It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts and Ghostbusting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I made a youtube video ranting about my problems with the paranormal investigation community.

youtu.be...

I don't like the way things currently are in the community.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who you gonna call?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

I like ghost adventures myself.
And while there's some things there that I question. There are even more things that seem genuine.
Hearing the spooky voices on voice recorders.
The spirit box.
The motion detectors going off when there's no one there.
All awesome in my book.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks for embedding the video. Didn't think to do it for some reason.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

i slightly disagree. there are evidences of the paranormal like videos or evps, but the "regular" science (oxford, harvard etc) has not enough evidences yet to accept it, like for example newton's gravitation laws.
i believe there are non-human beings interacting with humans. that is why i collected footages of the paranormal: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My problem is there is no real evidence. Everytime something happens there is always something blocking a part of it. Such as when a door "opens" by itself it is partially blocked by a bed or something else. When that happens, I'm going to assume there's a trick that is hidden.

And also they often claim to be skeptical. But I don't think they're not. For one thing, they really don't do any effort to truly debunk their evidence such as EVP. For instance, if they were true skeptics they'd use the phrase Auditory pareidolia which is a situation created when the brain incorrectly interprets random patterns as being familiar patterns to describe EVP. But on these shows you never hear terms like these yet they claim to be skeptical. Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Basically, until real evidence comes to light, I'm going to call those shows fake and never watch any of them.

Now, I don't discount that there could be real paranormal phenomena, but i want to see real evidence that can not be faked or misidentified in any way shape or form.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

All of the videos on your page could be easily explainable. Sorry, but it is true. There is no 'evidence' there.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i can tell you from my own experience, there are non-human beings interacting with humans. i once felt how something very cold touched my hand, it weren't hallucination. these beings need energy to interact in our physical realm, they take this enegy from the air temperature, that's why it feels cold.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

There is absolutely no reason for you to believe that. Cold sensations are hardly proof of otherworldly entities interacting with us. There are any number of reasons why you could have felt a cold spot. First, a misfiring of nerves in your hand. Air conditioning. Also, air currents. There are cold spots naturally in the environment around us sometimes. Feeling cold is not proof of anything. Making claims like this without thinking out every possible answer is what discredits this community. We look like a bunch of creationists at this point, and we will never be taken seriously if we keep it up.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Also, what would lead you to believe that, if they are there, that they need energy to do anything? And if they need energy, why would you assume they use the heat in the environment?

Why would you assume that they can touch you at all?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

no, i am absolutely sure, because it was like a grip of a hand. it had strength and the grip tightened on my hand.
another experience: i was lying in bed about to get to sleep, when some kind of force let me sink into darkness, like an elevator going down. i was still awake and conscious, when i felt a pulsing pain, like something was whipping me.
in this darkness there was a source of the pain, it was like a tunnel view, at the end there was some kind of light. this all was not like you watch a light from a distant, it was like not in the same room or space.
i was totally paralysed while this was going for about 2 minutes. this was not a dream, it was different.

i think you are a sceptic and i will not be able to convince you, but try to keep an open and objective mind.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why would you assume that they can touch you at all?

because they did. the reason i believe "they" are non-human is a series of experiences. i am a logically thinking and educated individual, i did not believe in these things, before it happened to me.

edit on 23-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I am open minded. However, I am not gullible. Your sleep experience is classic sleep paralysis. You either don't know what sleep paralysis is, or you do and you have decided not to believe that your experience was that. Also, since you have not had a battery of tests to determine why you may have felt an invisible force grabbing you, you can't prove one way or another what happened to you.

Simply making extraordinary claims without any credible evidence only serves to discredit you and us in the minds of the scientific community. You really should stop doing it. It is not helping.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ok, one more try.

do you know the feeling, when you got to laugh, but because of some reason, you don't want to laugh ?
maybe you don't want to hurt someone or if you would laugh, you would get in trouble.
there are two opposite "forces" acting on you, one is the stimulation to laugh, the other is the one, that tries to stop it and holds it down. my believe is, one of these "forces" is non-human.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You are talking about clearly human conditions. Im not even sure where you are going with this.

The point is, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Im sure you've heard that a lot, but I wish we have all heard it more. Feelings aren't evidence. Proclaiming that you know 'know' anything because of feelings and experiences without any evidence makes us all look bad.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Proclaiming that you know 'know' anything because of feelings and experiences without any evidence makes us all look bad.

why should you look bad ? you don't know about these things, because you have not had these experiences. why should you feel bad for something, you are not responsible for ? which individuals experience these entities consciously and which individuals don't is other-directed. i did not choose to have these experiences, it is no bed of roses. i try to work with it offensively, not hiding. i am convinced, like someone who has seen a ghost and swears the rest of his life, that it 100% was a ghost. you could kill this person, he would not say different.
imagine you tell the truth and noone believes you. i should feel bad about that, but i don't, because i was like you before and know i would not have believed myself.
edit on 23-5-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

top topics

join