It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have lost your humanity, for what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Tony Stark's Acura in the Avengers is pretty cool. Ghost Rider's skull-bike is pretty damned [
] amazing too... but thats what illusion is- by thinking about how great these or any vehicles are, no one considers to think about the roads, just in relation to how they might affect travel. so too, with technology, glamour, vanity, and narcissism we are so caught up in whatever is going on right now that affects out genetic survival- or even more horrifying the sense of who we are, as defined by the kind of drink to get at Starbucks next time, what brand of shoe to wear, the food we eat, or the bumperstickers on our car- that we are completely unable to see our 'road', so to speak. Trauma does this to a person, whether external or internal.
It is our capacity to suffer as much as it is our ability to love selflessly (are they really two things?) that makes us human. But somewhere along the way folks seem to have forgotten such a simple truth.....consumed by consuming, striving to strive, they miss the root causes of their actions, which they erroneously believe to be in control of themselves. that's what I mean by "illusion".....seeing something meaningless over there while something is really going on over here.....I mean, can you imagine if only government-owned vehicles were allowed to use the roads? how quickly would people start to foment dissent about pavement? but fortunately we get to choose our own metal exoskeletons to keep us happy and driving (that's metaphorical by the way)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Long time no see IandEye.

And once again you make perfect semi sense, and imperfect senselessness. Have you thought of what would happen if the roads were made out of rubber and the wheels on your car cage exoskeleton from stone. I have found that something is always going on right in front of you, and at all times, and the great majority of it is missed while we look for the road we need to be on.

But a more important question is. Do your really expect people to answer your questions?

It is our capacity to suffer as much as it is our ability to love selflessly (are they really two things?

No...Kind of...Yes they are...Not really....You cant seem to have one without the other.

I mean, can you imagine if only government-owned vehicles were allowed to use the roads?

NO I can not imagine that. But there are plenty of other people who can.

how quickly would people start to foment dissent about pavement?

As quickly as they can imagine it.

join