It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of us will change the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That is, none of us will change the world in a way that will satisfy most of you, sadly.

A frequent theme i come across here is people self righteously boasting about being enlightened, yet still in need of a serious dose of reality. There is no single human being that will rise up and fix everything, and yes, i'm sorry but that includes Ron Paul.

If you look around for a minute, you will realize your life is not the terrible hell that many here describe the world around them as. And the odds are very high even with the insanity within our government these days, that you still have it better than many, MANY other people/places in the world.

So, If you want to make the world a better place, instead of stressing yourself to an early grave trying for instant change through anger: help your family, help an elderly person carry their groceries, smile at someone for no reason.

In a time where anger is so prevalent, don't forget that kindness is still the most powerful weapon you will ever own.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I change the world everyday. I'm a superhero.

Today I taught a child how to subtract two digit numbers with regrouping. The lightbulb came on and it was wonderful to see. Perhaps she'll go on to someday design a space vehicle capable of reaching new planets.

Yesterday I worked with illiterate adults and taught my student how to phonetically write words. He can now write and read his own grocery list. In a few months....perhaps he'll be ready for his GED and a new job.

Tomorrow I'll smile at a complete stranger. Maybe she was considering suicide, or perhaps he was thinking of a mass murder spree. Just possibly my one smile will inspire them to get the help they need to turn their life around.

My point is, we all change the world every single day.

Great thread. S&F

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I rescued a honey bee from my window sill on the weekend. No idea how long he'd been there but he was covered in house dust and dying...
I quickly ran and mixed some water and sugar in a shot glass and then had him crawl onto my hand so I could feed him.
He spent about 5 minutes drinking and then started cleaning himself! First by rubbing his hind legs together and then using his front legs over his head just like a cat O_o
It was so cool to watch the colour return to him literally right in front of my eyes.
Finally he took off and I thought that was it. Cya later buddy. But he came back!
For about 45 minutes I just sat there. He would fly off for a bit, then come back and land on my arm, leg, or hand again. Like he was saying thanks. Clean himself some more, and then off he went........ go back to your family bro

That is how you change the world on your own. You change it by how you think about it. Yes, that may only change the world FOR YOURSELF... but now think if one person saw what I was doing with that bee and it made such a profound impact on them that they went off and did the same thing for someone or something else.. and then someone saw them doing it and also did it....etc etc

No Ron Paul cannot change the world on his own. Nobody can.

Your choices become a catalyst though, when others witness them.

So choose wisely what you do and what you say.

ps. star and flag for being positive. LOTS of anxiety out there right now
edit on 22-5-2012 by HIWATT because: edit to add

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is NOT about one person, one person alone can't change the world. We are human beings, we need to come together in order to have a positive change, until that happens all ONE person can do is trying to unite us all by staying positive and sharing that energy in a way that we realize that we ALL need to become one!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7

In a time where anger is so prevalent, don't forget that kindness is still the most powerful weapon you will ever own.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

Maybe, maybe not. But if I let go of my dreams of changing the world, I might as well jump off a skyscraper. I am happy that you can, but I can't be satiated by the crap which is being fed to us.
Time and time again, I told the people who are the men behind the curtain, why is it against the good of humanity to exclude us from shaping the world, what will possibly happen if we don't stop them, what I can bring up as proof to their existence and actions. A million times, people repelled these, although I had overwhelming evidence, and logic behind it. The people like to believe they are free, and will go against logic and reason to continue with this. I may have turned one person to the path enlightenment. It was worth it, and I will not give up.
You are right in one thing. I can't change the world, you can't either. But We Can!
I just hope that when that particular kind of excrement flies through a certain spinning, airflowing device, I won't be the only one, who leaves the cage.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

I'm saying we ALL change the world, just in a different way than many desire.

Like someone stated above, simple kindness has a domino effect. You help one person, that person is inspired to help someone, and the chain can be endless. We could have all had massive impacts on the world and not even know it, through simple actions. The problem is many people want glory and are not satisfied with a subtle, unified effort.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I love the Bee story!!!!
My favorite is the starfish and the little girl that I told to kids at camp.

A Father, Mother and little girl went walking down a beach one day after a storm. They noticed that a whole bunch of starfish washed upon the shore, farther then they could see. The little girl started running down the beach picking up one starfish after another and tossing it back into the sea.

Soon another couple walked up with their little boy and he asked the little girl, "what are you doing?"

She replied, "I'm throwing the starfish back to save their life!"

The little boy said, " Why? you can't possible save them all!", "What does it even matter?"

The little girl stopped and looked at the boy and said with a very calming voice, "To that starfish, it matters!"

I will let you find the meaning in that story. Hopefully it sinks in.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

None of us will change the world.

Tell that to the little stream that started the Grand Canyon.

All it takes is a little time.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

I use to be one of those people that thought that there was never a person alive in the history of earth that actually changed the world. Now I realized that just isn't true.

You don't have to change the entire world, just the world in which those you love exist, and there are endless ways to do this. We do these things every day, and as a collection of individual deeds done for love, we do indeed change the world.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

A simple requirement to have ALL children, and teenagers read this book in class should do that trick...and any child that does NOT cry at the end of the book should be held back.

Change is possible, even at the micro level, you just have to find the motivator...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."
Leo N. Tolstoy

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Here's the movie based on the book from 1973.

edit on 22-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

I agree about the boasting part, because I see it here a lot as well... but the idea of changing the world is a very complex, variable idea, and the center of the conspiracies, the true ones, is us, the citizens. Most of them rely on us doing nothing, saying nothing, and hopefully, on their watch, knowing nothing. I often shake my head when I see or hear people bitching and crying about how terrible their life is (I grew up with a family like that, went to school with people like that, and most of my friends are like that. It gets EXTREMELY old, and makes me want to smack the sh** outta them). But, those who boast about how terrible their life is and still whine and cry about their life are not awake. They aren't at all. They aren't the same as those of us who hold the potential to change parts of the world. They think they're awake because they visit various conspiracy websites like ATS, and post threads about new ideas, a good deal of them with fear mongering, attention-seeking intent. They are the comatose breed of conspiracy theorists, who seem to think the world of conspiracies is an online hobby, rather than a legitimate threat to real life, and alternatively, they believe the world of conspiracies and the world of every day life are not linked at all, that they're two different worlds. They. Are. Still. Asleep.

I have had three near death experiences, plus I listen to Alex Jones, make frequent visits to ATS, and do everything in my power to educate and prep myself and my friends and family (which is damn near impossible, the kind of people I'm surrounded by). Yes, you can call that boasting if you want, but I find myself to be pretty awakened, not because of websites and threads, because of an appreciation for life I gained through a couple scary events, which, sadly, most people can't gain without a traumatic event or something of the like, and that's what makes me real, because God wanted me to awaken and stop hating my life. I used to have a very emo personality, now I'm the opposite. That's why people with emo dispositions annoy me to no friggin end.

True, no one person can save the world, but The Lord can. People, on the other hand, require not one godly figurehead, a person playing God, like the illusion of a president, but numbers, like what a democracy is supposed to be. A group of awakened. That's all it takes to change the world, is waking up, coming together, and finding our minds and hearts.

Because, we, the people, are the world.
edit on 22-5-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: Typo

edit on 22-5-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: Another freakin typo

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnawrocki
I love the Bee story!!!!
My favorite is the starfish and the little girl that I told to kids at camp.

A Father, Mother and little girl went walking down a beach one day after a storm. They noticed that a whole bunch of starfish washed upon the shore, farther then they could see. The little girl started running down the beach picking up one starfish after another and tossing it back into the sea.

Soon another couple walked up with their little boy and he asked the little girl, "what are you doing?"

She replied, "I'm throwing the starfish back to save their life!"

The little boy said, " Why? you can't possible save them all!", "What does it even matter?"

The little girl stopped and looked at the boy and said with a very calming voice, "To that starfish, it matters!"

I will let you find the meaning in that story. Hopefully it sinks in.

Hey DNA you did catch the fact that it actually happened right? Here's a pic of him on my hand

(does ATS not allow photobucket images? none of my links show up as images here??)

"BEE the change you wish to see in the world" hehe

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
lol.

Just because we don't get our miracle cure does not give us the right to give up all expectation. Just expect failure at times, too.

That being said, it won't stop me from voting for Ron Paul. 1 man can't change the world for good, but 1 man can destroy a whole bunch of things for everyone, especially when no one stands up to them.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Awesome quote. To me, says it all IMO.

Change yourself, love yourself and the rest will follow

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

2000 years waiting in the wings and this is the welcome I get upon my return.

OK, sort it out yourself then. Dad was right about you lot.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Come on dude...Can't you see the positive vibe going on in this thread?...

I think your post is one of those moments where "If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all."

reply to post by HIWATT

"Bee"autiful picture...and a wonderful story. A personal thanks from a lover of bees.

edit on 22-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs. All individuals who changed the world. It takes individuals to change the world.

I agree that the change has to begin with yourself, but one should not put a limit on what one is capable of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join