It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad saves boy before car plunges down cliff -- and gets pair of traffic tickets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Dad saves boy before car plunges down cliff -- and gets pair of traffic tickets

www.foxnews.com

A New Jersey dad got the scare of his life when his 5-year-old son almost ran off a steep embankment, and though the man saved the boy from falling, he couldn't stop his Jeep from going over the precipice and into a river below.
The reward for his ordeal? Two traffic tickets from local police.
Frank Roder, a construction worker from the town of Winfield Park, had taken his son, Aidan, down to the Rahway River to feed ducks Thursday. But when he stopped briefly before settling on a parking space
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm not picking on cops her, after all, if a job is well done, I'll write about it.
( Gun Battle Leads to Death. This Is Why Some Cops are Heros!
www.abovetopsecret.com... )
However this is another example of a young punk cop going too far.
I'm sure that other ATS members that are LEO's will share their opinion, and I am curious on how they would have responded. My intent is for those members to share these stories of public outrage with their fellow officers. In doing so, I hope it will encourage a more compassionate understanding, in the LEO community.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
110.00 is a small price to pay and now he has a nice capper to the story he can tell for years.

Plus, what a great commercial for Jeep...

A crane pulled the Jeep out, and amazingly, it started right up, though Roder is pretty sure his insurance company will count it as totaled.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Naughty father I guess!

Does he not know or understand that the government fines come before the safety of himself or his family.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow. Glad he was able to save his son.
Can't say I really think the tickets were fair, but the cops comments make him a real AH.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Chiming in,

This is ludicrous!

It is paramount to issuing a ticket for failure to signal when you swerve to avoid a child running into the middle of the street in front of you.

Police have full discretion as to issuing a ticket, He was a strait A@@.

Sirric

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but this is the part I can't believe......

Roder hugged the boy and waited as Union County police converged on the scene over the next few hours. A crane pulled the Jeep out, and amazingly, it started right up, though Roder is pretty sure his insurance company will count it as totaled.

Is that code for "beat his ass" or did he really just hug the boy after the boy acted out, almost got himself killed, and ended up totalling the family's jeep and costing them 2 traffic tickets?

I have a 5 year old, and I might have hugged him....... eventually. But, first and foremost, I would have beat him silly and lectured him until my throat was sore! You don't jump out of a moving vehicle, you don't run toward a cliff, you don't run across a parking lot at all, you wait for an adult to hold your hand! My 5 year old knows this, and he knows it because when he was a 2 year old and 3 year old and 4 year old it was made very apparent that if he did those things, and he survived, then he would still reap the natural repercussions of his action which is PAIN!

So, personally I think the cop might have been an ass, but the tickets are deserved, because this idiot didn't control his own son. The kid should have been buckled in until the vehicle was parked and the Dad was walking with him. It literally was child endangerment. The kid should also have been better behaved from past experiences. 5 year olds are smart, and this should have never happened. Maybe a 2 or 3 year old, but not a 5 year old.
edit on 22-5-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Of course, my first reaction....I suppose it was my momentary, "emotional", knee-jerk reaction......was that this was unfair.

But....actually, $140.....when his car was brought back out of a 35 ft embankment for him....with a crane brought the vehicle back out, A CRANE!

Had the cops not got involved at all.....it would have cost him at least double that, at the VERY least.....

But....I suppose the pigs....errr...I mean LEOs in this case, could have been a bit "nicer" about it.....
Or at the very least, honest with him.....(but of course, he really can't be because some people would try to use that to completely side-step paying anything because they would try to bring it up in court and yata yata)

So I say it is a small price to pay.......vs the alternative....just for getting his vehicle out......

Pigs will be pigs......

Shrug that off, I suppose.....(this time)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Violater1

I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but this is the part I can't believe......

Roder hugged the boy and waited as Union County police converged on the scene over the next few hours. A crane pulled the Jeep out, and amazingly, it started right up, though Roder is pretty sure his insurance company will count it as totaled.

Is that code for "beat his ass" or did he really just hug the boy after the boy acted out, almost got himself killed, and ended up totalling the family's jeep and costing them 2 traffic tickets?

I have a 5 year old, and I might have hugged him....... eventually. But, first and foremost, I would have beat him silly and lectured him until my throat was sore! You don't jump out of a moving vehicle, you don't run toward a cliff, you don't run across a parking lot at all, you wait for an adult to hold your hand! My 5 year old knows this, and he knows it because when he was a 2 year old and 3 year old and 4 year old it was made very apparent that if he did those things, and he survived, then he would still reap the natural repercussions of his action which is PAIN!

So, personally I think the cop might have been an ass, but the tickets are deserved, because this idiot didn't control his own son. The kid should have been buckled in until the vehicle was parked and the Dad was walking with him. It literally was child endangerment. The kid should also have been better behaved from past experiences. 5 year olds are smart, and this should have never happened. Maybe a 2 or 3 year old, but not a 5 year old.

This too....

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"If" it all went down the way Roder said it did, then ,yes, the cop was a complete ass. But it sounds a little too crazy to be completely true.

We have no context, no video, no official report... nothing but a one-sided teaser story from this dad, seemingly only produced provide copious outrage comments and readership for foxnews.com.

These stories are sometimes not completely accurate.

"I don't care, I'll pay it," Roder said. "It's just the principle. When something like that happens so fast, I could give a rat's a-- about the car."

Too bad he doesn't want show up in court to stand up for his principles. Maybe the young cop would show up and give his side of the story.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here is a photo of the jeep.

top topics

join