It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X is it really there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have been reading and hearing about planet X from all the doomsday prophets

Well our media keeps on putting articles saying "Planet X? New Evidence of an Unseen Planet at Solar System's Edge"

Is there really a planet behind pluto?

If someone has a powerful telescope can you guys check and confirm lol. This is getting ridiculous.

Here is the article news.yahoo.com...

I seriously dont know what to believe anymore. This is worst than playing a game, I guess someone is playing games with humanity.

So I suggest, if you folks have a powerful telescope, please point at pluto and check if you see any object 4 x the size of Earth.

If astronomers can point their telescopes few light years away, Y cant they focus it on this planet and take pictures.

Something is really fishy going on and they are slowly releasing it to the media and to humanity.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There are rogue planets somewhere out there, and if one just happened to come along, people will call it Planet X or Nibiru. It doesn't mean much, because literally any planet could come along and it would get that tag.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
I have been reading and hearing about planet X from all the doomsday prophets

If someone has a powerful telescope can you guys check and confirm lol. This is getting ridiculous.
It is

I seriously dont know what to believe anymore. This is worst than playing a game, I guess someone is playing games with humanity.
Yes the charlatans are .

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

yeah I understand that, but how hard for is it for the scientist to put a damn telescope and look at it and confirm it. If they are looking for planets outside our solar system, why not study our own first.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I thought planet x was supposed to have hit earth last year september or something like that...
Well if it existed of course.

Anyways, aliens will invade, wwlll will start, meteor showers and tidal waves, spiritual consciousness arising, zombie apocalypse driven by the four horsemen followed by the return of christ.

So they say...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Maybe. As yet...we don't know.

Nope. If it were that easy, it would already be named and constantly studied.

Finding objects close to a source of light (like our Sun) is relatively easy. As you progress into the outer solar system, it becomes harder and harder to find objects beyond the Kupier Belt as there is not enough light to reflect off the objects surface and shine back to Earth.

One pretty solid argument against the whole "invisible super-planet" hypothesis is that we cannot detect any gravitational disturbances that would be attributed to an unknown celestial body.

Maybe in the future that will change.....but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

yeah I understand that, but how hard for is it for the scientist to put a damn telescope and look at it and confirm it. If they are looking for planets outside our solar system, why not study our own first.

Keep in mind that many of the instruments we have that record extra-solar data on planets are farther away from this anomaly than we are on Earth. We don't view outside our solar system from Earth in very many conventional ways.

But, yeah... I agree that some more effort should definitely be placed in our own neighborhood of planets.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Is there a planet way out there?
Maybe..there is some evidence that something may be lurking...

but the doomsday nibiru flyby stuff is pretty much debunked.

Careful about listening to doomsday marketers..especially those about planet X
they have never failed at failing. The main purveyers of this myth are selling lots of books, dvds, and survival packs.

If they truely believed in what they said, they wouldn't be selling anything for worthless money..they would be posting everything they have for free and trying to get contributors in building a big bunker...been doing this for years..now its getting difficult, because as of like end of 2009, we were supposed to see a big planet in our sky. at this point, it was supposed to be bigger than the moon coming right next to us..

so ya..bogus..just in it for the cash, and will point at -any- astronomical event (such as a potential planet way out in a very slow orbit around the sun) as "proof"...

You should have heard em when Elenin came around...they lept for joy at something to point at..pretending it was a gigantic planet that would cause extinction level events (ele...as in ELEnin...as in people read soo much into it to justify their doomsday fetish)...

Listen to astronomers would be my suggestion. Once a chorus of astronomers (amateur and professional) start pointing something out, then pay attention. Otherwise..let idiot youtube dudes and buy my book to read how we are all doomed types speak to others...plenty of entertaining garbage to get lost in without the need for doom...I recommend video games

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

NIX and HYDRA are there now. As far as the ANNUNAKI craft "3" hmm must have patience

reply to post by SaturnFX

Cool Geth avatar

edit on 5/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think this NatGeo article does a good job of summarizing the reality of this potential discovery.

...Gomes "has laid out a way to determine how such a planet could sculpt parts of our solar system. So while, yes, the evidence doesn't exist yet, I thought the bigger point was that he showed us that there are ways to find that evidence."

"What he showed in his probability arguments is that it's slightly more likely. He doesn't have a smoking gun yet."

"It seems surprising to me that a [solar] companion as small as Neptune could have the effect he sees," Levison said.
But "I know Rodney, and I'm sure he did the calculations right."

Source

but how hard for is it for the scientist to put a damn telescope and look at it and confirm it.

Too far out to be easily spotted by telescopes, the potential unseen planet appears to be making its presence felt by disturbing the orbits of so-called Kuiper belt objects,

edit on 5/22/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
There are rogue planets somewhere out there, and if one just happened to come along, people will call it Planet X or Nibiru. It doesn't mean much, because literally any planet could come along and it would get that tag.

Ok.....and how does that prove that neither could be Planet X?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Is there a planet way out there?
Maybe..there is some evidence that something may be lurking...

but the doomsday nibiru flyby stuff is pretty much debunked.

Careful about listening to doomsday marketers..especially those about planet X
they have never failed at failing. The main purveyers of this myth are selling lots of books, dvds, and survival packs.

If they truely believed in what they said, they wouldn't be selling anything for worthless money..they would be posting everything they have for free and trying to get contributors in building a big bunker...been doing this for years..now its getting difficult, because as of like end of 2009, we were supposed to see a big planet in our sky. at this point, it was supposed to be bigger than the moon coming right next to us..

so ya..bogus..just in it for the cash, and will point at -any- astronomical event (such as a potential planet way out in a very slow orbit around the sun) as "proof"...

You should have heard em when Elenin came around...they lept for joy at something to point at..pretending it was a gigantic planet that would cause extinction level events (ele...as in ELEnin...as in people read soo much into it to justify their doomsday fetish)...

Listen to astronomers would be my suggestion. Once a chorus of astronomers (amateur and professional) start pointing something out, then pay attention. Otherwise..let idiot youtube dudes and buy my book to read how we are all doomed types speak to others...plenty of entertaining garbage to get lost in without the need for doom...I recommend video games

What cash?

And why does Planet X have to be considered 'debunked' even if does not wreck havoc on our planet?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Maybe. As yet...we don't know.

Nope. If it were that easy, it would already be named and constantly studied.

Finding objects close to a source of light (like our Sun) is relatively easy. As you progress into the outer solar system, it becomes harder and harder to find objects beyond the Kupier Belt as there is not enough light to reflect off the objects surface and shine back to Earth.

One pretty solid argument against the whole "invisible super-planet" hypothesis is that we cannot detect any gravitational disturbances that would be attributed to an unknown celestial body.

Maybe in the future that will change.....but I'm not holding my breath.

I disagree.

If it truly does have a 2k-3k year orbit around the sun, then we haven't been here long enough to study it or name it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
What cash?

The cash people like "Lucus" made by selling books or DVDs of their claims. Funny how he made his videos "freely distributable" immediately after he sold out of DVDs. Cute way to pump up hype for future videos and increase viewership after making a ton of money on 20 dollar DVDs that probably cost about a tenth that much to actually produce.

And why does Planet X have to be considered 'debunked' even if does not wreck havoc on our planet?

Because it's inconsistent with the motions of the known planets.
adsabs.harvard.edu...
Planet X was intended as a hypothesis to explain apparent perturbations in the positions of Uranus and Neptune that could not be explained by the known planets. In 1992 Myles Standish produced revised masses for the outer planets using the telemetry data from Voyager. This data resulted in a revised mass for Neptune that differed from the previous mass by about the mass of mars. Once this was accounted for in modeling the motions of the planets, the apparent perturbations went away; there was no planet X perturbing the planets, it was just due to insufficiently accurate figures for the masses of the planets themselves. With that solved, the planet X hypothesis fell apart. The only question is whether or not there are smaller or much more distant planets lurking between the Kuiper belt and Oort cloud or even within the Oort cloud itself, but those are separate theories having nothing to do with either the scientific planet X theory or the BS doom and fear mongering nonsense.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
What cash?

The biggest pushers of the nibiru stuff is a few people. yowusa for one being the planet x supermen whom have been pushing this for ages, sold tons of books, cd's, etc etc etc on how to survive it, the proof, all you can think of on how to cash in.

Not saying that the average panicked youtube guy is trying to make some advertisment dollars by clicks (some are though), but ya, if 300 people are screaming the sky is falling because one guy sold them a book on how the sky is falling, it all leads back to the source being a scam..even if the 300 others aren't particularly trying to scam you.

You said you read all this stuff on doomsday style places...we know what such things say..and what they say in the particular reference is crap. Bad science.

But if the more general question is, could their be a 10th planet (or is it 9 since pluto's demotion)..then maybe...there are tests being done to test if there is anything of significance far out..some hypotheticals based on some slight anomolious readings.

But no..you can't go buy a telescope and look for it yourself...too far away, too dark. short of having access to hubble and knowing exactly where it will be, you got to simply rely on our rather brilliant professional scientists and their advanced equipment to spot potentials out there.

Check in with what NASA says would be my suggestion.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Planet X is coming at us from the Sun and much of it's light, like billions of other celestial bodies, is in the INFRARED spectrum, thus is almost impossible to be seen at this time with the naked eye. You can look for it yourself, get the red filter from an old floppy disk, or any IR filter, and look at the sun near sunrise or sunset.

They are releasing half-truths as more and more people are awakening to the truth like yourself; this is more disinfo to throw you off the real trail. A half truth is just as bad as a lie, and the minions of the coverup know it.

Something is really fishy going on and they are slowly releasing it to the media and to humanity.

They are beginning to worry, those involved with the coverup, what the public will do to them when the truth becomes known, and this is their pathetic attempt to be able to say in the future - "we told you some things" - as if this will stop poeple from lynching them.

The truth will set you free:

poleshift.ning.com...

Don't panic and good luck. Read about how certain places like Texas, LA and Sacramento didn't experience the eclipse as expected. Didn't hear about that in the MSM - and you won't either.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

For a moment I will try to believe that you believe what you said here,

Planet X is coming at us from the Sun and much of it's light, like billions of other celestial bodies, is in the INFRARED spectrum, thus is almost impossible to be seen at this time with the naked eye.

But that makes it difficult to understand how you could believe what you say about planet x being seen in the following video you posted

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Planet X is coming at us from the Sun and much of it's light, like billions of other celestial bodies, is in the INFRARED spectrum, thus is almost impossible to be seen at this time with the naked eye. You can look for it yourself, get the red filter from an old floppy disk, or any IR filter, and look at the sun near sunrise or sunset.

You do realize since the Earth circles the sun no object can be coming at us from the sun for any length of time beyond a few days. Logically the phenomenon you experience with your IR filter can not be an actual object. I suppose asking for logic to be used is of no use though.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

For a moment I will try to believe that you believe what you said here,

Planet X is coming at us from the Sun and much of it's light, like billions of other celestial bodies, is in the INFRARED spectrum, thus is almost impossible to be seen at this time with the naked eye.

But that makes it difficult to understand how you could believe what you say about planet x being seen in the following video you posted

Apparently the person's sunglasses worked as an IR filter.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

You do realize since the Earth circles the sun no object can be coming at us from the sun for any length of time beyond a few days. Logically the phenomenon you experience with your IR filter can not be an actual object. I suppose asking for logic to be used is of no use though.

Apparently the earth has been stalled in it's orbit around the Sun since 2003.

Look at this post and scroll down to the comments and pictures to see how NASA is obviously manipulating images from it's various space platforms to hide this.

poleshift.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join