It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are dead people waking up around the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Have you noticed the stories, lately?

'Dead' man wakes up at funeral

The funeral of a 28 year-old waiter in southern Egypt turned into a celebration when he woke up after being declared dead.

Hospital officials had pronounced dead Hamdi Hafez al-Nubi, who came from the village of Naga al-Simman in the southern province of Luxor, after he suffered a heart attack while working.

His family says grieving relatives took him home and, according to Islamic tradition, washed his body and prepared him for burial Friday evening.

A doctor sent to sign the death certificate found it strange that his body was warm. At closer observation she discovered he was still alive.

His mother fainted upon hearing the good news.

Baby declared dead wakes up in Argentine morgue

A baby born prematurely woke up in the morgue of a hospital in northern Argentina 12 hours after having been declared dead, authorities in Chaco province said Tuesday.

The assistant health secretary for Chaco, Rafael Sabatinelli, called the incident "unfortunate", adding that an investigation will be launched focusing on the health professionals involved in the matter at the hospital.

The incident occurred at Perrando Hospital when the mother of the little girl born six months after being conceived was asked to go to the morgue to see her daughter and discovered her alive.

"During the night I went with my husband to where the little coffin was. He used a lever and opened the coffin. Suddenly, I heard a whine. (The baby) was covered (and there was a lot of) frost," said Analia Bouter.

Woman declared dead, 'wakes up' before funeral

In a bizarre incident a 72-year-old woman, who was declared 'dead', started breathing when her relatives were about to burn her 'body' on the funeral pyre on Wednesday. The woman is presently ailing since she has a severe blood clot in her brain and is undergoing treatment at a private hospital here.

The incident took place at a village in Nawalgarh district of the state. Hundreds of relatives of Magan Kanwar, a native of Dadi Ka Phatak in Jhotwara, had gathered and were preparing for the woman's funeral. When some women were performing the ritual of bathing the 'dead body', they realized she was breathing. Immediately after, her son Surendra Singh Rathore took her to hospital and in the afternoon she was admitted at another private hospital.

Chinese Woman Declared Dead Climbs out of Coffin

Zombies are real, and they apparently live in China.

A 95-year-old Chinese grandmother by the name of Xiufeng Li was mistaken for dead after being found unresponsive and not breathing by her neighbor, Qingwang Chen. She was found shortly after suffering an unfortunate head injury in her home.

Mr. Chen had stopped by to wake her up after she failed to get up in the morning for breakfast. He tried and tried to rouse her, but she failed to respond. Despite her body not being cold, the elderly woman was declared dead.

‘Dead’ woman comes back to life

A 67-year-old woman, Magan Kanwar, came alive just before her creamtion.

Twenty hours after she was declared dead by the doctors, she started snoring to everybody’s surprise. This has happened in the house of Ramkumar Singh Rathore at Kari village at Nawalgarh tehsil in Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.

Her only son had tonsured his head to perform the last rites. The body was being given the last bath. Suddenly the unexpected happened. The situation in the house dramatically changed from grief to joy.

Either the medical community around the globe needs more training or we may have a certifiable zombie apocalypse on our hands!

All kidding aside, I find some of these stories to be rather odd. I'm sure that more than just the patient's body temperature was checked as a person can be warm for some time after death.

The Lab: Articles: Timely Death

Body Temperature: Normal body temperature during life is 98.6 degrees F. After death, the body loses heat progressively until it equilibrates with that of the surrounding medium. The rate of this heat loss is approximately 1.5 degrees per hour until the environmental temperature is attained, then it remains stable. Obviously, this measure is greatly effected by location. A body in the snow in Minnesota in January and one in a Louisiana swamp in August will lose heat a widely divergent rates. These factors must be considered in any “estimate” of time of death.

I could speculate about these stories and go off on some wild tangent and probably involve the Mayan calendar somehow (it's really not that hard) but, I'd rather think that the human body can do some mysterious things.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Hes has luck that he was not buried yet
!
Thats why i want to get burned after iam Dead, save is save

edit on 22-5-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Ah, but in one of the stories a woman woke up right before her cremation...be careful what you wish for.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I would venture to guess it's not so much the 'waking dead' are occurring more as much as we've got the internet at our fingertips to collaborate the happenings - but that's just a guess! Maybe you're right!

Great idea for a thread! S&F!

peace

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Man that sucks to XD

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's because some medical professionals have made mistakes and clearly did not do their job correctly and make a proper diagnosis. Not like zombies are waking up from the grave or anything.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

We're getting better at determining if someone is alive or not.

Makes you wonder, all those coffins... how many people woke up inside one. and went.. mental... I cannot/willno/donotwant to even consider that.

So I'm going to make my demise as permanent as possible. One way or another, I'm gunna find it.. I'm gunna gunaa gunna gunna... err..

Well, as the theme to mash states "Suicide is painless.. it brings on many changes.. and I can tak or leave it if I please."

It's true :

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be
The pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
I can take or leave it if I please

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever present hate
but now i know that it's too late

That suicide is painless

That game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card of some delay
So this is all I have to say

That suicide is painless

The sword of time will pierce our skin
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it burn

That suicide is painless
And I can take or leave it if I please

A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
Is it to be or not to be
And I replied oh why ask me

That suicide is painless
And I can take or leave it if I...

That suicide is painless

That suicide is painless
And you can do the same thing if you please

Written by a 14 year old boy, no less... what an EMO... lol

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
14 YO boy however the song became the theme to the great show MASH.

Just trivial there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
These "Dead" people are waking up because.....................................
.......................They Are not Dead!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkullAndBeats235

Hes has luck that he was not buried yet
!
Thats why i want to get burned after iam Dead, save is save

edit on 22-5-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

i dont know whats worst
being buried alive or being thrown in the middle of the ocean

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
R.I.P LAVO
David Lavender
How i wish you could wake up.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Gad what a horrid way to go... I mean I'm alive. I'm alive. Now how am I going to get out of this box?

www.google.com...

Ding ding... ding, dinga ling.
Honey what is that sound?
I don't rightly know. It seems to be coming from the grave yard across the way.
How can that be? It's three o'clock in the morning.
Oh never mind go back to sleep.
Yah, maybe its ghosts. Good night.
Good night honey. Turns over.

Somewhere across the way...
ding ding... dinga ding Ding DING!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Have you noticed the stories, lately?

I noticed this one about a month ago...

An Australian man declared dead and headed to the coroners, shocked paramedics by wiggling his foot.
Daniel Huf, 30, was declared dead by paramedics after a crash in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, last month.
Yesterday, he was discharged from the Royal Melbourne Hospital

link

I dont think there's anything paranormal going on here in this case... just human error by the paramedics.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
There actually used to be a common practice ( can't remember what countries) where for the first few days of burial the undertakers mounted bells above a buried coffin, with a rope leading down into it. If someone pulls the rope after waking in a coffin the undertaker comes and digs em out. I think accidents like this are more common than people think
It's also scary that this day and age, people are still being wrongfully declared dead

Acceptable in the times before electricity, but kinda disturbing now

edit on 22-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

Here's a good link for you

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-5-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Google 'Highlander" and watch the movie. Perhaps the movie was made for a reason other than just to entertain / make money.

P

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Cool thread and everything but you posted the story of Magan Kanwar twice!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
In earlier times, vampire legends were influenced by individuals being buried alive due to ancient medical knowledge. The bubonic plague was considered to be the work of Vampires, and terror of infection led people to bury their dead without completely verifying that they were truly deceased. In many cases people reported sounds originating from a coffin. It was then no wonder that so many encounters of Vampires rising from their graves during this time were noted. When the coffin was dug up fingernail marks were discovered on the inside from the victim trying to escape. A person, buried alive, would try to claw his way out of the grave and would be discovered covered in blood from the wounds he had inflicted upon himself by doing so. Because of the fear of being buried alive, many people were buried with bells. Bodies make noise because of the bubbling of escaping gases from natural decomposition of bodies

This type of mistake was what led to the belief in Vampires in the Medieval times.

The bubonic plague was rampant, and physicians would prematurely bury victims in coffins without the knowledge of comas and such.

Many coffins would be exhumed (to search for the living dead or Vampires), and people would see a corpse with blood all over the face, and nails. They assumed it was due to vampirism, but later realised that they were burying people alive. The victims awoke from their comas and realise they were buried. The victim would then try to claw out of the coffin and eventually eat there own flesh out of hunger. (hence the blood).

[

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
There is a lot of weird stuff that happens in countries where healthcare is not as advanced as other countries. Places like India and China, where the population is very large, are bound to have more crazy stuff happen. Crazy stuff, although maybe not waking from the dead, will start to happen in countries like the US if the healthcare system isn't fixed or regulated...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This has probably been going on since the beginning of time:

Russian Psychiatrist George Rodonaia Killed By KGB

Dr. George Rodonaia's Near Death Experience

Nigerian Raised from the Dead - part 1

Nigerian Raised from the Dead - part 2

Monk who came back from hell

MONK SEES BUDDHA IN HELL AND LIVES TO TELL

To Hell and Back

ATHEIST PROFESSOR IN HELL - Howard Storm

A former atheist went to hell...what he saw !

The Lazarus Phenomenon - part 1

The Lazarus Phenomenon - part 2

Caught up into Paradise: Dr. Richard Eby (pt. 1)

Caught up into Paradise: Dr. Richard Eby (pt. 2)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullAndBeats235

Great idea, well unless you wake up in the oven.

This is why I am working on completely destroying this husk we call a body before I am declared dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join