It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot & Yeti DNA Study Gets Serious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Finally some real science applied to a paranormal phenomenon!

www.livescience.com...

Got any Yeti or Bigfoot hairs you've been saving- don't miss this chance. I know numerous shows I've seen have submitted samples and had them come back some type hominid or unknown..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Here's a link to the story in the Breaking Alternative News forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I do not think yeti to be true today as hunters and the likes would of found the carcasses by now
why have they not found any? same goes for bigfoot.

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

I do not think yeti to be true today as hunters and the likes would of found the carcasses by now

When in the woods how often do you find any carcass? Usually if you find any mones they have been scattered. I wouldn't let this one thing convince me bigfoot doesn't exist.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cumstan02

When in the woods how often do you find any carcass? Usually if you find any mones they have been scattered. I wouldn't let this one thing convince me bigfoot doesn't exist.

LOL i got something for you

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cumstan02

LOL i got something for you

I just saw that video you posted and Im gonna have to disagree with that opinion that its fake.

First of all, it mentions that its human skin showing through the makeup. Unless that guy is wearing some kind of prosthetics that forhead is very very wide across for it to be human.

As for the arms, it says that according to Bigfoot researchers, Bigfoot doesnt run that way. How do they know that ? They have never seen one before. Just heard stories but that doesn't mean that they have seen one in fast motion like this one.

It still may be a fake one BUT their analysis isnt just cutting it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ummm er....Really? You seriously think that video breakdown is sufficient?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

All the reports I've read concerning eyewitness testimony always claim that bigfoots face is more humanlike than apelike.So I would agree...fake

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

They're supposedly large hominids, and intelligent, to boot. Maybe they bury their dead. Or eat them and smash up the bones. I know what you mean though. Doesn't say much for the skill of hunters in Bigfoot territory.

Still, most hunters don't like to blast away at large things walking around on two feet in the woods. Don't want to kill anybody accidentally.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who remembers the georgia body hoax

The original motivation for the Georgia Body hoax was the attempt by sheriff deputy Matt Whitton, and used car salesman Rick Dyer, to offer expeditions like the BFRO. Bigfoot expeditions looked like a great business to them, because the BFRO's expedition often sell out months in advance. They saw an opportunity to attract the people who didn't sign up for the BFRO's trips in time. This same motivation was shared by the infamous hoaxer Carmine (Tom) Biscardi. Years before this hoax Biscardi had started a company called the "Great American Bigfoot Field Research Organization" (GABFRO) in a blatant attempt to confuse people who had heard about BFRO expeditions. Biscardi, a former Las Vegas promoter, eventually changed the name of his business entity to "Searching for Bigfoot, Inc." Even with a relentless publicity campaign to advertise his expeditions, no one signed up. As his money started to run out he became increasingly desperate for media attention. He saw the potential in the Georgia body story for a lot of free publicity, so he jumped in to advise and partner with the Georgia boys. With the help of tantalizing press releases television he managed to bring nation-wide TV coverage to his bizarre, self-promoting press conference in Palo Alto. This press conference fulfilled the fantasy he had for decades -- a live press conference wherein he could command the attention (momentarily) of all major news media networks, and thereby proclaim himself to be "the real bigfoot hunter" ... It was both madness, and a scam. The YouTube Videos by the Georgia Boys In the process of trying to draw attention to their phony expedition business, the Georgia boys noticed that some incredulous critics suddenly became extremely polite, and even helpful, when the boys began claiming that they had in their possession the body of a dead bigfoot. That particular lie struck a curious chord in many people, as if the boys claimed to have had a vision of the Virgin Mary. Like a vision of the Virgin Mary, the claim of having the body of a dead bigfoot touched a nerve in many people -- a superstitious nerve that makes them both fearful and hopeful at the same time. The Georgia boys saw this happening so they began promoting the "dead bigfoot" lie with full force, and even more ludicrous videos on YouTube. The fact that Whitton was a sheriff deputy is ultimately what made the hoax go as far as it did. Most people, including those in the media, assumed that a sheriff deputy would not put his reputation and career on the line by promoting a hoax that was bound to unravel in disgrace. It didn't make sense, so the Georgia boys were given the benefit of the doubt by the world media. When Biscardi stepped into the picture he convinced the two Georiga boys that there was a way for everyone involved to make a lot of money quickly. He convinced them that they had nothing to worry about, and they would all make out like bandits before the hoax finally unravelled. The Georgia Boys took the matter as far as they did because they knew hoaxes are was not illegal, if the claims were only made to the news media and the boys never made a false report to local authorities. The two Georgia boys did make a few thousand dollars from the hoax, but deputy Whitton lost his career in disgrace. His partner and motivator, Rick Dyer, lost nothing in the process because he had no career to lose in the first place. He was living hand-to-mouth as a self-employed used car dealer. Biscardi hoped to make a windfall before the hoax unravelled, but it appears now that he made very little from the hoax and is now destitute.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I like this point:

While Sykes said this idea is unlikely to be proven true, "if you don't look, you won't find it."

That's the best approach isn't it? Despite the costs, give people a chance, hear them out and test their evidence.

It's plain old science in practice.

I rate the chances of finding DNA evidence of N. American hominids somewhere close to zero. Oran Pendek sounds a more intriguing possibility.

In spite of the doubts, finding real evidence would be exciting stuff.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Or it very well could be wild human beings living out there. I dont remember the name of the show but they just had it on the History Channel a few weeks ago. Native Indians sent shamans out in the wild to learn about nature and become one with them. They explored the possibility that it is nothing more than wild men.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here you go a link for you to read for bigfoot admirers and just how mr carmine and the georgia boys fooled all them gullible people LOLwww.bfro.net...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Denver22, please don't post if you have nothing useful to say. Not only have the majority of your posts been irrelevant to the discussion, what points you've 'made' have not even been argued. It seems you just say things and think that constitues some sort of intelligent discussion or statement, and when someone tries to call you out on it, you switch topics completely and don't even try to defend your previous point.

At best your posts in this thread are irrelevant and foolish, and at worst they are intentionally inflammatory and lacking in any sort of intelligent plan or discussion.

There are actually two DNA studies in the works at the moment, the other being run by Dr. Melba Ketchum. It's actually a pretty exciting time for the Bigfoot phenomenon and I think that we may finally have our answer soon, whether Sykes or Ketchum offer it up to the public.

Can't wait until one of them comes out.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Voidmaster

Anything useful so you never read my link then and the fact that i have proven hoaxes exist, if you do not like the facts i present then tough . sorry to burst you bigfoot bubble but no one likes a debunker do they.
what evidence have you brought to the table.. i have proven the bigfoot hoax so far with links and posts.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Um, I don't think the idea that hoaxes exist was ever in question, Denver. Also, proving that it is possible to hoax is not the same as proving that these DNA studies are hoaxes, if that is what you were indeed trying to do. Honestly, I can't really tell.

The fact remains that neither the Georgia Boys or that video have anything to do with either of these DNA studies, except that they concern the topic of Bigfoots potential existence. Unless you happen to be trying to prove that the whole thing has been a hoax from the beginning, some sort of massive conspiracy to attempt to fool the world.

If this were the case though, you would have to prove a connection as well.

I, on the other hand, do not have to present any sort of evidence, because I have not made any claims, either to the negative or positive of Bigfoot's potential existence in this thread. I have merely pointed out the poor argument structure in your posts, the root problem of which is that they don't seem to have any connection to the topic at hand, and also stated a desire to see the outcomes of the DNA studies in question.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? Yes.

Do I expect others to believe in Bigfoot without hard evidence? No. I made that choice myself, and I do not expect any others to do so, though they might regardless.

Is there any hard evidence(body or DNA that has been scientifically analyzed and confirmed) for the existence of Bigfoot yet? No.

Is there an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence? Yes.

Is the Bigfoot phenomenon worth looking into, scientifically speaking? Yes. With 4,502 recorded and documented sightings in the BFRO database alone it would be scientifically dishonest to say otherwise.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Melba Ketchum is lying. She has nothing to offer. She is as much a loon as Jeff Meldrum is.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muircertach

Howdy, here is the latest news on Melba Ketchum "I could find" on this site robertlindsay.wordpress.com...
Also on the same site this info on a "real research team" "Sykes study ready to roll. Dr. Brian Sykes of Oxford, who is running a parallel DNA study to Ketchum’s, has now gathered 20 purported Bigfoot samples that he feels have good chain of custody. He is ready to start testing them soon."

I am 50/50 on bigfoot existing at this time myself.

top topics

join