It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one more ecig quesiton from a new user

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
this should be it, i promise.

I've cut down to maybe a cig or two a day now, using the ecig a lot more.

however, just now I lit up a real cig, took two hits and felt very light headed, almost car sick.
is this because those chemicals are out of me maybe and im clearing up?

i should probably know the answer. I just want reassurance
Every positive thing helps.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It couldn't be the chemicals clearing up if you just smoked another cigarette. Feeling light headed comes from a lack of oxygen. Which the cigarette deprives your brain of better than the Ecig.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Its the same feeling one gets when you first take a puff of your first smoke ever. The light headed feeling comes from not smoking as much or long stints between having a cigarette.

Its just what happens, i managed to quit for a whole week before i snapped and had a puff, i got super lightheaded as well. Most people do when its not as familiar in the system.

Good for you on quitting ! I need to use my e-cig more, need to cut down.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Its the nicotin rush. Let me give you a (in my view) good advice. If you really want to stop smoking, quit the ecig too.
You cant know what its doing to your body. I know some people who switched to it and half of them "smoke" much more since then. Its the perfect tool for making you more addicted. Because there is "no end", some smoke and smoke and smoke...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

Its the nicotin rush. Let me give you a (in my view) good advice. If you really want to stop smoking, quit the ecig too.
You cant know what its doing to your body. I know some people who switched to it and half of them "smoke" much more since then. Its the perfect tool for making you more addicted. Because there is "no end", some smoke and smoke and smoke...

Most e-cigs here in Canada are vapour only, no nicotine. I suggest getting the e-cigs without the nicotine as they don't introduce anything into the system, it just satisfies the act of smoking without damaging you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Didn´t know that. In germany, you can get nicotin ampulls.
Forgive me if I´m wrong, but I read that the vapor is the same that is used in fog machines. Sure, it may be better then a normal cigarette, but this feels like replacing one harm with another. Think of the tabak industrie. Wouldn´t it be better for them if by time all would use ecig? No need to maintain tabacco plantages, just a processing plant for the substances needed.

I wonder if its cheaper then normal cigarettes, and if so they will adapt the price to it sooner or later.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
it means ur not getting nearly enough nicotine that ur body craves. I switched over to e-cig on the 15th of this month and havent had a real smoke since but i got the highest nicotine lvl 24 mg and i use about 1/2 a bottle a day 5 ml its a lot of juice but im using a little less than that first day and after 2 weeks im gonna go down too 18 mg and so on till 0 mg and fight the cravings. i tried it before with the cheap e cigs and couldnt get enough nicotine to quit so i bought one with a larger cartomizer and a tank and large battery and this did the trick the first day was a little hard but now its np i need a lot of nicotine i used to smoke 2 packs a day so i need a hard hitting e-cig with a lot of battery life and that held a lot of juice to satisfy me i found it with the ego e-cig a tank and 1000 ma battery

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

owww you hurt me again with these e-cig stuff
(green with envy) I think I gonna get myself too, its just the postal cost and dependency to the e-liquid, hmmmm

btw its the nicotine, the e-cig you use seems to supply less nicotine, good, but when switching to normal ones, you get the complete dose, which is higher than what you have accustom to.

I can get the same "high" feeling if I quit for 12+ hours.
Stick to e-cig, reduce the nicotine gradually until 0mg, the best result is when you use vapor + flavors only.
edit on 22-5-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I am not sure but do believe all ecigs have nicotine in them...thats the purpose to deliever nicotine without some of the other ingredients in real cigs. ...Propylene Glycol is what produces the vapor...yes the main ingredient in anti freeze along with unidentified flavoring ingredients.

I believe the ecigs can help some quit...just like the gum...patches and other drugs available however evry person is different and different drugs affect people in different ways. The ecigs allowed me to curb my habit but I am not ready to quit..that is the key...when you are ready you will quit.

My expierance with ecigs is that it gave me pluricy...chest pains...if I used it too much...but if it helps curb the real cig habit then go for it but of course the best deal is to quit all together. I would suggest one of the prescription products in conjunction with the ecig eventually cutting both out and then just old fashioned will power...good luck

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Don´t mess with your stomach. I have morbus chron and it tilts your life 180°.

new topics

top topics

join