It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA under fire: Supreme Court to review legality of warrantless wiretapping of Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

Other than ringing ones hands and spouting "It's over!"

What is your solution?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

If you worked at the NSA you would want the possibility of wiretapping services as well. Their job is to keep you safe after all, isn't it?

NSA evolved from Army SIGINT into a cryptological, computerized organization that is supposedly to monitor foreign threats to the USA and its people. What it is today is an out-of-control megaorganization that supports the business Elite and spies on the very people it is enlisted to protect.

Illegally.

ATT/NSA Domestic Surveillance

We've been had in more ways than we can possibly imagine.

edit on 22-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Other than ringing ones hands and spouting "It's over!"

What is your solution?

I was clear on this. Given the apathy of the populace, there is none.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So your solution is to come to locations such as ATS [Even though you'll ignore and belittle it's possible positive aspects with regards to free speech still being very much alive and kicking] and just post rants about how bad things are?

Ok, I understand.

If I were you I'd reexamine the definition of Apathy

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So your solution is to come to locations such as ATS [Even though you'll ignore and belittle it's possible positive aspects with regards to free speech still being very much alive and kicking] and just post rants about how bad things are?

Ok, I understand.

If I were you I'd reexamine the definition of Apathy

Have a nice life waving your flag until your arms drop off.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

My flag isn't White...

Comprendre?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It wont matter now what the court decides, the Genie is already out of the bottle.

Does ANYONE here believe that if the Supreme Court rules FISA Unconstitutional, that the NSA and DHS would simply just stop?

I think the Government would just do it anyway, and do it's best to keep it quiet and out of sight. We see Police day in and say out make up excuses for arrested people. Why would the Feds just make up whatever they want and never admit to actually doing any wiretapping?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
It wont matter now what the court decides, the Genie is already out of the bottle.

Does ANYONE here believe that if the Supreme Court rules FISA Unconstitutional, that the NSA and DHS would simply just stop?

I can think of one person, you'll notice him straight off, he has no arms.

Originally posted by MrWendal
I think the Government would just do it anyway, and do it's best to keep it quiet and out of sight. We see Police day in and day out make up excuses for arresting people. Why wouldn't the Feds just make up whatever they want and never admit to actually doing any wiretapping?

Trick question?

Because of their history of high honesty and complete integrity?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You people are so naive. NSA will always eavesdrop on American Citizens on US soil, they'll just go back to the way they used to do it, which is:

GCHC (the. british government's equivalent to NSA) does the actual eavesdropping. They then share the comint with NSA. And vise versa.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

In June, the National Security Agency (NSA) refused to disclose how many Americans have been affected by government surveillance. Wyder responded by noting that the fact that the number is unknown hides the extent of the spying.

In response to the NSA’s secrecy, Wyden offered an amendment prohibiting warrantless searches of domestic communication, which was rejected.

There reason they refused to disclose how many Americans were "affected" is because the answer "all of them" would have been too hard to excuse. The next round - the answer will be "we don't know."

The NSA also has an obligation to protect it's "corporate" accomplices who were given retroactive immunity by our representatives.... but even given that, if the truth were made known, even Congress would have to reassess their actions... assuming they are still protecting "the party"... which is essentially all that matters to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join