It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Black Matter in space be a different form of water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Obviously I'm not a scientific person but I was watching a TV show on swimming pools and they showed a pool that NASA people practice space walks in. The person said , water is the closest thing to space therefore they practice their space things in water.

So my question is could space / black matter be a form of water? Water takes many forms on Earth, ice - solid, vapor- gas and liquid. Could water take on an unknown form in space with no gravity to hold it together?

Then I remember the verse in the Bible - Genesis 1:6
'Let there be a vault in the waters to divide the waters in two' And it was so. God made the vault, and it
divided the waters above the vault from the waters under the vault. God called the vault heaven.

Ok the vault "heaven " must be our atmosphere , because the birds fly in the "heaven" in verse 20. So the vault is our atmosphere. The waters below the vault are our seas, lakes and streams. Where is the water above our vault (atmoshpere), could it be the black matter that makes up most of space?

I know, I know mixing religion with science, but I do believe they can go hand in hand.

What do you think, could water take on another form in space and is what we call black matter?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Very interesting, let me put some thought into it. It does sound plausible.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Im intrigued by that thought. One question, not to discredit your thought process, is how do you explain stars?

On a second note, black holes are possibly like toilet bowls into other dimensions.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The only scientific study that I am aware of that determined matter being a
liquid was with Tesla and it concerned electricity. Electricity or electrical waves
traveled through an insulating liquid containing electrical charges. The electrical
charges would be electrons and protons or some grouping that makes a charge.
Tesla used high voltage to breakdown the insulating liquid. Today we would just
say quantum well or wall potential was broken. The Tesla frequency would move
the charge once in control. A fascinating subject.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
No

And if it was black coffee?

could water take on another form in space and is what we call black matter

Yes, water in space(vacuum) changes form, but its molecular structure stays the same.
edit on 22-5-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Life and everything in it is a fractal.
If you compare cigarette smoke to "space clouds", you will see a similarity.
Space is just a different atmosphere imo.
Just like we have lakes in the bottom of the ocean made from a condensed form of water we've never known until recently compared to the regular ocean compared to the skys and then you have space.

I would imagine the closest thing to a true vacuum is thought.
even then thought is energy which is less than a vacuum.

so yep.. space is a VERY FRIGGIN HUGE OCEAN with very little (compared to what we understand) density

b

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
The person said , water is the closest thing to space therefore they practice their space things in water.

That is only correct if you want to feel weightless - which does "nearly" happen in water thanks to floatation, so you can train to move in spacesuits.

There is nothing else comparable between water and vacuum in matters of "this is nearly like that" - no, they are not. Or try to define the similarity in a more detailed way.

Especially dark matter! There is no theoretical way to explain dark matter with some barionic particles which are coincidental forming waterdrops.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

You could well be on to something ... but

Could it be something as simple as water being the closest medium we have on Earth, to replicate weightlessness ?

Ed; already mentioned ( too slow at typing )
edit on 22-5-2012 by Timely because: slow post

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

This would fit in nicely with the discovery of a Star that throws out the equal amount of water to the Amazon every second !

"The star was discovered by ESA’s Herschel Space Observatory, whose eyes were able to pierce the dense cloud of gas and dust that is feeding the star’s formation. There, Herschel saw light signature indicative of hydrogen and oxygen, and in following those traces found that these atoms are forming water on and around the star. But as the molecules move through the star and are injected into the massive jets of gas spewing from the poles, the heat and pressure vaporize the water into jets of gas.

Only when the gas jets are far enough away from the star do they rapidly cool and turn back into liquid. At this point, the water droplets are essentially bullets of water moving something like 80 times faster than the average round fired from a rifle. And there’s a lot of them. The amount of water ejecting from the star is equal to the amount that flows through the Amazon every second, researchers say.

Astronomers think this water-spewing stage is short, but that it is also something every protostar goes through. If so, that means water could be scattered all over the universe. And that’s an interesting thought indeed."

Link

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What does the Universe expand outward into?

Water is a known element. Dark matter is an unknown element.

So without substance- how do you know what to look for?

- Just trying to help not be a pest =)

Personally- I use up a lot of natures elements. It provides, and I live.

What if there is no dark matter. what if it is what we have been calling it forever - Space.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Seriously, I would like that everyone reads about astronomy (dark matter, LHC, anything at the edge of our knowledge) on sites like scienceblogs.com....

This blog explains in simple words fascinating stuff like the above, brings a lot of pictures and is all about one of the most entertaining science-blogs I know. Read it. You will learn enough about dark matter to see the differences to normal matter quickly.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm trying really hard to find a nice way to say it, so please don't take it as being "mean" in any way.

I'm going to lay it out in a semi-scientific but not really scientific way to try to bring understanding, so those who are scientific, please bear with me... My mind is on food so I'm going in that direction.

It's made up of sub atomic particles (neutrinos) that haven't formed into atoms and water is made of hydrogen and oxygen (2:1 ratio), so it's not at all a form of water but its particles could come together at some point in a reaction (another theory is it's the particles that have been blown apart) and form any of our elements and those elements could come together (if they were hydrogen and oxygen) and become water but it's not a form of water.
Think of it as the "grain" of the universe. You could feed it to the cattle, building their meat up before slaughter, you could grind it into flour and make bread or cakes or ... well, anything you can make from flour. It exists just as the grain does in the wild field, it's there and sometimes it's used and sometimes it isn't (the grain goes to seed and regrows so it's always there unless disturbed by us).
I guess by calling it dark matter, it gives the idea that it's the "opposite" of some kind of matter we already have, but that's not the case. They call it dark matter because it doesn't emit or absorb light and can't be observed.

This is a very generalized and streamlined explanation, but hopefully will suffice for those who aren't familiar with what dark matter is and give them a better idea

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
you probably think i am stupid or something, but let me tell you, Our universe is made up half space and half water, 50% of the universe is space and 50 % is water. Our universe is a bubble. There are millions of other universes out there, but we are one of those bubbles known as the universe. Each of the universes rest on the cosmic ocean. That oceans belongs to world of the supreme creator. Black holes can be considered as the whirlpool in the ocean. Water on Earth came from somewhere, and so the source is out there that there is water in the universe. Water just cant come on Earth out of no where, Comets are also form of icy particles, melt the ice and you get water.
edit on 22-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We really need an emoticon for :facepalm:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012
you probably think i am stupid or something, but let me tell you, Our universe is made up half matter and half water, 50% of the universe is matter and 50 % is water. Our universe is a bubble. There are millions of other universes out there, but we are one of those bubbles known as the universe. Each of the universes rest on the cosmic ocean. That oceans belongs to world of the supreme creator. Black holes can be considered as the whirlpool in the ocean. Water on Earth came from somewhere, and so the source is out there that there is water in the universe. Water just cant come on Earth out of no where, Comets are also form of icy particles, melt the ice and you get water.

ummmm water IS matter, it's made up of molecules which are made up of atoms which are made up of subatomic particles just like all other matter is. It's not something set apart or different from matter and it doesn't make up 50% of the universe.
Atoms only make up an estimated 4.6% of the universe and water is the combination of the atoms Hydrogen and Oxygen, so even if ALL the atoms that existed in the universe were hydrogen and oxygen atoms (which they aren't), water could still only make up 4.6% of the universe. Since not everything is hyrogen or oxygen (hydrogen is the most abundant, but oxygen isn't and you need it to make water), not even that much of the universe is water. A very, very VERY small percentage of the universe is water.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

you probably think i am stupid or something, but let me tell you, Our universe is made up half matter and half water, 50% of the universe is matter and 50 % is water. Our universe is a bubble. There are millions of other universes out there, but we are one of those bubbles known as the universe. Each of the universes rest on the cosmic ocean. That oceans belongs to world of the supreme creator. Black holes can be considered as the whirlpool in the ocean. Water on Earth came from somewhere, and so the source is out there that there is water in the universe. Water just cant come on Earth out of no where, Comets are also form of icy particles, melt the ice and you get water.

ummmm water IS matter, it's made up of molecules which are made up of atoms which are made up of subatomic particles just like all other matter is. It's not something set apart or different from matter and it doesn't make up 50% of the universe.
Atoms only make up an estimated 4.6% of the universe and water is the combination of the atoms Hydrogen and Oxygen, so even if ALL the atoms that existed in the universe were hydrogen and oxygen atoms (which they aren't), water could still only make up 4.6% of the universe. Since not everything is hyrogen or oxygen (hydrogen is the most abundant, but oxygen isn't and you need it to make water), not even that much of the universe is water. A very, very VERY small percentage of the universe is water.

How do you its only 4.6% , check this out its a view of the spiritual world www.japaretreats.com...

look at the image and try to understand, if any questions ask me, read the side notes

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This will REALLY blow your mind!! This is a comparison of the water on the earth's surface (all the water on earth) compared to the size of the earth. All of it, underground rivers and caves and lakes are all included because they are all within the crust of the earth, no water below the crust and the crust, even though we think of it as pretty darn thick, isn't really thick at all compared to the entire size of the earth.

(pic borrowed from another thread somewhere on here)

This should separate the wheat from the chaff
edit on 22-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

How do you its only 4.6% , check this out its a view of the spiritual world www.japaretreats.com...

look at the image and try to understand, if any questions ask me, read the side notes

so.... either you pasted the wrong link or I seriously overestimated you ....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join