It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: SpaceX Dragon Ferried ‘Scotty’s’ Remains Into Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

When actor James Doohan died in 2005, the man who played Star Trek‘s engineer Scotty for nearly 40 years had one request: That his ashes be launched into space. Now, after years of delays and countless rumors, SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is not only carrying the Dragon spacecraft; according to Billionaire SpaceX Founder and CEO Elon Musk, it has the ashes of “Scotty” packed somewhere inside the rocket

Source

So, Finally the ashes of James 'Scotty' Doohan have finally made it space. Apparently he had some difficulty getting there as a previous attempt to send him off had rocket issues and his remains spent close to two weeks lost in a new mexico desert!

Scotty of Star Trek ashes are lost !

Stray rocket beams Scotty's ashes off course

RIP Scotty, enjoy your final frontier

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Will his ashes remain in an urn floating through space, or will they shoot the ashes out to mingle with space dust and asteroids?

If it were me, I would want to be shot out as dust, to become one with the stars.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A very fitting resting place....he has boldly gone...

It would have been awesome if he would have been placed in a Starship Enterprise shaped urn for his new adventure.

edit on 22-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Will his ashes remain in an urn floating through space, or will they shoot the ashes out to mingle with space dust and asteroids?

If it were me, I would want to be shot out as dust, to become one with the stars.

Im not sure.. if it was me, i'd want my own little capsule, propelled into the center of the galaxy.. just to know that one day, maybe you;d land on some planet and really really confuse the locals!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I heard they were fired towards the Genesis planet, but that may be just rumour or my over-active imagination.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Now that is incredible. To be able to have the chance to have your ashes launched into the void of space is beyond words.
Very fitting end for Scotty, just a shame very few of us will have that journey.

RIP.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Scotty just didnt have the power to make it the first time.

I guess he got those "Dylithium Chambers" fixed.

Hope the cligons dont get this jar full of ashes and use it as a ransom.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

He has finally beamed up.

new topics

top topics

join