It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five reasons why gay marriage is a basic, conservative value

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
small groups of communists tend to get taken over by capitalist or larger groups of communists or are *supported* by larger groups, but in isolation they fail because even if they are resourceful they would be militarily weak. Also, resources can pose a problem if they do not cooperate with other forms of government around them who do not ascribe to their ideas. However, if they *were* supported by larger government around them, there would be many similarities in their governing style regardless of what it's called. This is why I think that if certain forms of government that contained some communist ideas were to succeed, They would need to cover a good portion of the world to cover a large variety of resources for successful trade operations or so that they could successfully fend off the next big guy on the block whatever form of government it would be... unless they caved into that other governments ideals for the sake of trade.

that's why i say "half the world"...and it's pretty much happening... and they are taking on capitalism and one will be the victor.

on the other hand, if there were no greedy invading countries to worry about... then small groups of communists could be very successful, but any time something is successful... it's taken over unless someone stops it.

but not to derail...

since we might get bought out by China soon
... maybe someone should look up the laws over there about gay marriage. In the future it could be more important than looking at the stance of current leaders, lol.
edit on 25-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I don't get the small group communism love some people have. If you want to go live in a commune fine, but I'd rather live in a larger, more dynamic and vibrant society. Gotta go capitalist then.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I don't get the small group communism love some people have. If you want to go live in a commune fine, but I'd rather live in a larger, more dynamic and vibrant society. Gotta go capitalist then.

well.. i wasn't really referring to communes because they reside under an actual form of government... but i don't think they are so bad. i'm not saying i would move to one but each to his own on that. i see that more as a lifestyle. It can be quite efficient.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
ya know what, I've never bothered looking into what communists do and don't believe because I wasn't really very interested,... from what I've seen, they appear to be MUCH better than capitalists, maybe we should look at them more closely. Is that what you were shooting for? If so, then WIN, if not, then EPIC FAIL!
Heck, just about anything would be better than this failing capitalism where the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and anyone that's in between just pays for it all.

There is nothing wrong with Purist Communism (other then it requires full commitment and agreement). I can't see it working beyond a smaller group who has agreed to the terms.

However. Most people that throw Communism into a conversation - - - haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Yeah, I'm kinda messin with his head

Communism only became a "dirty word" beause of the cold war... they have no idea what it is or what it means, they just know they hate it. Kinda like kids and broccoli.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

And btw, if it's relevant that you have "looked into" the law and that you are old. It's relevant that the person you're speaking to is actually knowledgable and not Santa clause

Speak straight. We'll get along just fine.

Are you aware you misspelled Knowledgeable? I realized nitpicking spelling on a blog is annoying. But you are trying to prove your intelligence and expertise to me.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
the frightening part is the lack of any say so... no democracy. someone will always be making the rules though, no matter what... even in democracy as we are plainly seeing... and it isn't US.

The good thing is, smart people... i mean truly clever people are the one's likely to succeed and possible the one's we actually WANT to have succeed.

On one hand it's terrible that so many under communist rule just can't decide so many things... on the other hand, government is evolving into... *something*... there will eventually have to be a one world system. It would have to have very similar laws and rights for everyone, but some very rigid ideas about resources. I think that once this one world government is in place... when the time is right, by the most clever who have figured out how to undermine all other forms of government, then we can have a true democracy. Yes, i know it sounds very abstract but it encompasses many things we are seeing... such as the construction of a world wide data base. What I think will eventually happen if mankind is to survive (i think it is inevitable if he doesn't destroy himself)...is that some things will be decided on and partitioned and compartmentalized in a sort of communist type manner... then the data bases will become totally open after trade is perfected... and all will have connection to that data base and all will have a say. No monopolies, no capitalism... equal division of resources documented and grandfathered in... and then an open free data base of up keeping those universal laws and judgments. a system truly run by we the people once a bunch of intelligent and fair incorruptible hard asses install it.

and if not, we'll kill each other and destroy the earth through corruption.

I think all forms of government are important for the understanding and formation of this eventual government... or it's complete destruction.

EDIT... this was meant to quote purplechiton... and if this isn't perfect grammar or spelling, you should see where I'm typing from, lol.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
small groups of communists tend to get taken over by capitalist or larger groups of communists or are *supported* by larger groups, . .

Isn't that generally the norm for any small group?

Isn't that why its important to recognize the US is a Democratic Republic - - -not a Democracy?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Think about what you're saying. Don't you think there was SOMEONE prior to the civil rights act or the FHA or the ADA, etc, whose position was "well I'm personally against those kinds of discrimination but we shouldn't take federal action to remedy them"? Do we remember those people's positions as historic? No. And likewise obama's position will go down as one of those wishy washy politically motivated positions.

And btw, if it's relevant that you have "looked into" the law and that you are old. It's relevant that the person you're speaking to is actually knowledgable and not Santa clause

Obama is not "them" people.

He is the President of the United States.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

small groups of communists tend to get taken over by capitalist or larger groups of communists or are *supported* by larger groups, . .

Isn't that why its important to recognize the US is a Democratic Republic - - -not a Democracy?

yes, it is generally the norm by any small group.

As for what you call government, I really don't see what that has to do with small groups of communists.

As for statements to others about bad spelling being a sign of intelligence, why would you even go there? A 65 year old should be familiar with the term "dyslexia" Other than expressing disappointment and discouragement for what I was thinking could be an interesting conversation, that's all I want to say.

Anybody want to lone me a chair? No, forget it... It won't fit in here beside these stacks of bins next to me and the layer of bins my mat is on which is on top of this contraption i made with 2 by 4s, sitting cross ways from that piece of scrap marine tough polyurethane that my broken keyboard sits on top of. Yeah, it's damn near excruciating and yeah, I get sick and tired of sitting up and twisted like this to edit. Not to mention the mosquitoes which have gotten in through the cracks on the doors and if it weren't so damn hot outside... I'd go outside and do something much more productive than reading posts where people are equating spelling to intelligence.

What a disappointment.

Why don't you just argue with the gay bashers yourself.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

yes, it is generally the norm by any small group.

As for what you call government, I really don't see what that has to do with small groups of communists.

As for statements to others about bad spelling being a sign of intelligence, why would you even go there? A 65 year old should be familiar with the term "dyslexia" Other than expressing disappointment and discouragement for what I was thinking could be an interesting conversation, that's all I want to say.

Anybody want to lone me a chair? No, forget it... It won't fit in here beside these stacks of bins next to me and the layer of bins my mat is on which is on top of this contraption i made with 2 by 4s, sitting cross ways from that piece of scrap marine tough polyurethane that my broken keyboard sits on top of. Yeah, it's damn near excruciating and yeah, I get sick and tired of sitting up and twisted like this to edit. Not to mention the mosquitoes which have gotten in through the cracks on the doors and if it weren't so damn hot outside... I'd go outside and do something much more productive than reading posts where people are equating spelling to intelligence.

What a disappointment.

Why don't you just argue with the gay bashers yourself.

well what are you doing in the amazonian jungle anyway?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

HA HA HA

I'm not the one who started the little "slamola" diatribe game of "Who's Smarter then a 65 Year Old".

Nope - Nada - - - that would be the other guy.

I didn't want him to think he was playing alone.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
... I'm not. I'm in the US.

Long story, don't want to rehash it. I'd go inside the house nearby but there is literally nowhere to sit anything and the stuff in there isn't mine so I leave it alone. I just use the restroom and the appliances and the electricity.

Personally, I think typing errors are piddly stuff if it is an honest mistake, but when people come in here purposefully typing like they are from outer space or something- they've got way too much time on their hands.

As for my notorious use of this "..."

I will never... NEVER... EVER... stop using that.

... or sarcasm.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

HA HA HA

I'm not the one who started the little "slamola" diatribe game of "Who's Smarter then a 65 Year Old".

Now I think you are being extremely paranoid.

If your feelings are getting hurt because I pointed out to you that small groups of communists do not work, it is simply because you mentioned communism after *I* mentioned it. You also used the term "mumble jumble" on the exact same page after *I* used "mumbo jumbo"... to indirectly correct me on two points. rather than taking offense I merely clarified my point by saying that only large groups of communism works, which is pretty much a fact for very obvious reasons.

I was just clarifying a point that you seemed to want to take and run with.

This is not about *my* ego dear, it is about YOURS. It's very plain to see this now. This is why I am no longer interested in talking to you. You have some kind of confidence issue going on. I wasn't even talking to you when I brought up communism, but I have known a lot of people like this who feel hurt and threatened by the insight of others and so they start attacking it in veiled ways... and it is clear you are truly threatened or you wouldn't have said anything about me trying to trump you in intelligence. that simply hasn't happened. You are just imagining that when I came into this thread to post, that it must have had something to do with YOU I guess.

Not so. not so AT ALL.
I'm sorry that you take posts not directed to you as a personal attack.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

HA HA HA

If your feelings are getting hurt because I pointed out to you that small groups of communists do not work, it is simply because you mentioned communism after *I* mentioned it. You also used the term "mumble jumble" on the exact same page after *I* used "mumbo jumbo"... to indirectly correct me on two points. rather than taking offense I merely clarified my point by saying that only large groups of communism works, which is pretty much a fact for very obvious reasons.

This is not about *my* ego dear, it is about YOURS. It's very plain to see this now. This is why I am no longer interested in talking to you. You have some kind of confidence issue going on. I wasn't even talking to you when I brought up communism, but I have known a lot of people like this who feel hurt and threatened by the insight of others and so they start attacking it in veiled ways... and it is clear you are truly threatened or you wouldn't have said anything about me trying to trump you in intelligence. that simply hasn't happened. You are just imagining that when I came into this thread to post, that it must have had something to do with YOU I guess.

Not so. not so AT ALL.

You do realize that she was talking to someone else about the spelling, right?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When I made my point about large groups of communists, I was not being out of the way at all.

In no way, shape or form. I was just carrying on the conversation. I had no idea that a contrast in thought would result in such feelings of threat where I have no idea even originated from.

here's what I think happened...

I DID make a smart aleck post to WHO KNOWS... but didn't quote it because that person was making numerous posts and it was directed to them all. In my opinion, it is very obvious who i was talking to.

What I think has happened is that annee has been thinking this whole time that it could perhaps be directed to her in some way because it was posted right beneath hers and contained a great deal of sarcasm and she simply misunderstood it, yet knowing that it could mean something besides an attack on her... she chose to echo some of my comments in contrasting ways, so I clarified. Now she is offended and thinks this is some type of intelligence contest... as though I'm mocking her or something.

Well... I DO take offense when someone starts nitpicking honest typos and equating that to anyone's intelligence, including my own.

What WAS an interesting an insightful conversation and a stream of making homophobes look silly has turned completely petty and uninteresting. How productive.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

HA HA HA

Not so. not so AT ALL.

ummm... she wasn't really talking to you, so it's probably your ego, not hers.... just sayin

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

When I made my point about large groups of communists, I was not being out of the way at all.

In no way, shape or form. I was just carrying on the conversation. I had no idea that a contrast in thought would result in such feelings of threat where I have no idea even originated from.

here's what I think happened...

I DID make a smart aleck post to WHO KNOWS... but didn't quote it because that person was making numerous posts and it was directed to them all. In my opinion, it is very obvious who i was talking to.

What I think has happened is that annee has been thinking this whole time that it could perhaps be directed to her in some way because it was posted right beneath hers and contained a great deal of sarcasm and she simply misunderstood it, yet knowing that it could mean something besides an attack on her... she chose to echo some of my comments in contrasting ways, so I clarified. Now she is offended and thinks this is some type of intelligence contest... as though I'm mocking her or something.

Well... I DO take offense when someone starts nitpicking honest typos and equating that to anyone's intelligence, including my own.

What WAS an interesting an insightful conversation and a stream of making homophobes look silly has turned completely petty and uninteresting. How productive.

just because you know what you are wanting to say and who you want to say it to doesn't mean that your thought process gets displayed in your writing... trying to find a nice way to say "you're not making any sense at all" just in case that didn't get through to you yet

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

yes, I do. Is this supposed to make it any less petty?

She was also talking to someone else when she echoed the issued I had brought up, not to mention the term "mumble jumble"

I mentioned nothing of these things until quoted me with some completely unrelated points about democracy and it is very transparent that she really just wants to argue and make contrasting points, by whatever means she can find.

When I came into this thread, it was clear who i was talking to and very clear what point I was making and it was about the SUBJECT... not her. It seems like she does think so though and chose to explore this.

Now I have no idea what she is trying to say.

Isn't that generally the case for small government?...she says. Does it need to be repeated?

What is she saying?... and then she mentions a contrast of two different descriptions of democracy as if it is important at all or as if it is even relevant to what was being said.

this isn't a contest. I was originally just explaining my stance on communism since whoknows brought it into this thread and I commented on HIS LINK. this is not meant for her to take as a personal contest.

*I* am a bad speller. yes *I* take offense. I also have a lot of common sense and see when people are choosing to take things as though it's a competition of intelligence.

It's about the issues, not how smart it does or does not make you look. Nobody is getting brownie points in here for being the best speller or using the correct made up term.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

HA HA HA

Not so. not so AT ALL.

ummm... she wasn't really talking to you, so it's probably your ego, not hers.... just sayin

She was talking DIRECTLY to me when making two very moot points in the context of meaningless argumnt.

Furthermore, If a black person hears another black person get called the N word, does that mean they should say "oh, he wasn't talking to me"

trust me, I know how many errors I make and I also know how petty it is to get onto someone's spelling and If i want to state my opinion on that, I have every right.

Furthermore, I wasn't talking to YOU.

Get what I'm saying?

You wanna preach it, you PRACTICE it.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join