize that your entire life, they lied to you and they will keep doing this because their message finds a lot of receptiveness in you.

The topic is "If America was invaded tomorrow...". Well, if America were invaded tomorrow, they would be caught completelly off guard, because they are too busy with several(unjustified) wars in middle-east, election and the lies broadcasted in TV. If it happens, it will take a couple of weeks for them even to believe it happened.

To enforce the argument about the american soldier being a complete coward, check out on youtube for the wikileaks video called "collateral murder", you will see how your tax money is used and how brave they are, not mentioning how respectfull they are regarding human life. But I pretty sure (if) you'll see it, you will have an excuse for it. You americans gotta face it, the entire world hates you, your "empire" is going down and there's nothing you could do to stop it now.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler

Throughout military history the side with Superior technology, Innovations and Tactics have very often won wars and or battles. Your claim that 'superior technology is NOT a decisive factor in any war' betrays your ignorance on the subject. Research military conquests and innovations. Not all Technological advantages come Microchip equipped.

With this just proves my point that you guys are just some "wannabe clever dudes". I can quote several historical events where the technological superiority worth absolutelly nothing.

Sun Tzu said...

"Every battle is won before it is fought"

The Art of War.

Which part of the following didn't you understand?

Throughout military history the side with Superior technology, Innovations and Tactics have very often won wars and or battles

I said "Often" that doesn't mean "Always" conversely your claim of...

History proven over and over again that superior technology is NOT a decisive factor in any war

Is total garbage. I'm sorry but thems the facts jack.

Since I know most americans are not familiar with basic knowledge like history, geography and reality, I will quote them:

Shall I start making sweeping generalizations as well?

1 - Fall of Constantinople: Even thou the city walls were really strong and it was defended by the tactically superior roman soldier and they after all were part of the once mighty roman empire, they were sieged and conquered by the "barbarians" Ottomans. What was the difference? Numbers, the Ottomans army was WAY larger than the one defending Constantinople. Plus the Ottomans had allied with several other groups. I can paint a similar scenario for nowadays: Ottomans = all islam ruled nations, allieds = Russian, Chinese and so forth.

ahhh..

Now I see. Well you have answered your own question. The Roman Empire was crumbling already due to many factors. Which you've seemed to have either forgotten or have selectively ignored, in any case lack of Superior technology wasn't one of them. In this case, Rome first split then succumbed to internal strife and corruption. Their long history of prowess on the battlefield and warfare coupled with their expert use of superior technology over their adversaries would be better described by my "Very Often" winning wars vs. your "Not a decisive factor in ANY war".

First, you make sweeping generalizations then, You chose to have selective memory of events and as I've stated previously leaving out historic facts, contributing factors and context.

2 - Bastille: Don't even mentioning that it was perpetrated by common people, not military...

Meanwhile, The vast majority of the military were made up of the people as well with family members in the crowds.

Moving on….

3 - WWII: The Nazi defense lines for Berlin, were broke by the Red Army. At the time that americans reached Berlin the Red army was preparing to leave already. In other words. The Russians defeated the Nazis, conquered Berlin and left Germany, weeks before the American army reached Berlin and facing less vicious resistence. The Russian army was almost cashless. The soldiers equipment was not "top of line" and even so, they made it. By the way, more people died in eastern europe than the in all the nazis concentration camps combined.

You really believe most of that crap don't you.
Knowing that you have a reoccurring flaw in your logic lets look at a couple of things you've again chose to ignore. Although I'll agree that the Russians were broke [Why wouldn't they be? The vast majority of their western territory was smashed and burned to the ground] Yet, the Russians were still able to introduce one of the best [If not THE Best] tanks of the war T-34. Which if you knew anything about the battles leading up to the fall of Berlin it proved to be simple but Superior technology which often turned the tide.

Superior technology doesn’t have to be sophisticated you know? By all accounts the T-34 was a simple yet Superior design in many ways on the Battlefield.
T-34

By October 1942 Life magazine wrote, "The best tanks in the world today are probably the Russian tanks..." The T-34 effectively made all German tanks produced to that date obsolete. In fact, at its height the T-34 was deemed so successful, and so capable in every role, that production of all other tanks except the IS-2 was stopped to allow all available resources to be used exclusively for this tank. The T-34 forced the Germans to adopt new, heavier designs such as the Panther and Tiger, which in turn forced upgrades to the Soviet, United States and British tank fleets.

Perhaps more significantly to the ultimate course of the war, the move to more complex and expensive German tank designs overwhelmed the already critically strained German tank-production capability, reducing the numbers of tanks available to German forces and thus helping to force Germany to surrender the initiative in the war to the Allies.

Meanwhile over on the Western front [which you dismissively and vaguely mention] the Western Allies had been systematically dismantling Germany’s Industrial heartland with around the clock bombardments. Further degrading their ability to produce armaments in comparable numbers. Which, if you knew anything about modern warfare during that period was critical.

4 - Egypt: One of your historical sources. They were crushed by the persians(nowadays Iran).

Yeah, you have selective memory

The sooner you get rid of the propaganda that US gov. sticks inside your brain, the sooner you will realize that your entire life, they lied to you and they will keep doing this because their message finds a lot of receptiveness in you.

So now this thread has become some sort of half ass social commentary? Give it a rest. I'm one of the biggest outspoken critics of my Government. My replies in this thread have not been to defend the US Gov. but rather, to simply and very easily I might add, expose your lack of understanding of the conversation's premise this threads has taken with regards to Superior technology winning wars, battles etc etc etc.

The topic is "If America was invaded tomorrow...". Well, if America were invaded tomorrow, they would be caught completelly off guard, because they are too busy with several(unjustified) wars in middle-east, election and the lies broadcasted in TV. If it happens, it will take a couple of weeks for them even to believe it happened.

It's called life. Although I'm not a supporter of the War in Afghanistan I do support the troops. They didn't declare the commencement of hostilities. Politicians do that. But please, feel free to continue spewing your version of events. You have that right.

Have at it big guy

To enforce the argument about the american soldier being a complete coward, check out on youtube for the wikileaks video called "collateral murder", you will see how your tax money is used and how brave they are, not mentioning how respectfull they are regarding human life. But I pretty sure (if) you'll see it, you will have an excuse for it. You americans gotta face it, the entire world hates you, your "empire" is going down and there's nothing you could do to stop it now.

This last paragraph pretty much sums up your obvious agenda for me while you lamely attempt to speak for all 7.8 Billion people on Terra Firma.

Youtube propaganda videos and resentments….

Bad Ju-Ju

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Lets make a deal, whenever TSHTF, then (if internet is available), we come back to this very thread and you argument again about superiority or inferiority. Are you sure you and your family are going to survive to tell? I live in a place where nothing happens and sometimes months passes until we see a living soul besides our family and some(rare) neighboors, which live about 5 hours driving from my house. How do I use internet? Dedicated RF link. That's why it takes a while for me to answer.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

Assumptive reply.

If TSHTF what makes you assume that Inferior or superior technology will be a deciding or contributing factor? But, I'll call your bluff. Sure, We can revisit this thread. Now, In the meantime I'll enjoy all that life has to offer which further degrades my liver.

Bottoms up.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If TSHTF what makes you assume that Inferior or superior technology will be a deciding or contributing factor? But, I'll call your bluff. Sure, We can revisit this thread. Now, In the meantime I'll enjoy all that life has to offer which further degrades my liver.

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If America was invaded tomorrow ? -- you are a little late -- the first signs of infiltation was around 1953. about the same time it became evident that UFO's are real, to the average citizen - even the president had to make a press conference. (research WWII UFO LA engagement) let me state - since 1956, We seem to be on a path of destruction of human freedom... and now we are encroaching on extermination - having said that, I can not find a period of time in which the government has existed that man has been free. it just degrees of control that continues to make life not worth living... it use to come in teaspoons and now it comes in 5 gallon buckets. and soon it will be a fire hose of detrimental fascism.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If america was Invaded ....

What goes around comes around..........

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler

With this just proves my point that you guys are just some "wannabe clever dudes". I can quote several historical events where the technological superiority worth absolutelly nothing. Since I know most americans are not familiar with basic knowledge like history, geography and reality, I will quote them:

more than half the so called "quotes" you listed are total bull, and appear to be quotes you garnered from Wikipedia or something similar to wiki, in other words some idiots interpretation of history that they were allowed to post as a fact even though it is no where close to the truth. as for the USA going down, doubtful without the rest of the starving, world going down too... Face it hater, the rest of the lousy world sucks on the tit of the USA including the all of the other advanced countries in the world.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

more than half the so called "quotes" you listed are total bull, and appear to be quotes you garnered from Wikipedia or something similar to wiki, in other words some idiots interpretation of history that they were allowed to post as a fact even though it is no where close to the truth. as for the USA going down, doubtful without the rest of the starving, world going down too... Face it hater, the rest of the lousy world sucks on the tit of the USA including the all of the other advanced countries in the world.

Like said in a previous entry: What goes around, comes around. And do you really think USA is THAT well? Face it, look around you, you will see many signs that USA is not that powerfull anymore, if you can't see it, I can tell you to open your eyes, things are getting bad and they will get even worst.

I think that "the end" of america will not be by means of violence like a war(as so to speak), but a silent political/economical/social disrupt. But even so, most americans will refuse to believe it, pride is too strong to admit defeat even with the beak of the vulture slashing your guts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So the Ottomans having the biggest damned siege cannons ever was not a technological advantage against a already long fallen Byzantium? Constantinople was the last holdout. All that kept the city from falling was their famous walls and control of the Bosporus. The great bombards kind of negated their advantage of the walls.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

LOL!!! wow that's funny, vultures slashing your guts ha ha ha ha...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

There is currently not a country on this planet that
could succesfully invade the U.S.A.. People over here are crazy, lol. Is all we need is a reason to kill someone besides each other

I would love to see them try tho... If you think the cities will be tough for an invading army wait till they start marching thru rural areas in our states ... Good luck with that. Thing is I'm not even talking about our military, hahaha =p

edit on 25-5-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'd give them a cell phone with cool games and stuff and they'd chill on my couch and watch seinfeld with me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join