It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds consider adding poisonous rattlesnake to endangered species list

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

People kill snakes just for being snakes.

Sounds like a good enough reason for me!!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Have fun with the disease spreading house infesting baby killing rats and cockroaches. How dare that harmless rat snake live near your property and pass thru once in a while eating pests to only slither off as fast as it can scared for its life when you spot it... KILL IT!

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I love animals... but with this one, I wouldn't be extremely upset if it went extinct

I'll just make sure when I kill them to bury them and not tell anybody about it. Problem solved

That'd be like if I were to say I love to massage hot sexy women who don't have big mouths but fat mean ugly women I like to beat and torture them. That would be a perfectly reasonable statement by your standards right?

With the level of ignorance you're displaying I'd advise you to avoid the actual dangerous snakes at all cost. I'd apply the same level of avoidance it would prefer when it sees you, as odds are you might not survive the encounter. The idea of loving the cute fluffy animals but wanting to kill animals you might be afraid of, or to kill and eat the factory farmed ugly animals isn't a sign of genius or selflessness and its something that seems to plague most people in at least this nation. I assume the rest as well.

I'd even bet if you saw an invasive species like an iguana you'd want to pet it, even though that thing would lash you to bits right after eating half of your garden

edit on 23-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I fully intend to kill all the snakes I see. Additionally, I'll go ahead and kill all reptiles I see. I don't like them, I'm bigger, they aren't human, I'm going to kill them.
Nope, it's not the "right" thing to do, but at least I am honest in that I fully intend to do it when I encounter them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Is there a reason you deserve to live?

What do you suppose is going to eat all of the pests in your area? We have two cats who are outside most of the time yet there are still cokroaches and there must be rats as some damn critter keeps digging my seeds out of my seed trays at night.

You might also track down where all the local bats live and kill them too so the mosquitos run rampant beyond anything you can imagine.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't say I was right or that it should be done, just that it's what I would do. I don't like reptiles, if I come up on them, I will kill them. It's not right, it's not good and I probably shouldn't do it, but I will still do it because I don't like them and that's just not going to change.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You ought to at least be honest with yourself because saying you love animals is a lie. You love animals that appeal to your emotions but selfishly want to kill those whom do not even if not a threat. You'd destroy the food chain for no purpose other than to stoke your own ego thus jeopardizing the animals you do "love", if your capable of such a thing at least. That is sadistic behavior and if you think you deserve to live on this earth your are incorrect. There are many people whom are also 'snakes' maybe you oguht to do the world some good and go out and murder them while youre at it, eventually you'll get caught and solve 2 problems in the process.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

What a sadistic mindset you have there.

You're just going to take the life of a living thing just because you don't like it?

edit on 5/23/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yup, if it's a snake, I'm gonna kill it dead, dead, dead!
Not saying I'm right or good for doing it, but that's what I'm going to do.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well stay out of Florida then we have these darling little anole lizards everywhere and they especially like the jungle of plants in my yard and they eat the bugs that want to eat my plants. There's enough sick [SNIP] down here anyways. Don't move to the woods either just stay in an apartment someplace cold and waste electricity and live off of frozen Tyson chicken products and go onliner bitching about asians who eat cats and dogs.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Fine by me, Fl is too dang hot!!
I'm a chiten dewd, what do ya expect?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well then, if you're going to be aggressive towards Snakes you shouldn't be surprised when you get bitten. Especially by a really poisonous one!

That snake might actually be doing our gene pool a BIG favour!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
shew, ya'll are really messed up.
Sorry, but humans are more important than animals. You may not like it, but they are.
If I see a snake, I'm going to kill it. You may not like it, but that's what I'm going to do.
Would you rather I lie to you and say "oh, they're so innocent and sweet, how could we ever hurt one of the precious little things"? Hey, if that's what you want, fine, I'll lie to you.
Here's a great one for you. Oh, I see the error of my ways, I will henceforth harm no nasty...err sweet little reptiles ever again. Thank you sooooo much for setting me straight!!

L8R T8Rs

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

If people deserve to live merely for being human then you better start protesting the death penalty. From there you should sign petitions for allowing corporations to dump toxic wastes into rivers that cause massive fish-kill. Don't forget to contact your local congressman and tell them that football players should be allowed to have pitbull and rooster-cock fights.

You should also counter-protest against those who protest against the hunting of whales, otters, baby seals and so on. Then you can move on to protesting aginst the notion of the endangered species listings and every time a plant or animal might get added to it.

If you do move to FLorida make sure you get a motor boat and go run over some manatees with your props on your way out to go catch some sharks so you can needlessly kill them and throw them back.

Don't forget to picket the FDA to allow asian food venues to serve up cat and dog meat, and if you go visit Asia you might get to witness them skinning the animals alive as it makes for better tasting meat.

To really live out your sadistic fantasies you can go touring factory chicken farms and be the guy that loads them upside down into the ceiling conveyor tracks by their feet on the way to get slaughtered. Although I don't have enough info to know if you'd enjoy working inside the factories where the ugly birds never see the light of day their entire lives it is pretty late right now so maybe you might not mind it too much. When that gets old you can move your way up to working at a cattle processing plant and shock their nuts with stun batons to get them to move more quickly into the slaughter pit so nobody runs out of baseball gloves. They are ugly afterall, so eventually you'll have no problem working in the veil department.

After all of that you'll be all ready to go out murdering human 'snakes' as I mentioned before.

Funny thing is I'm not even an animal nut, I just know right from wrong and how there's plenty of sick SNIP out there that should be as dead as the damn locusts that swarm my yard trying to destroy my sustinence (I pay my bills with plants). Oh, and I hate selfish dimwitted hypocrite consumers.

The point of all of that is you have your critters you'd kill even if not a threat, even if actually useful to improving the human condition. Well the things I listed are other peoples things they don't mind torturing and killing. If everybody was sick and demented as such there'd be no animals left, and we'd be mostly all gone too, because even if the remaining manimals went vegetarian, without diverse megafauna the insects would annihilate the plants of the world, starting with the ones you like to eat. One thing that can be said about animals is they might not be intelligent, but neither are they stupid. There is a difference. When humans actually admit to being stupid (and worse as has happened in this very thread, on this very page) and not being able to prevent themselves from being as such, it really speaks volumes about how much right humans truly have to co-inhabit this planet with the non-stupid and non-destructive animals that were here before us.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
50,000 fine for killing Rattlers in Ontario

and anyone who kills anything indescriminantly out of fear..
well...
live by the sword die by the sword

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
The world would be better off if all venemous creatures were extinct.
If I see a rattle snake I will kill it, and never tell.
There are plenty of other snakes that can do the same job and are not a danger to humans and other animals.

Yes, kill them all off, and get overrun by rats and other pests. All animals on the earth serve a purpose. It would really be a sad world, and unlivable world, if humans are allowed to kill off all other animals, except for the animals they need, like cows, pigs and chickens.....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604

There are plenty of other snakes that can do the same job and are not a danger to humans and other animals.

Yes, kill them all off, and get overrun by rats and other pests. All animals on the earth serve a purpose. It would really be a sad world, and unlivable world, if humans are allowed to kill off all other animals, except for the animals they need, like cows, pigs and chickens.....

Snakes only kill and eat them about every 3 - 4 days, cats kill them and eat them several times a day... the cats also kill snakes. YAYYYY for cats!

And then there's the mongoose!!

...revising my earlier statement. I love birds and mammals, reptiles are evil . Fish and other marine animals along with insects have good and bad as far as what I like and don't. The jury is still out on amphibians

edit on 23-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Snakes only kill and eat them about every 3 - 4 days, cats kill them and eat them several times a day... the cats also kill snakes. YAYYYY for cats!

And then there's the mongoose!!

...revising my earlier statement. I love birds and mammals, reptiles are evil ....and I couldn't care less about fish and other marine animals

You think reptiles are evil. I think humans are evil. Yet I don't go around killing humans.

If reptiles are evil, where do you draw the line? Are amphibians evil? Are insects evil too? and how about arachnids? All animals one this planet are equally important, and all animals depend on each other. Take one type of animal out of the pyramid, and it will become less stable. Take more out, and eventually the pyramid will be totally unstable, and it will collapse. Whether humans will survive that collapse will remain to be seen. The pyramid has collapsed before, which lead to the extinction of dinosaurs, so maybe if it collapses again (and there are signs it is starting to collapse), it will be the end of mammals as we know them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

You think reptiles are evil. I think humans are evil. Yet I don't go around killing humans.

If reptiles are evil, where do you draw the line? Are amphibians evil? Are insects evil too? and how about arachnids? All animals one this planet are equally important, and all animals depend on each other. Take one type of animal out of the pyramid, and it will become less stable. Take more out, and eventually the pyramid will be totally unstable, and it will collapse. Whether humans will survive that collapse will remain to be seen. The pyramid has collapsed before, which lead to the extinction of dinosaurs, so maybe if it collapses again (and there are signs it is starting to collapse), it will be the end of mammals as we know them.

Good thing that killing humans is illegal and killing reptiles isn't then.
I didn't say they weren't important, I just said I don't like them and if I come up on them, I will kill them.
Check the edit I made before your reply as far as the other species are concerned.

all of them don't have to die, only the ones that scare me as I'm working on the farm or walking in the woods. That's plenty fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just because I feel like it....

The big cow snakes aren't too bad and I try to not bother them too much and they stay away from me. But, when mowing the hayfield, they are pretty abundant and as soon as you pass over them with the mower, the first thing they do is pop up their head and of course the mower slices it right off and you see the big ole cow snake body go rolling across the hayfield. Should we stop harvesting hay because it kills snakes?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think it's good rattlesnakes are getting put on a protection list. They're easily my favorite poisoness anything.

You get too close, it rattles, and you know "hey, shouldn't go near that area, a rattlesnake is in it." Makes life easy, a highly conciderate critter.

As for accidental killings, they're going to happen, it's a dangerous animal. You can kill even a protected dangerous animal, if it's a threat. And I doubt they'd press charges for running over one or something, I mean it's not like you swerved to hit it.

Though in this society, I suppose you never know.

<< 1    3 >>

join