It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird physics during our smoke break!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey all,

This happened last night when my buddy accidentally dropped his cigarette during his last puff. Didn't know where to put this, but it is weird so check it out-

youtu.be...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Pretty awesome, so what happened when you touched it?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

It immediately fell. We made sure to get enough video and pictures before we tried. It kind of fell off to the side like being pushed by the opposite end of a magnet, if that makes sense.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Quantum entanglement. Obviously, the cigarette acted as a wave as it fell since it was not being observed.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The surface it fell onto seems to be riddled with cracks, holes, and grooves. Enough of the cigarette was probably smoked down so that it was just light enough to have one of the sides get caught in one of those grooves and so stay at an angle like that. I don't see anything unlogical or any "glitches in the matrix" here, just something rational. Are the odds of it ever happening again high though? Nope. Cool, but not strange.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Oh, Im not saying anything really strange happened here. It was just a cool moment. The chances of it happening seemed crazy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
wow thats crazy. im sure there is some sort of simple explanation for it? looks like a glitch in the matrix though lol.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of drinking half a can of coke and then watching in amazement as it balanced itself in an awkward pose.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Is it possible the cigarette got caught in a spider web?
I chucked a cig away once,and it floated in mid air,spinning.
That one was caught in a strand of spider web.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Looks like the spit on the filter and sharp ground have suspended it at an unnatural angle....cool!

Thanks for the clip. Was it a "light" brand of cigarette or "super ultralight" maybe and the heat of the still burning tobacco created enough convection in the air around it to contribute to the anti-gravity?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

We checked. It was most likely caught in a tiny crack. But the chances of that happening seem pretty astounding.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The brand was parliament, which I believe to be light.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

what a chuckle,Ive thrown them down and landed straight up once but never on an angle.Maybe it's time to play the lottery?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyevision
wow thats crazy. im sure there is some sort of simple explanation for it? looks like a glitch in the matrix though lol.

Simple explanation, the man's spit is like super glue. eeeeYUCK!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I would say the edge of the paper of the filter got caught on a sharp edge of the pavement...

pretty wicked either way...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

lmao at your avatar & your comment.

edit on 22-5-2012 by thirdeyevision because: (no reason given)

top topics

join