It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I Found This Strange Photograph....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
...while lurking an image board. It is of an armed forces prep-op on an airfield. The camouflage pattern on the servicemens' uniform is unidentifiable, as are any combat-related patches, unit insignia, or country of service. But the main thing that stands out about this photo is what is being carted on that utility vehicle. It appears to be a missile of some sort brandishing the logo and markings of an American Airliner jet. What is even stranger is that the eyes of the uniformed personnel have been censored.

I used Tineye to investigate the potential origins of this photo, and the results were strange as well. The search returned 2 pages of the image on various foreign sites, some Russian, some Chinese. Some even turned up on a 9/11 conspiracy blog. I noticed that over half of the photos that turned up in the search were similar to the photo in this post, but the missile object in the photo did not have the A'A decals, nor were the eyes of the uniformed personnel censored. Also, the photo quality between the photo I found sometimes differs from the ones that turned up in my search. I bet this can be summed up to a hoax, but it would be interesting to find out more about this photo....in case there is something someone missed here.

Here are my search results on Tineye.

You helped me once before ATS, let's figure this out!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
After looking at the Tineye link, I'm pretty sure that this is a Photoshop picture...but I'll leave it to the ATS experts for further analysis. Good find either way, you never know what may be floating around in cyberspace, and it never hurts to ask about the authenicity of a picture....I did notice that in some of the pictures, the red and blue strips are missing as well.
edit on 22-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaeus
I bet this can be summed up to a hoax,

I think you've worked it out yourself. In any case, this cruise missile wouldnt have been large enough to account for the alleged strike on 911.

Originally posted by Amaeus
Some even turned up on a 9/11 conspiracy blog.

But a lot of 911 truthers dont care. Like a lot of UFO "researchers", any evidence at all will be added to the pile, good or bad, because quantity is all that matters.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Thanks for your insight, I am starting to lean towards the Photoshop explanation as well. But, as you said, a second look never hurts.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Someone here is going to say that this is what was used for the 911.

Countdown in 3, 2, 1 .....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well, the second I saw this, I immediately envisioned the perfectly round hole in the Pentagon. But, what I was thinking was that maybe who ever shopped the photo to have the A'A markings on the missile may have been on to something.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say hoax...

What would the point be, in designing such a thing? What.. are people supposed to be tricked by a missile or bomb looking thing, painted as a airplane that is 1/1000th scale of the real thing?

This is laughable, and disgusting.

This should be posted on GLP, they'd go crazy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

It obviously was used for 911. Just look at the thing, an AA missile. Seems weird doesn't it. Yep, definitely a missile which was used in 911.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

But a lot of 911 truthers dont care. Like a lot of UFO "researchers", any evidence at all will be added to the pile, good or bad, because quantity is all that matters.

No, you are making wild assumptions, the people researching 9/11 would rather the evidence be quality, and quantity is only good if it's quality to start with.

It's pointless trying to debate something about 9/11 if you something has no substance. You obviously have an incorrect view of most 9/11 researchers.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

What would the point be, in designing such a thing? What.. are people supposed to be tricked by a missile or bomb looking thing, painted as a airplane that is 1/1000th scale of the real thing?

What is digusting about it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Either that, or they'll say this fake photo was released by sinister secret agents to discredit the truthers and make them look silly.

In other words, to the truthers, when it isn't a conspiracy, it only means it really IS a conspiracy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know that the tail markings would place this plane out of either Michigan or North Dakota, depening on whether it says MT or MI...Can't really tell. I also know that Air Mobility Command aircraft do not have tail numbers like this. The thing I am not sure of is whether they ever change these letters on the tail, or if they remain the same every year. I believe they remain the same. I know this because I only got out of the USAF a handful of years ago.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Either that, or they'll say this fake photo was released by sinister secret agents to discredit the truthers and make them look silly.

In other words, to the truthers, when it isn't a conspiracy, it only means it really IS a conspiracy.

No one has ever mentioned sinister secret agents! That comes from the depths of your own mind.

We generally only discuss real tangible evidence, this could be a hoax, or could not be, most serious 9/11 researchers would not think too much into this, esecially without more to back it up. Why you are thinking too much into it god only knows!

The thing is dave, a conspiracy means that people have conspired together to commit a criminal act, and with 9/11 it was not achieved by a lone person, so yes it's a conspiracy all right! A real conspiracy, no theory, just hard facts. You are obviously a sheeple believing what the tv tells you! You expect to be taken seriously when you get all your intelligence/research from a tv! Hahaha!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

Umm...

The fact that it is obviously a hoax, which was most likely done in reference towards 9/11.

That if it it is a hoax, that someone actually took the time to create it in the first place, which was most likely done in reference towards 9/11.

It's deceitful, ill mannered, and disrespectful on all fronts as in relation to the sensitive nature that is war.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm a Photoshop user (but not expert) and looking at the 2 photos I'd say that the second version (without lettering) is the edited image. This is due to the blurred areas where the letters have been removed and replaced with the clone/stamp tool.
I could be wrong here, so I'm open to other ideas.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

you said it. lol.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

Umm...

The fact that it is obviously a hoax, which was most likely done in reference towards 9/11.

That if it it is a hoax, that someone actually took the time to create it in the first place, which was most likely done in reference towards 9/11.

It's deceitful, ill mannered, and disrespectful on all fronts as in relation to the sensitive nature that is war.

9/11 & war disgust me, they are deceitful and disrespectful to all humanity.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofhearts

So what you are saying is, according to your analysis, the photograph WITHOUT the A'A markings is the photo that was photoshopped?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofhearts
I'm a Photoshop user (but not expert) and looking at the 2 photos I'd say that the second version (without lettering) is the edited image. This is due to the blurred areas where the letters have been removed and replaced with the clone/stamp tool.
I could be wrong here, so I'm open to other ideas.

Can anyone else confirm this?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Clearly the original is the undecaled pic. Someone with poor taste but good ps skills added AA decals the outline of a door too, then added some gain and noise . Cover up the guys identities to make it look confidential and voila

top topics

<<   2 >>

join