It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America was invaded tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lets say that America is invaded by some foreign country whether it be China Iran or someone else what would you do would you take up arms against the invaders would you run away or would you simply join in and accept your new leaders?
Me personally it depends on who invades and what there intentions are also it is important to consider that the people who invade are most likely mislead about why there fighting and the cause of the war and some of them might just be trying to help thinking that America needs to convert to there ways of government Kind of like when America invades a country to install a democracy
edit on 22-5-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
People watch way too much TV. Any foreign "invasion" would not happen by an army of ships and planes attacking like Pearl Harbor and what not. The invasion would be white collar.

Let's say China sends over 200 battleships and 1 million soldiers to invade the USA.
For one, we would detect them waaaay before they got here, and we'd drone the Hell out of them while they're still at sea. By the time they reached us they'd have so few military forces left that Rhode Island alone could wipe the rest of them out.

Let's say they tried nuking us. We'd laser track/drone destroy most of those nukes before they got here. The rest may hit, but then that country would be wiped off the map before round 2's attacks.

The chances of a scenario like the movies is non existent. White collar - corporate invasions, which have already happened.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hmm, that's kind of an interesting concept, someone invading the US to protect/save us from our corrupted government. Seeing as though America does that as a hobby, we really can't argue the logic.

I guess in that instance I would hold my fire, bury my guns in the woods for later use and see how things play out.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the only 'invasion' that could occur is internal, enemies within.
if that happened and they relinquished our defensive capabilities, THEN the other countries could make their attack,

I would be making my way to the front line.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If we were to be attacked it would be from sleeper cells here already. Not from the air, not by land and not by sea, it would be logistical nightmare to attack us that way. Not enough blue water navies out there that could effectively handle the support logistics to carry it out.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
Lets say that America is invaded by some foreign country whether it be China Iran or someone else what would you do would you take up arms against the invaders would you run away or would you simply join in and accept your new leaders?

My first knee jerk response would be to step away from the Xbox360/PS3 and take a deep breath. Then go for a long walk in the fresh air in the real world and meet some of my neighbors.

Me personally it depends on who invades and what there intentions are also it is important to consider that the people who invade are most likely mislead about why there fighting and the cause of the war and some of them might just be trying to help thinking that America needs to convert to there ways of government Kind of like when America invades a country to install a democracy

Me too.

If they were Chinese I'd fight to the bitter end. They'll just start buying up the place. Move large amounts of currency into the political arena, economy and Government to gain clout etc.

Oh, wait umm.. Never mind

If it were Iran I'd happily submit to Sharia Law.

Why not, either that or just turn off the Xbox360/PS3 and go for a long walk in the fresh air and meet some of my neighbors in the real world.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Huh
We've already been invaded.. no one took up arms. Story over.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would be making I.E.D.s and improvised provisions.. Fighting for my loved ones.

Wait a minutes it sounds just like the guys who are killing our boys overseas.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Any actual overt invasion would not occur against America as it is today. In the wake of an enormous catastrophe, maybe, but then it would probably be in the form of a government taking control of various urban centers and the surrounding areas ostensibly for humanitarian reasons. If in the future America Balkanizes (that is splits into multiple infighting countries) after becoming a failed state I could see foreign governments potentially taking advantage of the chaos and taking chunks off these smaller states. But there is too much logistical and military advantage on the side of the US for any overt invasion to be currently viable. This isn't even taking into account the American irregular forces that will inevitably form should a foreign power get troops on terra firma. You could bet that the US government would send green berets into occupied and adjacent areas to organize resistance and train and equip citizens to fight.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

There's many variables to be taken into consideration, but void of those... and generally speaking.

I would contact the national guard, as well as any and all militias that can be found near by. I would then find the required intelligence as to where the battle lines are. Contact friends and family, as to developing a strategy that allows for sustainability, such as food, water, and energy.

If it was an obvious all out ground force attack, and near my house. My house would be fortified beyond recognition. As well, would the surrounding neighbors and community. With all access points and topography to be considered as to heading off any advancements of troops.

There would be set means of communication, that aren't dependent on technologies. Since this is farm country, there assuredly be a form of horseback message service That is, if the situation every arises that make this necessary.

This is of course dependent on context of what is transpiring.

The only answer may just be as simple as joining the army...

There is no way in hell that I would sit there, and accept my new leaders. We choose who are leaders our... If someone wants to come in a point guns in establishing my leader, they have another thing coming. It could be argued that we don't have a choice as is... but I still have a voice, and in the end of the day, it makes a difference. Well my voice is null and void when a country comes in to establish a new leader for me.

This is our country, we screw it up, we fix it... If another country doesn't like it... good luck. The means of defense the US is capable of will destroy any invading country. I mean... cmon, we have 90 guns to every 100 people... that's 90% of what? 320 Million People. Something like 275,000,000 guns. Now if each of those guns successfully injures 3 or 4 invading soldiers.... we're talking 1 Billion. That's just guns... not even military, or rockets, missiles, nukes, tanks, choppers, flying monkeys and slingshots.

Good luck invading country... you'll need it.

They'll probably never make it 100 miles inland.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

You mean the Kazakhs Chechens Turkmen Indonesians Lebanese, and other foreigners who make up the majority of insurgents in Afghanistan who enforce Taliban rule through murder, torture, and mutilation? Who pour acid on girl's faces for daring to attend a school? There are no good guys in that war, or any war.

I think the Afghans want peace, to be able to raise a family and live profitably. Neither side is furthering that goal. I think that if the coalition leaves the Afghan people will be able to throw off the yoke of the Taliban in their own time. They have defeated many oppressors in their history. They were nearly there with the Northern Alliance in the late ninties, but the Clinton administration advised them to surrender to the Taliban. If we had aided the Northern Alliance, who I respect greatly, there could have been an Afghanistan by and for Afghans. We failed them then and continue to fail them.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'd sit right here and write threads and post how evil those invaders are then i'd go play some xbox and quit then go watch some Jersey shore or American idol!.
edit on 22-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Agreed.

All the Cool kids are doing it

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Zaanny

You mean the Kazakhs Chechens Turkmen Indonesians Lebanese, and other foreigners who make up the majority of insurgents in Afghanistan who enforce Taliban rule through murder, torture, and mutilation? Who pour acid on girl's faces for daring to attend a school? There are no good guys in that war, or any war.

My point exactly.

We shouldn't even be there

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The FIRST thing I'd do is remind Obama that surrender is NOT the first stage of a counter-attack.

Then I'd watch Idol.
(finals this week)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well...I'm not sure.

Historically I've always thought I would "stand and fight"...but I kinda got to wonder if that's still a good idea. Assuming the idea would be to force the United States a Chinese-style govt/culture...wouldn't this be more of a "liberation" than an "invasion?"

As it stands a citizen in the United States is 20.833 times more likely to be imprisoned in the United States than a Chinese citizen is. Currently, the US makes up 4.29% of the global population, yet we have 25% of all of the world's prisoners...and presumably we are still planning on filling up those hundreds and hundreds of concentration camps with SOMEBODY, right? Christ almighty...maybe we'll get lucky and the Chinese or the Russians will show up and set us all free.

I think a lot of American's take for granted just how bad they really have it these days.

I suppose it would depend on the particular circumstances of the "invasion" and whether or not I thought foreign occupation would more or less detrimental to the traditional American way of life and the Constitution than our own government is.

Right now...it's pretty hard to say.
edit on 22-5-2012 by milominderbinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I guess it all would depend on who invaded us.

China?
Fight.

Planet of The Hot Vixen Babes?
Surrender and curl at their feet.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by ninjas4321

Ha! I dont think it will be long. If you guys get any more homeless people living on the streets and in tent cities then the world is going to have to take refugees and set up an Aid Camp.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
what ever the answer is, per scenario, we better find a real world answer.

I mean, air does nothing for pulling food on the table.

I think its time for a real change.

you take my PS2 and I get the XBOX360 for a while

ETA: after further review, I sold the PS2 at a year sale last summer for gas money
edit on 22-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Geez kids!!

Obviously anyone here who would rather side with and become Iranian or Chinese hasnt visted either country. What a joke.

Oh yeah, the entire premise is predicated on a falsehood anyway. No other military on the planet has the hardware or logistics to mount a cross seas invasion of America. Being on this side of the pond gives America a HUGE geographical edge not to mention the US's military advantage itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join