It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even meat is full of preservatives... Why!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Even meat is full of preservatives... Why!?

www.livestrong.com

Here is a link;
www.livestrong.com/article/441942-do-all-meats-have-preservatives-in-them/

Unfortunately its not what I just read on the news in Australia. But a google search resulted. (Read my comment before this of course, however until today I had never thought they would preserve meat via bathing it in it, or injecting. Ill attempt to get other links etc.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.livestrong.com

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Obviously even our most loved and naturally looking source has been tainted with preservatives to give them more shelf life. How long has this been going on.

That uncanned, unprosessed and days from aquired meat has been maybe soaked, or injected with preservatives just so it can have a better shelf life.

www.livestrong.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another link here;
www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au...
edit on 22-5-2012 by Aoxoa because: (no reason given)

Another link here, about half way when the "2. Read the fine print. " happens.
today.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 22-5-2012 by Aoxoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I worked in a food laboratory for a very famous company and I can tell you that even organic vegetables are full of stuff that you don't want to know about. Mainly because you can't grow anywhere far away from toxins. Car exhausts, airplanes, factory fumes will all find their way into the most organic vegetables. Even if they are grown in a green house, the contaminants will come from water, soil and composts. As a matter of fact, the concentrations are much higher in vegetables than in meat and vegetarians will eat more of them and face the consequences.

It is disgusting but true that almost no food stuff is completely 'safe'. In the end we almost felt like giving up food altogether [me and colleagues in the lab] but we decided to go with the opposite and just eat what is there or you will go mad.

Consumers are a little at fault for wanting big homogenous food. Meat has to be red, apples have to be the same size and we want all of it to last longer.
Apart from that it is all about money. I hate what humans are doing. We may have evolved capabilities but we are not adult enough as a species to handle them properly.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is why I don't by meat from a store. I have a local farmer that raises it, injection free. I then go directly to the butcher and pick it up.
The scary part is you have to still be careful what grains he feeds as that is full of crap too. He said it is getting real hard to find any natural feeds anymore that aren't outrageously expensive.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Meat preservatives
Salt, honey.
Sure, there are preservatives in my meats.
Just which "preservatives are we talking of here?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

This is really sad to see that we are exposed to a world where nothing pure is available any more. From the air we breathe to the food we eat, everything is impure!

top topics

join