It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle for Ron Paul's Congressional Seat:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
When Republican congressional hopeful Randy Weber knocks on doors in Ron Paul‘s hometown and says he’d like to take “Dr. No’s” place in Washington, he offers a caveat. “I hasten to add that Ron Paul’s not running again,” said Weber, a two-term Texas state representative. “It’s happening less now, but a lot of people look at you like, ‘why would you want to run against him? How dare you?’ ”

blog.chron.com...

Ron Paul gave up his congressional seat this year to run for President and after a very passionate run, things are beginning to sizzle out for the "revolution" movement. I personally think Ron Paul will give a very moving retiring speech at the convention in tampa and that will be the end of Ron Paul. He has no interest in running for senate and he gave up his seat in conress. Rand Paul will now be the most popular libertarian voice in gov't, but he will not recapture his father's fan base. I like him, he's not as radical as his father is!

Ron Paul supporters need to stop this Ron Paul is untouchable crap. He's not coming back to congress. Let others take his spot!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You just wait and see...
Ron Paul's gonna rock America's world!! Wether you like it or not!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

I think I will jump on the optimistic band wagon also.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
When Republican congressional hopeful Randy Weber knocks on doors in Ron Paul‘s hometown and says he’d like to take “Dr. No’s” place in Washington, he offers a caveat. “I hasten to add that Ron Paul’s not running again,” said Weber, a two-term Texas state representative. “It’s happening less now, but a lot of people look at you like, ‘why would you want to run against him? How dare you?’ ”

blog.chron.com...

Ron Paul gave up his congressional seat this year to run for President and after a very passionate run, things are beginning to sizzle out for the "revolution" movement. I personally think Ron Paul will give a very moving retiring speech at the convention in tampa and that will be the end of Ron Paul. He has no interest in running for senate and he gave up his seat in conress. Rand Paul will now be the most popular libertarian voice in gov't, but he will not recapture his father's fan base. I like him, he's not as radical as his father is!

Ron Paul supporters need to stop this Ron Paul is untouchable crap. He's not coming back to congress. Let others take his spot!

Old

Ron Paul Retiring In 2012: Congressman Will Not Seek Reelection

Kind of disengenuous to predict something that has already been discussed. Maybe you didn't know, but from your posts, it seems like you might know more about Ron Paul than a lot of people.

Admit it, you really love the man.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul has already had two vacations from the Congress, so what is it about this time that is anymore special than the last two?

Anyways, he specifically stated that he wasn't going to try running for his spot in the House again because he wants to focus on his Presidential campaign. He hasn't even hinted at any plans to retire, so saying that Rand is going to pick up the mantle after this election is premature.

reply to post by satron

Also, in this poster's linked article, it simply sounds like he's just not trying to split his efforts in two, supposedly having received criticism for running for two offices at once, in the past. In my mind focusing on only one thing, especially when he's trying to win the Presidential election with the establishment opposing him, is a good strategy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It certainly woud be a great loss should dr.Paul not be in goverment at all........
The sanity level of the whole shebang may plummet drastically without him.
I hope we see a Paul presidency...............turn this thing around!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

blog.chron.com...

Old

Kind of disengenuous to predict something that has already been discussed. Maybe you didn't know, but from your posts, it seems like you might know more about Ron Paul than a lot of people.

This is not a prediction, and should be a known fact. But for those that don't know, it's good to get it out there. I wasn't predicting Ron Paul's exit from Congress. I stated I already know this. Did you? Did you read the article cause it talks about it there too. Ron Paul is not going back to congress!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Everyone knew this. It came out a year ago at least.
I would assume you only brought it up so you could have a platform to say things like 'the revolution is fizzling out blah blah.' It's not secret that you spend most your time on ATS bashing Paul. This is just another useless thread. The revolution for liberty is far from fizzling out. Actually it is picking up steam. You will see.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

blog.chron.com...

Old

This is not a prediction, and should be a known fact. But for those that don't know, it's good to get it out there. I wasn't predicting Ron Paul's exit from Congress. I stated I already know this. Did you? Did you read the article cause it talks about it there too. Ron Paul is not going back to congress!

Where do you generally get your information about Ron Paul? I think I might be as interested in him as you are.
edit on 22-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Everyone knew this. It came out a year ago at least.
I would assume you only brought it up so you could have a platform to say things like 'the revolution is fizzling out blah blah.' It's not secret that you spend most your time on ATS bashing Paul. This is just another useless thread. The revolution for liberty is far from fizzling out. Actually it is picking up steam. You will see.

Why are you guys saying this is a prediction? Can you NOT read? This is a thread about the battle for Ron Paul's Congressional Seat, which he is NOT returning to. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Sure, Ron Paul announced that he was leaving his seat a year ago. But that means the seat is STILL vacant and others are fighting to take his seat.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Rand Paul will now be the most popular libertarian voice in gov't, but he will not recapture his father's fan base. I like him, he's not as radical as his father is!

things are beginning to sizzle out for the "revolution" movement.

I personally think Ron Paul will give a very moving retiring speech at the convention in tampa and that will be the end of Ron Paul.

PREDICTION!!!

edit on 23-5-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Rand Paul definitely will not capture the Ron Paul crowd. My opinion for this is Rand Paul is more focused on business (similar to a rank and file Republican) versus focusing on the individual debilitating conditions that the average person is going through. Ron Paul has a broad message, Rand Paul's rants are mostly focused on propping up big business and yelling at government for taxing them too much. What about the people Rand Paul?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novaroc

Rand Paul will now be the most popular libertarian voice in gov't, but he will not recapture his father's fan base. I like him, he's not as radical as his father is!

things are beginning to sizzle out for the "revolution" movement.

I personally think Ron Paul will give a very moving retiring speech at the convention in tampa and that will be the end of Ron Paul.

PREDICTION!!!

edit on 23-5-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

Yes but read the title of the thread. That's not what this post is about. Please get back to the topic at hand I would like to talk about the congressional seat. Not Ron Paul and my opinions of what he will do later. This is what I mean about you guys blowing things out of proportion that do not need to be.
edit on 23-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join